WAFFLE CUP Revival

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

I realize that I missed providing you folks a notification for this.

In case there are any newer members here that do not check out other Team Boards, please accept my apologies.

This is a message I sent to almost each Team Board over the last 5-10 days:

Update,

So I’ve sent a request for help to almost every Team Board . The only ones I’ve skipped are the Kings, Flyers, Islanders & Tampa, as they each have only 1 GDT creator, using the same format. They’ll be nominated for their respective categories without needing this step.

The actual Competition/Polling will take place on The Lounge. I will link to the Thread when I create it.

Update: I’ve created a Thread in The Lounge, with more information:

WAFFLE CUP 2021 (January through playoffs)

For those interested, I’m starting to place the Nominations from Team Boards who completed this step.

——————-

For you here at HF Kraken, please feel free to join in on the Polling/Voting process. Again, my apologies for the late notice, but I was really focused on resurrecting this project & getting through the nomination process.

I was aiming to get the competition going tomorrow, but it’s looking more like Tuesday, September 14th. I’ll post confirmation a day in advance.

Cheers
GP

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I’ve got to be honest. I don’t know what any of that means. Is this like a “post a photoshop funny about another team” thing?
So .. on game days we create GDT threads. To make things fun people create 'themed' GDT's. I am far from an artistic person but I made attempts to create some back in the day. Here is an example:

GDT: - Game 23: Blues @ Sharks - The Phantom Offense - 03/09/13, 1:00 PM PST

There are so many people on the forums that are artistic geniuses. We had some super GDT's on the Sharks forums that make the thread I created look like scribbling of a 2 year old. I will look at starting a poll soon to see if there are any interested folks who want to create GDT threads. If there is enough interest we can start looking to schedule that. If not, people can still do it of their own will (and time).

Just to be clear, the thread does NOT need to be super fancy. Any art, sometimes even stupid MS paint scribbles get a good laugh and can be themed well. The Waffle cup is basically a vote to see which is the 'best' GDT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad