Signing(s): Wagner to LAR

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He was due $16.6 mill or something from Seattle and they opted to cut him.

Being reasonable this is really a 2 year deal like Von Miller with Buffalo. More years to spread out the cap hit.

Would guess Wagner gets between $17-$22 mill of actual cash for the 2 years I suspect he would play for the Rams.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Is it just me or do the Seahawks piss off a disproportionate amount of their prominent players on the way out? I Wagner, Wilson, Thomas just off of the top of my head. One of Sherman or Lynch, right? Sherman, right?

Edit- I say Wagner cause he signed with the Rams. That’s a middle finger to schneider and skeletor.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wagner grew up near LA. The Rams also like to buy expensive vets for a year or two after every season.

PC/JS have earned their share of ire from departing players for sure, but Wagner to LA has other factors at play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is it just me or do the Seahawks piss off a disproportionate amount of their prominent players on the way out? I Wagner, Wilson, Thomas just off of the top of my head. One of Sherman or Lynch, right? Sherman, right?

Edit- I say Wagner cause he signed with the Rams. That’s a middle finger to schneider and skeletor.
The Kam Chancellor contract and subsequent neck injury forcing his retirement really impacted how Seattle operated on the third contract. That’s why they didn’t extend Sherman and Earl. Earl was ticked cause he wanted a new deal from Seattle or a trade to a team willing to give him an extension. Sherm the Hawks cut cause he was coming off the achillies.
Lynch had back issues in his final couple of seasons. Recall him not starting the opening series a couple of times cause his back seized up on him.
Wilson, well QB and massive cap implications.

Wagner they screwed up not talking to him first. That’s on them.

As for where players opt to sign once cut. Generally land in 2 spots Mainly.

Either with a team that runs the same scheme. Or they go to a team within the division because those teams have seen them play 15- 20 times during their career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad