WAFFLE CUP GALLERY 2021 (January through playoffs)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

I’m transferring this from the National Hockey League Board.

As many of you are aware, I appreciate those who create GDT’s and enjoy making the odd one myself.

I’ve checked with the Administrators to make sure I wasn’t disrespecting the legacy of the Past Member who used to handle this project each off-season.

There doesn’t appear to be an issue so I’m bringing back the Waffle Cup, but perhaps in a different way than it’s original form. I figured I’d keep the name in order to avoid any confusion and honour the original creator.

I honestly don’t know how the original competition was laid out, but my thought is to have a few distinct categories. I’m expanding the scope in order to recognize more of the Members we have here who dedicate their time & effort for us to have GDT’s.
  1. TV/Movie Based Theme
  2. Animation/Comic Strip
  3. Information Provided
  4. Open (not included in the above)

Please feel free to offer any suggestions as I get this Project resurrected.

If anyone can let me know who the Member was that originally handled the Waffle Cup, please let me know so that I can give proper credit.

This Post is just for a heads up in preparation for the start of the competition.

Hopefully it will be enjoyable for people to see the great work done this past Season by our talented folks here.

I sent a request for nominations to almost every Team Board. The only ones I’ve skipped are the Kings, Flyers, Islanders & Tampa, as they each have only 1 GDT creator, using the same format. They’ll be nominated for their respective categories without needing this step.

A few Questions have arisen:

Can you please provide more information on what the Waffle Cup is?

• The Waffle Cup is a friendly competition using Polling to vote on the most popular Game Day Thread created during the Season.

Is this Waffle Cup competition for the past Season or in preparation for the coming one?
  • The Season just completed, including the Playoffs.

Can the same Member be nominated with more than one GDT?
  • Yes.

I’m giving all the Team Boards a few more days to review their GDT’s. As I’ve had time, I’ve been going through the Teams I’m familiar with to help move this along. I’ll try my best to do this for all the Teams.

As the nominations are completed for each Team Board, I’ll Post them in this Thread as a ‘Pre-Competition Viewing’ with a suggested Category assigned to each.
8B1D13F2-E611-4810-A679-277740572A80.gif

Once all of the Team Boards are done submitting their nominations, then we’ll confirm the assignment of Categories for each Nomination.

Upon completion of Category Assignment, I’ll send out a notice a day ahead to each Team Board when Polling/Voting is going to start. I’m targeting early next week at this point.

Cheers

A6A97A62-9552-46BA-B855-0EFF8D773C49.gif

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Ducks:ducksZero (0) nominations submitted as of Sept. 12th

HF Canes :canes Zero (0) Nominations Submitted as of Sept. 12th
HF Coyotes :coyotes2 Two (2) nominations submitted as of Sept. 12th

@Summer Rose
Jan. 13th. Yotes vs Sharks.

OPEN CATEGORY

Arizona Coyotes

n0dpTqA.png

y0sb67v.png

aYdwzQ9.png

X8nfkPh.png

San Jose Sharks

DearestWillingBaiji-small.gif

This thread is approved by...

9jwQHu7.png

Lucy!

————————————————————-

@GiveAFlyingPuck Jan 19 Coyotes vs Knights:

TV / MOVIE BASED THEME CATEGORY

Bringing back the Army theme for luck. They're going to need to band together, like brothers.

314568-a4edbdaaae395af3a5ef181d357a51da.jpg

full

full

VS

holygrails.jpg

——————————————————————————————-

HF SABRES :sabres
One (1) Nomination submitted as of Sept. 8th

@SundherDome Game 56
May 8th Sabres vs Pens

OPEN CATEGORY

Good morning, good morning. In less than a few hours aircraft from here will join others from around the world and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is May 8th and you will once again be fighting for our freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution but from annihilation. We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win today the 8th of May will no longer be known as the end of the season but the day when Buffalo declared in one voice, “We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our End of Season!”

——————————————————-

HF Flames :flames Zero (0) Nominations submitted as of Sept. 8th

——————————————————-

HF Hawks :hawks Two (2) Nominations submitted

@Rooh Jan 26 Hawks vs Preds (there is 1 image that is dead now, so if @Rooh could find & post it, I’ll update this)

OPEN CATEGORY
usa_today_11407833.0.jpg

picard-oooh.gif

wc6uek7g4yt21.png

44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.gif

cut.jpg

6a16bb69bf61d63b699fb3ce8ef3c82901bcaf33.gifv

predators-ridiculous-banner-lead.jpg

QBSi.gif

GQVnV85J.gif

B23955B4-DBF1-45A5-955E-F2A5E26B696F.gif

tenor.gif

———————————————————————-
@Drumman44 March 7 Hawks vs Lightning

Well if you're anything like me, you've been watching our beloved boys in red this season wondering

"Did we go back in time? Is this the championship years all over again"?

v0OoWpB.jpg

or.... "Did we just travel forward in time and the future is now? Is the rebuild ahead of schedule?"

SdzF8MM.jpg

"Will this game be yet another game where we need more than the full 60 minutes?"

WomNJqq.jpg

One thing is for sure... when that clock hits 1:30 PM Central Time, you're going to see some serious shit.

giphy.gif

————————————————————————————

HF Avs :avs Four (4)Nominations submitted

@TanguaySauce Jan. 21st Avs vs Kings

upload_2021-1-21_9-38-49-png.386467

upload_2021-1-21_9-39-54-png.386468

upload_2021-1-21_9-44-19-png.386470

upload_2021-1-21_9-44-43-png.386471

upload_2021-1-21_9-45-13-png.386472

The Mighty Avalanche of Denver

**Starring**

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Saad - Kadri - Donskoi
Jost - Compher - Nichushkin
Bellemare - Calvert

Toews - Makar
Johnson - Girard
Graves - Timmins
Pateryn

Grubauer
Miska

The Kings of Los Angeles

**Starring**

Kempe - Kopitar - Iafallo
Athanasiou - Lizotte - Carter
Andersson - Vilardi - Brown
Wagner - Amadio - Moore

Maaata - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Clague - Walker

Quick
Petersen

**Tonight's Game Music Brought to You By Bob Seger**

———————————————————————————————

@UncleRisto Jan.21st Avs vs Ducks

7XNBT0t.jpg

*I don't know what the lines will be, how could I?

——————————————————————————

@TanguaySauce March 18th Avs vs Wild

OPEN CATEGORY

upload_2021-3-18_9-21-17-png.409316

upload_2021-3-18_9-21-42-png.409317

upload_2021-3-18_13-38-12-png.409402

upload_2021-3-18_9-22-30-png.409319

--------------------------------------

upload_2021-3-18_9-30-42-png.409321

--------------------------------------------------

upload_2021-3-18_13-38-40-png.409404

Today's Pre-Game Music Brought to You By...

@TanguaySauce June 4th Avs vs Knights

TV /MOVIE THEME CATEGORY

Colorado-Avalanche-T-Mobile-1.jpg

upload_2021-6-4_8-38-43-png.443201

upload_2021-6-4_8-39-14-png.443202

upload_2021-6-4_8-39-36-png.443203

upload_2021-6-4_8-39-59-png.443204

upload_2021-6-4_8-40-33-png.443205

upload_2021-6-4_8-55-2-png.443208

** QUEUE SUPERHERO MONTAGE **

—————————————————————————————-

HF Jackets :cbj One (1) Nomination submitted

@CBJWerenski8 Game 56 May 8th Jackets vs Red Wings

OPEN CATEGORY

E01JROtWQAAN3OK

The Jackets take a stranglehold in the tank bowl by "winning" the first game. If the game goes to Overtime, the Jackets will be tank bowl champions.

The Jackets will look to repeat success of last night by starting Kivlenieks again.

But in all seriousness for a second, the Jackets will close out the miserable 2021 season tonight against Detroit. The Jackets have 46 points, with a max amount of 48, but with a dreadful 12 regulation/OT wins only ahead of Buffalo. This season is an unquestioned failure and very significant step back in the organization. Every move we made last offseason backfired, Wennberg (bought out) went on to have a successful year in Florida and largely returned to form, Anderson has had a successful first year in Montreal while Domi has never found his footing here. Something happened in the winter to push PLD away, in addition to Torts throwing gas on the fire. Nyquist was out for the year. Laine never got comfortable and sometimes lacked effort. The roster was blown apart at the deadline seeing captain Nick Foligno traded, and mainstay David Savard moved as well. There was far more negatives with the team than positives in these months and it is showcased in the record.

It wasn't all bad though. Bjorkstrand has shown continued improvement in his career and kept that going this year. Robinson has found a nice niche in the bottom 6 and has become an important player. Jack Roslovic came over in the PLD deal and has looked way better than expectations (and he's from Columbus BTW). Elvis has captured hearts and potentially locked down the #1 goalie gig. And uhh yeah thats about it for positives.

This will likely be the final game of the Tortorella era in Columbus. Some will be happy, some will be sad, and some will be mixed. Either way, it was the most successful run in franchise history and I don't think its a stretch to call him the best coach in team history. I wish Torts well and thank him for his service here.

Reflect on the team this year prior to game time if you'd like. I know I will.

It's been a strange year, both on the ice and in the real world. But the Jackets face a lot of hard decisions this summer and the near future of the team hangs in the balance of the decisions that will be made. Thank you all for the debates, discussions, and GDT banter this year. I may agree with you, I may disagree with you, and it might get heated sometimes, but at the end of the day it is always good to be here with all you people to discuss our favorite hockey team. To better days ahead.

HF Stars :stars Zero (0) Nominations as of Sept. 12th

HF Red Wings :wings Zero (0) Nominations as of Sept. 12th​

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Oilers :edmonton Nine (9) Nominations as of Sept. 12th

OPEN CATEGORY

@5 Mins 4 Ftg Feb 2nd Oilers vs Sens
screen-shot-1-png.391631

screen-shot-2-png.391632

screen-shot-3-png.391633

screen-shot-4-png.391634

screen-shot-5-png.391635

screen-shot-6-png.391636

screen-shot-7-png.391637

screen-shot-8-png.391638

screen-shot-9-png.391639

screen-shot-10-png.391640

500!

:edmonton

Today’s Lines

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Archibald - Haas - Kassian
Turris - McDrai- Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Bouchard
Laggesson - Larsson

Koskinen and Pray
Grosenick

BALANCE

:sens

Projected Lines

Ratboy Lite - Norris - Connor Brown
Paul - White - Dadonov
Stutzle - Tierney - Batherson
Paquette - Stepan - Watson

Reilly - Zaitsev
Coburn - Gudbranson
Chabot - Zub

Hogberg

Game Day Music

SPARTA by SABATON

Fearless Prediction

We Skip the Losses and hit 500

Oilers win.

Balance achieved.

-------------------------------------------------

@Wen22 Feb. 11th Oilers vs Sens

ANIMATION/ COMIC STRIP CATEGORY

Can they make it 2 in a row?? Thankfully they play the same team, so I can be lazy and reuse the template.

header-jpg.394305

Projected F lines

f-line-jpg.394306

Projected D Lines

received_1559749094230850-2-jpeg.394312

Projected Lines for the Sens (I'm lazy and just going to reuse my last file, I assume different goalie maybe.)

sens-line-jpg.394311

Just F'ing win, please

——————————————————————————-

@Wen22 Feb 11 Oilers vs Habs

Can they make it 3 in a row?
Peuvent-ils en faire 3 de suite?

header-2-jpg.395230

Projected Oilers lines. Lines may vary
Lignes projetées des Oilers. Les lignes peuvent varier

o-line-2-jpg.395232

d-line-jpg.395067

Projected Habs lines. Lines may vary
Lignes projetées des Canadiens. Les lignes peuvent varier

habs-line-jpg.395069

Just F'ing win, please.
Juste gagner, s'il te plait

I also googled translated the French, so please don't kill me for the horrible French lol

————————————————-

@5 Mins 4 Ftg Feb. 27th Oilers vs Leafs

OPEN CATEGORY

scene-1-png.401126

The LORD OF THE RINKS
THE EDMONTON V TORONTO TRILOGY

One Rink to Rule Them All
One Rink to Defeat Them
One Rink to Bring Them All
And in the Playoffs Beat Them

A darkness stirs in the east.
A shadow is being cast across the lands of the West from the evil lands of Ontario.

The Great Eye, the Canadian Sports Media posing as "National" Sports Media is casting its glare upon a Hart Trophy for its creation, Gollum Matthews. As the Great Eye owns the Leafs it is in their vested interest to promote them non stop and create dark stories of how Gollum Matthews is somehow deserving of a Hart Trophy.

Their hordes of restless fans, who can only see in black and white, have been brainwashed (its not that hard to do to them) to believe Gollum is the Best Player In The World (TM) based on puck retrievals, an unsustainable shooting percentage and an unsustainable power play.

This darkness is creeping across the land, and Gollum is utterly possessed with finding his Precious Hart with the help of the Great Eye, and delivering it to Toronto which will please his media overlords.

However the Hart resides in the quiet hamlet of Edmonton with the 2nd best player in the world, warrior Leon Draisaitl, while its former owner, Captain Conner McDavid is geared up to win it again with ease according to any non biased media outlet on the planet not based in the dark lands of Ontario.
scene-2-png.401125

Our 4 young and rather small players have been alerted that there is a darkness quietly approaching, and must find Captain Connor McDavid to warn him. When they finally meet up with Connor, he warns them of the extreme danger they are in.

The PrintWraiths are afoot.

These undead creatures never sleep. They thrive on gossip and write stories and podcasts non stop about their Leafs and about Gollum. They are actively assisting him in his quest to take "his" Precious. The PrintWraiths never quit and are always drawn to the Hart.

They used to be men and women reporters however the glare and spin of being in the Center Of The Universe for so long has corrupted their minds and souls, and now they can only speak and do The Great Eye's evil work.

To avoid these creatures, they must take the backroads to Ice District and meet with Holland. He will know what to do.
screen-shot-2021-02-27-at-12-29-53-am-png.401127

They made it to Ice District with seconds to spare. Print deadlines were approaching and TSN needed to have at least 17 stories on the Leafs ready to publish, including how everything in hockey affects the Leafs.

In Ice District they were safe from the PrintWraiths. There, they met with the ever wise Holland.

Holland said they must form a Fellowship of the Rink and destroy the Hart for if Gollum gains the Hart with the help of the PrintWraiths, the evil sports media empire will become so corrupted that they will only be able to write and report on the Leafs.

However destroying the Hart means venturing into Toronto and cast it into the fire from which it was made.

This quest was given to Kailer. Because Honey Badgers don't give a shit.

He would be the bearer of the Harts, both McDavids and Draisaitl's. They would not suspect such quiet skating and lack of shits creeping into Toronto, into the very heart of danger.
scene-4-png.401124

"One does not simply walk into Toronto" said Assistant Captain Draisaitl. "Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just hordes of brain dead fans. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Sports Media Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, devoid of critical thought, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

Connor stood up and said, "I will lead them".

"My Brother, My Captain, My King" said Leon. "I will follow you to the very depths of hell".

With that the Fellowship set off on their quest.
scene-5-png.401123

The Fellowship had to cross treacherous territory to avoid the glare of the Great Eye. However walking through a long forgotten territory of a 5 game winning streak, they awoke a great sleeping evil.

"What is it!?!?!" queried Draisaitl and Barrie.

"TSN's Twitter Account" said Smith. "FLY you fools! Only I can defeat it."

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.
OR SHOOT. OR SCORE.
IN FACT TSN - YOU CAN f*** RIGHT OFF.
scene-6-png.401122

However before the Fellowship of the Rink could reach Toronto, they had to defeat the armies of the south. The Southerners had allied with the the Great Eye to the East.

For now there were Two Towers ever watchful, scouring the countryside for the Precious.

Captain Connor mustered his troops, and they set off south. Taking the Southern Tower by storm, the Southern Tower flooded again, only this time with Calgary tears. Their GM could not understand how to wear a mask. Its goaltender was smashing his head against a wall. His best troops were utterly ineffective. The South was destroyed.

Now Connor could turn his attention to the Great Eye's Media tower in Toronto, where the media lies.
scene-7-png.401121

The armies of the West made it to the Black Gates of Ontario. Captain Connor rode forward with his small entourage and called upon the Great Media Eye to come forth.

The gates creaked slowly open and out strode a single rider, the Mouth of O'Niell.

The Mouth of O'Niell was once a man but his constant twisting facts, using obscure stats to his advantage and create his own false narratives about his Leafs and Gollum twisted his mind and fouled his mouth.

He began to speak to Connor, about how the Leafs captured Kailer and have the Hart for Gollum. After all Gollum's puck retrievals were generational, as was his zone entries and kilometres skated per 60.

Captain Connor heard enough. He lopped the head off of the Mouth of O'Niell so he wouldn't have to hear his shit ever again.
scene-8-png.401120

The Mouth of O'Niell's lifeless body fell to the ground.

With that the Black Gates opened, revealing Mount Doom and the CN Tower beyond, where the Great Eye was focused directly on Captain Connor and the armies of the West.

The Great Eye released its hordes of brain dead fans. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of near zombies spewed forth like vomit from a 17 year old binge drinking for the first time, or like the pregame show on Hockey Night In Canada.

Captain Connor turned to his men and exclaimed "I see in your eyes the same laughter at these morons that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Oilers fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour of pucks and shattered sticks when the Age of the Oilers comes crashing down, but it is not this day! Today we skate, Men of the West!"

Captain Connor turned and faced the brainless horde which was shuffling forward and chanting Go Leafs Go in between mouth breathing and drooling.
scene-9-png.401119

Meanwhile, the quiet skating of Kailer into the heart of Toronto was unnoticed. The armies of Captain Connor and the rest of the Oilers were enough to distract the Great Eye.

Kailer crept into Mount Doom where the NHL minted its trophies 100 years ago. As he raised his arm up to cast the Hart into the fire, Gollum Matthews - who had snuck around unseen while riding the coat tails of Mitch The Bitch - screamed NOOOO, MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSS, and wrested the Hart away from Kailer.

Gollum Matthews snorted and danced and pranced with his man purse, $500 bucket hat, open mauve shirt and lime green suede pants, ready to expose his rear end to another female report, hoping the Great Eye was focused on him. He was expecting that the TSN twitter account was twitting madly about his fashion sense or lack thereof and his Precious!

Kailer looked at this, near laughter at his pathetic display and bucket hat, not to mention his man purse, and said to himself "ah f*** it, I'll just check them both into the fire, cuz I dont really give a shit."

And with that he bodychecked Gollum over the edge. Gollum fell down into the lava which burned his helmet off and exposed his receding hairline, then melted both him and the Hart into nothingness.

The Great Eye blew itself up, the fans of Toronto melted away for another season, defeated again.

Middle Earth was saved!

The Hart will go back to Captain Connor. Or Leon Draisaitl. One of the two.
scene-10-gif.401118

"Can you believe they think puck retrievals makes a Hart winner?"

Postscript.

Connor and Leon had actually kept their Hart trophies.

Because they deserved them.

The End.

TONIGHTS LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Ennis - Khaira - Archibald
P Russell - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
Jones - Bear

Smith and Pray

:leafs
TONIGHTS LINES

Thorton - Tavares - Marner
Barabanov - Kerfoot - Nylander
Hyman - Engvall - Mikheyev
Petan - Boyd - Spezza

Reilly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian

Peterson

GT MUSIC

SHADOWS - SABATON

FEARLESS PREDICTION

We destroy the Eye and Gollum falls to his doom. We win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Pizza!Pizza! Feb 28th Oilers vs Leafs.

Information Provided Category

leafblower-png.401853

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@5 Mins 4 Ftg Feb 23 Oilers vs Canucks

TV/MOVIE THEME BASED CATEGORY

scene-1-png.399436

SAVING PRIVATE JONES

The Edmonton Oilers are about to embark upon the Great Crusade. The pursuit of the top of the North Division, from where along the way they will have to start by liberating Vancouver from the clutches of referee baiting, diving hockey players and fans who burn their own city down when they lose.
scene-2-png.399437

D-Day has come.

Captain Tippett leads the invasion from his landing craft, filled with anxious Oilers about to hit the beach under heavy fire. Landing taxis follow on with reserves.

Along the way Tippett asks Sgt Nurse to let Lt Klefbom know to prepare his defence. However, Sgt Nurse has bad news for Captain Tip. Klefbom got hit in basic training, and is out for the invasion.

Captain Tip lets Nurse know he is now leading the group and wants to know if his defence is ready.

Nurse replies yes, all but Jones. He is in one of the follow up taxis.

Tippett doesn't seem to acknowledge this or even know who Jones is.
scene-3-png.399438

They hit the beach under heavy fire. Pvt Khaira storms in ahead of the group and easily takes care of the first defences. PFC Kassian informs Captain Tippett however in climbing over the side of the landing craft, Kassian breaks his hand much to the chagrin of the embedded reporter Jim Matheson.

Kassian is out of the invasion. Casualties are beginning to mount.
scene-4-png.399439

Captain Tippett calls in a reserve taxi but its immediately hit by Flames, taking out Pvt. 4K for the duration of the invasion. More troubling, PFC Yamamoto is also hit by Flames, however it looks like he might be ok once he gets to an aid station.

Private Jones informs Captain Tippett he is ready to go!

Captain Tippett, dazed by a flying puck, is not responding!

He now pulls PFC James Neal out of the invasion for scoring 2 goals! Captain Tippett must recover his senses fast or this invasion could spell the end of his troops!
scene-5-png.399440

Tippett comes to his senses not a moment too late. Realizing he has lost both Lt Klefbom and Pvt 4K from his defence along with Pvt Kassian for the invasion, he commands Sgt. Nurse to call up Private Lagesson from the reserve taxis.

Sgt. Nurse bellers out the command under heavy fire.

The defence is pinned down in their own end and needs to clear the beach fast. The Canuck bunker must be taken out!

Private Jones lets Captain Tippett know he is ready to go in!

Tippett responds with......silence.
scene-6-png.399441

Pvt Lagesson rushes up. "Clear the beach Lagesson! Take that bunker!" commands Captain Tippett.

"Yessir" yells Pvt Lagesson but as soon as he goes over the top he is hit in the wrist and goes down. "He will probably be ok but for now, he is out", Sgt Nurse yells over to Captain Tippett.

"Get Bear" commands Tippett in his deepest command voice.

Private Jones runs up behind Captain Tippett, and taps him on the back. "Sir, Private Jones reporting for duty, sir!"

Nothing...

"Bear, clear the beach and take some of our best defence and clear that bunker!" bellows Sgt Nurse.
scene-7-png.399442

Private Bear rushes up with Corporal's Barrie and Russell, however PFC Turris mixed up his assignments and joins the group.

Along the way Private Jones moves to intercept Turris and gets him in the knee!

"Fratricide! Friendly Fire! Jones you got me in the knee, I'm out!"

Private Jones is despondent. He thinks Tippett will never put him in now!

However Corporal Russell consoles the young defenceman. "Good one kiddo" he says. "He was useless anyway, always in the wrong spot. He would have gotten one of us killed".

Bear exclaims" C'mon Guys! We gotta blow that Canucks bunker!" and leads the charge!
scene-8-png.399443

However Bear runs into a hail of pucks and gets hit on the head! Bear goes down!

Corporal Russell lets Captain Tippett know Bear is down! Captain Tippett asks for the Russian kid Samorukov to be brought up from the reserve taxis however Nurse informs him he was hit early on and is out!

Captain Tippett checks his notes and says "Lennstrom! Get Lennstrom up here Nurse!"

Nurse informs Tippett that Lennstrom reserve taxi is still 2 weeks out. "How about that Jones kid Captain? He's pretty good!"

"Who? Jones? Whose that?" Says Tippett.

"Jones! Private Caleb Jones sir!"
scene-9-png.399444

Tippett is still not sure who Jones is, but tells Nurse to bring him up from the reserves.

"I'm right here sir! Ready and willing and able" Jones exlaims!

Nurse leans over to Jones. "Lead the way Private!"

"LETS GO BOYS!!!"

Jones along with the rest of the Oiler Defence clear the beach and make it to the Canucks bunker. blowing it sky high!

Lieutenant Smith, protecting the Oilers net at the far end of the beach, yells for his comrades to let them all burn!!!!!
He is an ex Flame after all.

Private Jones and the rest of the Oilers clear their end, take the beach and blow the bunkers.
scene-10-png.399445

AFTERMATH

Standing in liberated downtown Vancouver, ruined by rioting Canucks fans after their team lost the beach and had their bunkers blown, the victorious Oiler Defence with Captain Tippett surveys their surroundings, happy to have made it.

The casualties were heavy, the fighting was fierce, however the Oilers remain VICTORIOUS.

PROJECTED LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
P. Russell - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard

Smith and Pray

:nucks

PROJECTED LINES

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Roussell - Sutter - Gaudette
MacEwan - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Benn
Juolevi - Myers

Demko

GT MUSIC

Attack Attack - Tokyo Blade

Fearless Prediction

Oilers save Private Jones and defeat the Canucks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@5 Mins 4 Ftg Feb 25 Oilers vs Canucks

scene-1-png.400268

OLD SCHOOL

The last win over the Canucks was the first time since 1983 that the Edmonton Oilers came back from a 3 goal deficit to beat the Canucks.

The guys looked around said to each other "We're kicking' it Old School! Scoring goals and taking names!"

"Boys, it's time to celebrate our run!"
scene-2-png.400267

They had a day off between games and got the entire gang together. The weather was warm, the breeze was cool, the pizza's were hot, and headed off to campus, read-ee to part-ee!

McDavid said to the boys, "Hey, you know since Smith came back we have been on this incredible heater. We really should name our party the Mike-A-Palooza!"

Draisaitl agreed and the team quickly made up some posters and plastered them all over Vancouver so they could get a big crowd!
scene-3-png.400266

Posters were plastered all over the lower mainland for the Mike A Palooza, advertising music and beer at Rogers Arena for 8 PM Thursday! The boys were gonna burn it down!

But ever the thinker, Leon said to his teammates, "Guys, Neal had Covid and he might have it again! Or symptoms! Or not? We don't really know but we can't have a party without the REAL DEAL JAMES NEAL! I say we get him vaccinated!"

Ryan Nugget Hopkins said "Hey, I am from here, I know a guy that can bootleg us some Pfizer!"

scene-4-png.400265

They quickly grabbed Neal and got him a vaccination via a lawn dart to the neck, who was like - "you guys, I am a bit older now, I can miss the party. I have to hit Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, Winners, you know, family life guys. You go ahead and party without me."

McDavid, the leader of the group piped up. "Hey...James.....we are hitting it out of the park tonight! Perfect time for THE REAL DEAL JAMES NEAL to show up!!!

Neal quietly said, "Well, you know, I'll get this vaccine and maybe show up a bit later, just to say hi and everything. Be social. But no partying ok."

"OK, THE REAL DEAL IS COMING TO THE PARTY!", shouted the players in unison, exhilarated that Neal was joining them!
scene-5-png.400264

The lads left for the party and the crowd was just starting to arrive. They had the jell-o wrestling pit ready to go with some good old orange jello when an NHL Covid Referee showed up, just as Tyler Ennis was stripping into his long johns to give the jello wrestling a go.

The Covid Referee asked if everyone was vaccinated. "Oh yeah for sure, not a problem" (wink wink wink).

The Covid Referee wanted confirmation from Toronto so he got on his phone and made a call to Hockey HQ for a ruling.

Just then, James Neal walked in! Honey Badger shouted out - THE REAL DEAL IS HERE!
scene-6-png.400263

James wandered around and soon found where the boys were shotgunning kegs of team sponsored beers shipped in from Ice District with a note from team owner Mr Katz.

It said "Victory, Once It Hits Your Lips, Its So Good! Enjoy!"

The players said, cmon James! Your the best at this!

James quietly said, "Guys the Real Deal is in the past. I dont do the Real Deal anymore"

The boys started cheering "REAL DEAL, REAL DEAL, REAL DEAL, REAL DEAL..."

James looked around at everyone and said, "OK just one. Just one keg!, lets GOOOOOO!

scene-7-gif.400262

"He downed that keg in 15 seconds flat and shouted
"VICTORY! ONCE IT HITS YOUR LIPS ITS SO GOOD!"

REAL DEAL! REAL DEAL! REAL DEAL!

JAMES THE REAL DEAL WAS BACK! VACCINATED AND READY TO GO!

Conner! he yelled. We have won 4 in a row right? And 10 out of 12?!?!

Conner replied, "Thats right Real Deal! We are on a hot streak!"

scene-8-png.400261

That was it for the REAL DEAL! He downed another 4 kegs, stripped to wood and exclaimed to the entire party....WERE GOING STREAKING!!!!!!!

The Mike A Palooza was officially Off The Hook!

scene-9-png.400260

The REAL DEAL ran out to where the team bus was parked. He saw Jesse getting on the bus as it was getting late and near time to go.

JESSE! WERE STREAKING! WERE STREAKING!

He saw Ken "The Admiral" Holland in his vehicle pulling out - "MR HOLLAND SIR, WERE STREAKING!"

Holland gave an approving Thumbs Up to The REAL DEAL. "Real Deal, I want to keep the streak going! We need to win tonight to continue our streak through Vancouver! Can you do it?"

"YES, YES, WERE ALL DOING IT! WERE ALL GOING STREAKING!"

scene-10-png.400259

Connor got the boys together and said "Lets do this! We need to continue the streak!
WHOSE WITH ME ????!!!!!???"

Jesse got off the bus and said "I am, Yup", and the team yelled back in unison! "LETS GO"

And with that, the boys proceeded to continue their streak through Vancouver, led by Connor McDavid and the rest of the team!

"VICTORY! ONCE IT HITS YOUR LIPS ITS SO GOOD!"
"WE'RE GOING STREAKING"

TONIGHTS LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
McDrai - Haas - Chiasson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Bear

Smith and Pray

:nucks

TONIGHTS LINES

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen
Miller - Sutter - Gaudette
Roussel - Beagle - Hawryluk

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Benn - Myers

Demko

GT MUSIC

SCHOOL'S OUT - Alice Cooper

FEARLESS PREDICTION

The Oilers continue the streak. We win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@MoreDifferentS May 22

(To skip to the game information, click the link below)
NDSF Game 3 | "WinniPepe Silvia" | Oilers @ Jets | May 23 2021, 5:30 PM | CBC, SN
MuzkBqK.png

ivElKRd.png

CFI9nd1.png

asqPkYY.png

WSq4SA4.png

JOLL2Tg.png

8KtVvi7.png

4B45J8K.jpg

WviweHb.png

KNdnyJo.png

lr9haVr.png

6aYMEuA.png

BcIP9ik.png

Q3YTlcP.png

fDS4wYO.png

orY8Wo2.png

59d9UVu.png

32s4bHo.png

OEceXYc.png

vm3PSBg.png

Grqm8gd.png

qqCyxSp.png

fToJvnZ.png

ssTEDRr.png

Zp7aoNy.png

xzaSgFn.png

88LmGEz.png

z6PzGmy.png

vhuOTW6.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc. assumes no responsibility for any discrepancies between the depicted outcomes and actual reality*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ConnorMcMullet Jan 20 Oilers vs Leafs

OPEN CATEGORY

Hey HFOil! Leafs fan here... I come in peace!

Just decided to randomly stop by the board and noticed that there was no GDT yet. So I decided to make one!

First of all, I wanted to let you guys know that I wish you guys luck for this game! Even though you're playing my Leafs, I possess such a level of courtesy and selflessness that I hope for the best for the Oilers and their fanbase.

Also: I'm not like the other Leafs fans. Despite my fandom, I recognize the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl. I would trade Matthews for either one. Your team has a great future with some of the brightest stars in the league and some exciting prospects. I can't wait to watch your team win a few cups over the next decade.

One final thought: It's really disappointing that fans aren't allowed in arenas this year. I had so much fun attending games last year. Here is me watching a Toronto vs Vegas game last season:

CharmingSpottedGallowaycow-max-1mb.gif

Anyway, just wanted to give a few words of encouragement to show you what a reasonable, level-headed, unbiased fan I am to get all the likes because that's just the kind of person I am.

Good luck to both of our teams tonight! It's a shame we can't both hoist the cup this year. :(

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Bruins :bruins Six (6) Nominations as of Sept. 9th

——————————————————————-

@Fenway / @Alicat Jan.14th Bruins vs Devils

GDT designed by @Alicat

We're Back!

tumblr_oxozip207Y1wbxqk4o1_540.gif

full

full

Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils
7pm ET
Boston TV/Radio:
NESN, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
New Jersey TV/Radio: MSG+, Devils Hockey Net

full

Prudential Center, Newark, NJ

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

New Jersey Devils Twitter

full

Need to Know: Bruins at Devils

Bjork Looking to Prove Himself on Fourth Line

Boston Bruins Honor Travis Roy With Helmet Emblem During 2020-21 Season

O'Ree Taking His Rightful Place in Garden Rafters

Pastrnak Takes Ice for First Camp Practice

Bruins Name Patrice Bergeron 20th Captain In Team History

full

full

Tuukka Rask

full

full

Mackenzie Blackwood

full

full

Is it 7pm yet?

5ff873c8e539f93e-cookie-monster-waiting-gif-tumblr.gif

upload_2021-1-14_10-33-19-png.384169

Tonight's Officials

jm02.jpg
BP16.jpg

Referees Jon McIsaac (2), Brian Pochmara (16)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Brad Kovachik (71)

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Devils tonight in the 1st of 8 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 4 to be played at Prudential Center this year … The Bruins are opening their 2020-21 season tonight &are opening the season on the road for the third straight season. - The Bruins are opening a three-game road trip that will see them play the Devils again on 1/15 and at the NY Islanders on 1/18 ... They will then return to Boston for a four-game home stretch on 1/21 &1/23 vs. Philadelphia &1/26 &1/28 vs. Pittsburgh.

SEASON OPENING GAMES - The Bruins are opening the season on the road for the 3rd straight season ... They are 41-38-16 overall in season-opening games &are 9-21-5 when those games are played on the road. - They are 6-2-0 in their last 8 season openers &are 8-10-2 in their last 20 opening nights following a 9-0-3 unbeaten stretch in opening games from 1987-98. - They have gone to OT in a season opener on 10 occasions with a 2-0-8-0 record in those games ... Their last season opener to go into OT came with a 3-3 tie vs. NJ on 10/8/2003 ... Their last season opener to be decided in OT was a 3-2 win vs. HFD on 10/8/1992.

2019-20 RECAP: - The Bruins won the President’s Trophy with the league’s top record in 2019-20 with a 44-14-12 record and 100 points. - They went 22-4-9 on home ice &22-10-3 on the road ... They ranked 2nd overall on the power play at 25.2% &ranked 3rd overall on the penalty kill at 84.3%. - David Pastrnak took his 1st team scoring title &shared the NHL lead in goals with 48-47=95 totals (3rd overall in NHL scoring race), while Brad Marchand led the club with 59 assists (& ranked 5th overall in league scoring with 87 points). - Tuukka Rask led the NHL with a 2.12 goals against average and was tied for 2nd in save percentage at .929 ... He &Jaroslav Halak shared the Jennings Trophy for the league’s fewest goals allowed at 167. - Bruce Cassidy won the Adams Trophy as the NHL’s top coach. - They won their Round One series vs. Carolina in 5 games before falling to the eventual champion Tampa Bay Lightning in Round Two in a 5-game series.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - David Pastrnak’s next assist will be the 200th of his NHL career. - Ondrej Kase is three points shy of his 100th NHL point. - Brandon Carlo is three games shy of his 300th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is three games short of his 200th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 0) - David Pastrnak & Karson Kuhlman begin this season as Injured, Non-roster players

BOSTON vs NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 162nd time in their histories (includes Devils as Kansas City &Colorado) with the Bruins having an 89-42-19- 11 record and 534-421 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 41-22-11-5 vs. the Devils lifetime on the road with a 246-194 scoring edge in those 79 contests. - The Bruins have taken points out of their last 5 games vs. the Devils at 4-0-1 with their last regulation loss of this series a 5-2 home setback on 12/27/2018 ... They have also taken points out of their last 5 games in New Jersey at 4-0-1 with their last road loss to the Devils a 3-0 setback on 1/2/2017 ... They are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games &are 14-3-1 in their last 18 contests vs. the Devils overall &they are 10-3-1 in their last 14 road contests vs. New Jersey. - All 8 games between these teams this season will come in 4 consecutive games played ... It is the 1st time the Bruins will play the Devils in consecutive games since 4/3 (5-2 home loss) &4/4 (3-1 road win) in 2004.

:bruins:devils

———————————————————————————

@Fenway / @Alicat Feb 21st Bruins vs Flyers (Lake Tahoe Outdoor Game)

GDT designed by @Alicat

most of us cheer the local geographical team and i guess we get stuck good or bad with however they perform. maybe we feel hard done by our luck of our address

maybe im different?

maybe living in alberta i choose to follow the bruins... it was a choice... not an accident of birth... and maybe thats why i can afford to stay positive?

bruins have always shown love for me. they might not be perfect but im not perfect either. i dont require perfection to show love.”

61356_101075183288252_4040381_n.jpg

Michael Karlstrom
February 6, 2021

upload_2021-2-21_15-49-5-png.398813

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Michael Dwayne Karlstrom
June 23, 1968 - February 9, 2021 (52 years old)
Leduc, Alberta
Bruin fan since 1975

Male, 52, from Edmonton Canada
if you start with one pail of pig poop and one pail of ice cream... and then you mix them together... you now have two pails of pig poop

full

full

full

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose, under heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

full

full

Boston Bruins (10-3-2 22 points) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (8-3-3 19 points)
7:30pm ET

National TV:
NBCSN
Boston Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Philadelphia Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic

full

Lake Tahoe, Nevada

full

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Philadelphia Flyers Twitter

full

Need to Know: Bruins vs. Flyers

Start Time for Bruins-Flyers at Lake Tahoe Moved to 7:30 ET

In Outdoor Games, Bruins Know to Keep It Simple

Take it Outside: Tahoe Game Brings B's Back

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
9 GP | 6-2-0-1 | .906 Sv% | 2.51 GAA

full

full

Carter Hart

10 GP | 5-2-0-3 | .902 Sv% |3.31 GAA | 2 PIM

full

full

Mike (Alberta O'Reilly Fan),
You will be missed more than words can accurately convey.
- Love, your HF Bruins Family

I will let Mike have the final word.

full

upload_2021-2-21_15-51-5-png.398815

EuuGC4fXIAE_Wmo

Tonight's Officials

KS11.jpg
WM04.jpg

Referees Kelly Sutherland (11), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Jonny Murray (95)

upload_2021-2-21_15-56-45-png.398819

upload_2021-2-21_15-57-23-png.398821

upload_2021-2-21_15-58-12-png.398822

upload_2021-2-21_16-2-36-png.398823

upload_2021-2-21_16-3-6-png.398824

upload_2021-2-21_16-3-36-png.398825

upload_2021-2-21_16-4-8-png.398826

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins play the Flyers tonight in the 5th of 8 games between these teams this season and the 3rd of 4 as a Boston home game this year. - The Bruins will conclude their February schedule with a 3-game trip to NYI on 2/25 and NYR on 2/26 and 2/28.

OUTDOOR GAMES - The Bruins will play their 4th outdoor game tonight and their 2nd vs. the Flyers ... They enter tonight’s game with a 2-1-0 record in outdoor games. - They defeated the Flyers by a 2-1 score in OT at Fenway Park on 1/1/2010, lost to Montreal in a 5-1 decision at Gillette Stadium on 1/1/2016 and defeated Chicago by a 4-2 score at Notre Dame Stadium on 1/1/2019. - Patrice Bergeron played in all 3 previous outdoor contests and leads all Bruins scorers in outdoor games with 1-2=3 totals ... Tuukka Rask has dressed in the previous 3, as backup in 2010 and playing in both 2016 and 2019. - David Krejci (currently injured) and Kevan Miller (not on this trip) have played in 2 previous games, while Chris Wagner, Brandon Carlo, John Moore, Matt Grzelcyk (currently injured), Sean Kuraly, Brad Marchand, Jake DeBrusk, David Pastrnak and Jaroslav Halak (backup) all dressed for the 2019 game. - Marco Sturm (2010 in OT) and Sean Kuraly (2019) scored Boston’s GWGs in their previous 2 wins.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

- Charlie McAvoy is playing his 200th NHL game tonight.

- Brad Marchand’s next goal will be his 300th NHL goal.

- Patrice Bergeron is one point short of tying Bobby Orr (888 pts) for 5th place on the club’s all-time scoring list.

- David Pastrnak is two games short of his 400th NHL game.

- Tuukka Rask is three wins shy of his 300th NHL victory.

- David Krejci is four points shy of his 700th NHL point.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 35)

- David Krejci – upper body
- Matt Grzelcyk – lower body
- Jakub Zboril – upper body
- Ondrej Kase – upper body

BOSTON vs PHILADELPHIA, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Flyers are meeting for the 206th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 111-61-21-12 record and 676-592 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 61-24-11-7 vs. the Flyers lifetime on home ice with a 359-278 scoring edge in those 103 contests. - The Bruins are 11-1-5 in their last 17 games vs. the Flyers with their lone regulation loss in that span a 4-3 road setback on 1/16/2019 &they are 17-2-6 in their last 25 overall games of this lifetime series ... They have taken points out of their last 14 home games vs. the Flyers at 11-0-3 with their last regulation home loss vs. the Flyers a 2-1 setback on 10/6/2011. - The Bruins have won the 1st 4 games of this season’s series with a 5-4 shootout home win on 1/21, 6-1 home victory on 1/23, 4-3 OT road win on 2/3 and 2-1 road win on 2/5 ... Patrice Bergeron has 8 points in the 4 games, while Brad Marchand has 6 pts in the 4 games, and David Pastrnak has 3-2=5 totals in his 2 games of the season series, including a hat trick on 2/3 ... Tuukka Rask is 3-0-0 and Jaroslav Halak is 1-0-0 in goal in the season series ... Boston has had a 53.8% proficiency on the power play in the series.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
GDT designed by @Alicat
full

full

full

full

Boston Bruins (12-5-2 26 points) vs Washington Capitals (12-5-4 28 points)
7:00pm ET

National TV:
NBCSN
John Forslund, Eddie Olczyk, Pierre McGuire

DcYQqfzWsAAPNie.jpg

Washington Radio: WJFK

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Washington Capitals Twitter

full

Krejci Returns to Practice as B's Gear Up for Caps

Bruins Sign Curtis Hall To Entry Level Contract

Boston Bruins To Host 14th Annual PJ Drive

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
12 GP | 8-3-0-1 | .896 Sv% | 2.71 GAA

full

full

Vitek Vanecek

17 GP | 9-4-0-3 | .909 Sv% | 2.81 GAA

full

full

Thank You Zdeno!

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-3-3_14-38-58-png.402831

Tonight's Officials

DM36.jpg
PL37.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36), Pierre Lambert (37)
Linesmen Ryan Daisy (81), Julien Fournier (56)

Supervisor Paul Devorski

upload_2021-3-3_14-41-57-png.402832

upload_2021-3-3_14-42-33-png.402833

upload_2021-3-3_14-43-4-png.402834

upload_2021-3-3_14-43-37-png.402835

upload_2021-3-3_14-44-16-png.402837

upload_2021-3-3_14-44-44-png.402838

upload_2021-3-3_14-45-33-png.402839

TODAY’S GAME - The Bruins host the Capitals tonight in the 3rd of 8 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 4 to be played at TD Garden this year. - Zdeno Chara makes his return to the TD Garden as a member of another team for the first time since 2006.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Tuukka Rask is one win shy of his 300th NHL victory.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 44) - David Krejci – upper body - Matt Grzelcyk – lower body - Jeremy Lauzon – fractured hand - Ondrej Kase – upper body

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Capitals are meeting for the 166th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 79- 52-21-13 record and 531-467 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 36-27-12-8 vs. the Capitals lifetime on the road with a 258-247 scoring edge in those 83 contests. - The Bruins are 3-1-2 in their last 6 games vs. Washington following an 0-11-3 stretch in their previous 14 games from 10/11/2014-1/10/2019 ... They are 6-13-6 overall in their last 25 games of this lifetime series ... A 1-0 win in Washington on 2/3/2019 snapped an 0- 5-2 road winless streak and they are 3-6-5 in their last 14 road games vs. the Capitals. - The Capitals won the 1st game of this season’s series with a 4- 3 OT win in WSH on 1/30 ... Nick Ritchie, Brad Marchand and Charlie McAvoy scored the Boston goals with Tuukka Rask taking the point in net … The Bruins won the 2nd game of the season series, overcoming a 3 goal defecit to win 5-3 … David Pastrnak (2), Craig Smith, Brandon Carlo and Brad Marchand scored for the Bruins and Jaroslav Halak recorded the win in net.

source.gif

:bruins:caps

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

@Fenway / @Alicat April 1st Bruins vs Pens

GDT designed by @Alicat

AnguishedMadKakapo-small.gif

full

full

full

Boston Bruins (18-9-5 41 points) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (23-11-2 48 points)
7:00pm ET

Boston TV/Radio: NESN, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
PittsburghTV/Radio: ATTSN-PT

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Pittsburgh Penguins Twitter

full

Need to Know: Bruins vs. Penguins

Kuraly Rejoins Bruins Teammates for Practice

full

full

full

full

full

full

Dan Vladar
2 GP | 2-0-0-0 | .952 Sv% | 1.50 GAA

full

full

Casey DeSmith

13 GP | 8-3-0-0 | .929 Sv% | 1.91 GAA | 2 SO | 1A, 1 Pt.

full

full

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-4-1_17-36-6-png.416090

Tonight's Officials

GR07.jpg
DO09.jpg

Referees Garrett Rank (7), Dan O'Rourke (9)
Linesmen Libor Suchanek (60), Shandor Alphonso (52)

upload_2021-4-1_17-37-22-png.416091

upload_2021-4-1_17-38-8-png.416092

upload_2021-4-1_17-39-1-png.416093

upload_2021-4-1_17-39-42-png.416094

upload_2021-4-1_17-40-9-png.416095

upload_2021-4-1_17-40-37-png.416096

upload_2021-4-1_17-41-5-png.416097

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Penguins tonight in the 5th of 8 games between these teams this season and the 3rd of 4 at TD Garden. - The Bruins are playing game 5 tonight of a 7-game home stand (2-1-1), which is tied for the longest home stand in club history ... It is their 7th such home stand, which they had most recently from 1/2-16/2006.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - David Krejci is one assist shy of his 500th NHL assist. - Tuukka Rask is one win short of his 300th NHL victory. - Jarred Tinordi is three games shy of his 100th NHL game. - Patrice Bergeron is four points short of his 900th NHL point ... He is two points from tying Rick Middleton for 4th place overall on the team’s scoring list (898). - David Pastrnak is six goals short of his 200th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is six points shy of his 300th NHL point. - Craig Smith is eight games short of his 700th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2020-21: 139) - Jake DeBrusk - Covid protocol - Kevan Miller – lower body - Ondrej Kase – upper body - Tuukka Rask - upper body - John Moore - hip surgery

BOSTON vs PITTSBURGH, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Penguins are meeting for the 215th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 119-66-21-8 record and 812-655 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 74-22-6-4 vs. the Penguins lifetime on home ice with a 441-289 scoring edge in those 106 contests. - The Bruins are 3-1-0 in the 1st 4 games of this season’s series vs. the Penguins with a 3-2 OT win in Boston on 1/26,a 4-1 home victory on 1/28, a 4-1 road loss on 3/15 and a 2-1 road victory on 3/16 … They have taken points out of their last 13 games in Boston at 12-0-1, including wins in their last 10 straight, with their last regulation home loss vs. the Penguins a 3-2 setback on 10/13/2013 ... They are 14-5-3 in their last 22 games overall vs. the Penguins.

———————————————————————

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

@Fenway /@Alicat May 15th Bruins vs Capitals
GDT by @Alicat

full

full

full

full

Game 1 ESDF

Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals
7:15 pm ET

National TV:
NBC
Canadian TV: CBC, TVAS, SN
Washington Radio: WJFK, Caps Radio 24/7

full

Capital One Arena, Washington, DC

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Washington Capitals Twitter

full

full

Need to Know: Bruins-Capitals | First Round

Boston Bruins Announce Key Initiatives Ahead of 2021 Playoffs

For Bruins, Hall's Impact Has Been Immediate

98.5 The Sports Hub & Bruins Reach New Multi-Year Broadcast Agreement

NHL Announces Schedule for Boston Bruins First Round Playoff Series

full

2021 Regular Season

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
24 GP | 15-5-0-2 | .913 Sv% | 2.28 GAA | 2 SO | 2 A | 2 Pts.

full

full

Vitek Vanecek
37 GP | 21-10-0-4 | .908 Sv% | 2.69 GAA | 2 SO

full

full

full

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-5-15_14-44-2-png.434248

Tonight's Officials

TL21.jpg
GD19.jpg

Referees TJ Luxmore (21), Gord Dwyer (19), Jon McIsaac (2)*
Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Ryan Daisy (81)

upload_2021-5-15_14-47-21-png.434249

upload_2021-5-15_14-47-59-png.434250

upload_2021-5-15_14-48-34-png.434251

upload_2021-5-15_14-49-10-png.434252

upload_2021-5-15_14-49-49-png.434253

upload_2021-5-15_14-51-33-png.434254

upload_2021-5-15_14-52-4-png.434255

upload_2021-5-15_14-52-52-png.434256

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Capitals tonight in game 1 of their best-of-7 Round One series. - Boston is in the post-season for the 5th straight season and 74th all-time in their history ... Their 74 post-season berths are 2nd all-time in NHL history to MTL’s 85. - This is the 6th Round One series for Boston since the NHL adopted the format in 2013-14 and they are 4-1 in those series ... Overall, they are playing their 35th first round series (preliminary series, division semifinals, conference quarterfinals and round one series) with an 18-16 record entering this post-season ... They are 15-11 in those series which have been best-of-7 formats. - The Bruins enter this series with a 38-18 record in best-of-7 series in which they have won game 1 and they are 15-34 in best-of-7 series in which they have lost game 1. - Patrice Bergeron will tie Zdeno Chara for 2nd overall on the team’s post-season games played list with his 150th playoff game. - David Krejci will move into sole possession of 4th place on that list with his 146th post-season game (currently tied with Wayne Cashman at 145).

2020 ROUND ONE SERIES - The Bruins are opening their Round One series vs. Washington tonight. - Gm 1, May 15: Bos 0 at Wsh 0 - - Gm 2, May 17: Bos 0 at Wsh 0 - - Gm 3, May 19: Wsh 0 at Bos 0 - - Gm 4, May 21: Wsh 0 at Bos 0 - - Gm 5, May 23: Bos 0 at Wsh 0 - if necessary - Gm 6, May 25: Wsh 0 at Bos 0 - if necessary - Gm 7, May 26: Bos 0 at Wsh 0 - if necessary

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Six Bruins - Anton Blidh, Trent Frederic, Mike Reilly, Oskar Steen, Jeremy Swayman and Urho Vaakanainen - are looking to play their first NHL playoff games. - Brad Marchand is five points shy of his 100th NHL playoff point. - Tuukka Rask is seven games short of his 100th NHL playoff game

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2020-21: 256) - Ondrej Kase - upper body - Jakub Zboril - upper body - John Moore - hip surgery

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Capitals have played 3 lifetime playoff series with WSH holding a 2-1 series advantage ... They have played 18 games (including the 2020 round robin game) with each team winning 9 games and BOS holding a 44-39 goals for/against advantage. - Their last series was the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series which WSH won 4-3 ... That series was the 1st time in NHL history that every game in a 6- or 7-game series was decided by one goal. - Their 1st 2 series were the 1990 Prince of Wales Conference Championship with BOS taking a 4-game sweep ... The 2nd series was a 6-game WSH win in the 1998 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal. - 4 Bruins - Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci, Brad Marchand and John Moore - have played in a full series vs. WSH, with Krejci the leading playoff scorer vs. WSH with 1-3=4 totals. - Jaroslav Halak is the only Bruins goaltender to have played a full series vs. WSH (w/MTL) with a 7-6 record and 2.37 GAA in 13 games. - FYI: WSH’s Kelly Miller took an unsuccessful penalty shot on BOS’ Andy Moog on 5/3/1990 in the 1990 Prince of Wales Conference Championship series, which is the only penalty shot between these teams and 1 of just 7 taken against BOS in their playoff history ... The 4 OT games between these teams in their 2012 Conference Quarterfinal series was the most in a BOS sereis since their 1939 Semifinal series vs. the NYR.

2020-21 SEASON SERIES vs. WASHINGTON - The Bruins went 4-2-2 vs. the Capitals this season with a 2-1-1 mark each at home and on the road. - The Bruins were led in scoring by Brad Marchand (7-7=13 totals), Patrice Bergeron (3-6=9) and David Pastrnak (3-5=8) ... Goaltending was split 4 ways by Tuukka Rask (1-0-2 in 3 gp), Jaroslav Halak (2-0-0 in 2 gp), Jeremy Swayman (1-1-0 in 2 gp) and Daniel Vladar (0-1-0 in 1 gp). - BOS outscored WSH by a 26-25 margin while shots were even at 240 apiece.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Fenway @Alicat June 9th Bruins vs Islanders
GDT by @Alicat

full

full

giphy.gif

full

full

full

Game 5 EDF
Series tied 2-2

Boston Bruins (6-3) vs. New York Islanders (6-4)
6:30 pm ET

National TV:
NBCSN
Canadian TV: TVAS, SN1
New York Radio: 88.7 FM WRHU

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

New York Islanders Twitter

full

Need to Know: Bruins-Islanders | Second Round

Patrice Bergeron Named 2021 Selke Trophy Finalist

Bruins Will Be Looking for a Bounce Back in Game 5

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask

9 GP | 6-3 | .935 Sv% | 1.94 GAA

full

full

Semyon Varlamov
5 GP | 2-3 | .929 Sv% | 2.48 GAA
full

full

full

full

A little Matthew Slater for luck

full

full

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-6-7_11-50-55-png.444518

Tonight's Officials

FC06.jpg
FS08.jpg

Referees Francis Charron (6), Francois St. Laurent (8), Jean Hebert (15)*
Linesmen Devin Berg (87), David Brisebois (96)

Supervisor Paul Devorski

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly
bartender.jpg

upload_2021-6-7_11-53-25-png.444520

upload_2021-6-7_11-53-55-png.444521

upload_2021-6-7_11-54-39-png.444524

upload_2021-6-7_11-55-8-png.444525

upload_2021-6-7_11-55-33-png.444526

upload_2021-6-7_11-56-55-png.444528

upload_2021-6-7_11-57-37-png.444529

upload_2021-6-7_11-58-10-png.444530

Boston Bruins: Media Notes

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Islanders tonight in game 5 of their best-of-7 Round Two series with each team having won two games. - The Bruins have an 18-17 record all-time in best-of-7 series when they are tied 2-2 in a series and they are 17-18 in game 5s of series in which they are tied at 2 after game 4.

INJURIES - Brandon Carlo - undisclosed - Ondrej Kase - upper body - John Moore - hip surgery

BOSTON vs NY ISLANDERS, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Islanders have played 2 lifetime playoff series with NYI winning both ... They have played 15 games with NYI holding both a 10-5 advantage and 60-46 goals for/against edge. - Their previous series was the 1983 Prince of Wales Conference Championship series which NYI won 4-2. - Their 1st series was the 1980 Quarterfinal series, won by NYI, 4-1. - FYI: NYI’s Mike Bossy was the 1st player in NHL history to have scored all 4 of his team’s game-winning goals in one playoff series, doing so in the 1983 Conference Championship series ... The Islanders won the Stanley Cup in each of the years they faced the Bruins in the plaoyffs ... These teams Boston Bruins: Media Notes combined for 248 PIM (124 each) in the 1st period of gm 2 of their 1980 SF series on 4/17/1980, which remains an NHL record for PIMs by both teams in 1 playoff period.

New York Islanders: Media Notes

LAST TIME OUT: Second Round, Game #4 - NYI 4 vs. BOS 1 RECAP: Mathew Barzal scored the game-winning goal with 6:57 remaining in regulation, as the New York Islanders defeated the Boston Bruins 4-1 Saturday night at Nassau Coliseum. Kyle Palmieri scored his team-leading fifth goal of the postseason and Semyon Varlamov made 28 saves, as the Islanders tied the Second Round series 2-2. NYI PP: 0/2 NYI PK: 2/3

- The Islanders have played 40 playoff games under Trotz – only BOS (46) has played more in that span.

VS. BOS: The Islanders are 10-5 all-time against Boston in the postseason, including 5-3 on the road, with two series wins.

HC BARRY TROTZ: Head Coach Barry Trotz has advanced to the second round in seven straight seasons (four with WSH and three with NYI). He is the first head coach in NHL history to do so since 1978-85 (Al Arbour with NYI).

OVERTIME: The Islanders won three straight overtime games on the road for the first time since 1987-88 (4). The Islanders are 39-22 for a .639 winning percentage all-time in overtime games. They are 3-1 in overtime this season. Casey Cizikas scored the overtime winner in Game 2 vs. BOS to become the 4th Islander to score an overtime goal in a playoff game against Boston.

HITS: The Islanders have a league-high 438 hits. Six Islanders rank in the top 14 among all NHL skaters in hits this postseason (Clutterbuck 54, Martin 50, Komarov 47, Pulock 42, Pageau 39, Cizikas 36).

:bruins:isles

——————————————————————————-

HF Florida :panthers One (1) Nomination Submitted

OPEN CATEGORY

@drktmplr12 May 12th Panthers vs Lightning
upload_2021-5-18_11-29-59-png.435435

upload_2021-5-18_11-30-13-png.435436

upload_2021-5-18_11-31-0-png.435437

upload_2021-5-18_11-34-18-png.435438

upload_2021-5-18_11-27-53-png.435433

KVXtyJp.png

upload_2021-5-18_11-28-14-png.435434

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Kings :kings One (1) Nomination

@kingsboy11 May 12th Kings vs Avs

E1M7zEbXMAQ2B8p

Los Angeles Kings (21-26-7), 48pts, 6th in West)@ Colorado Avalanche(37-13-4, 78pts, 2nd in West)
Ball Arena| Denver, CO
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West| RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS

996EZu5.png

Q6q1lzb.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I used to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**
:kings
8fGraJB.png

L5wzgeu.png

NQTXebN.png

9CXfGHM.png

94YlT3vl.png
6qdDiLv.png

Scratched: Matt Luff, Kurtis MacDermid, Christian Wolanin,
"Unfit to play":
Injured: Jonathan Quick, Blake Lizotte, Dustin Brown

:avs
42ae514.png

rUjABBf.png

27qWfZ8.png

Injuries: Pavel Francouz, Erik Johnson, Matt Calvert, Brandon Saad, Bowen Byram, Devan Dubnyk, Nate MacKinnon
:cheers:
Stay Positive, Test Negative

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

———————————————————-

HF Wild :wild Zero (0) Nominations

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Habs :habs Fifteen (15) Nominations

@sandviper Jan. 15th Habs vs Oilers

TV /MOVIE BASED THEME CATEGORY

Here we are rolling into game two and we're getting a good idea how are team is looking as we progress into this season. Coming off strong performances from our youngsters in the 2020 playoffs, we were further augmented by key off season moves. However, things didn't quite work out as we may had hoped after the season opener.

Last night OT loss to leafs

Overtime shifts

Danault 2
Byron 2
Suzuki 0.

Someone should write that down and hand it to Julien.
Oh, my friend... he did actually.

edm-mtl-1-jpg.384765

edm-mtl-2-jpg.384766

edm-mtl-3-jpg.384767

edm-mtl-4-jpg.384768

edm-mtl-5-jpg.384769

edm-mtl-6-jpg.384770

wegood-gif.384771

All jokes aside, it'll be an interesting test against the usual suspects like McDavid and Draisaitl. I thought our defence looked a little slow at times against Toronto. Lineups for tonight:

Tatar - Danault - Gally
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Armia
Lehks - Evans - Byron

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price

Go:habsGo

——————————————————————

@Conflicted Habs fan Feb. 13th Habs vs Leafs

ANIMATION / COMIC STRIP CATEGORY

piNdH3n.jpg

Last game: Toronto at Montreal Feb 10, 2021

TOR 4 MTL 2

Go :habs Go!
3ytf8Sg.gif

—————————————————————————
@A Loyal Dog Feb 23rd Habs vs Sens

gdt-01-jpg.399517
gdt-02-jpg.399518
gdt-03-jpg.399519
gdt-06-jpg.399520
gdt-ottawa-lineups-jpg.399522

Montreal Canadiens (17-9-5-3)
v
Ottawa Senators (20-5-14-1)

So far this season... The historically bad Ottawa Senators have defeated the "best" Montreal Canadiens team in 30 years, two games to one.

Will Danault finally score his 1st goal of the season? Will Stutzle retaliate for what Danault did to him?
Will Stive Morgan bet all his vCash on Ottawa again tonight, and HabsWhiteKnightLOL bet actual money on the game again tonight?
Is this Claude Julien's last game?

Find out tonight!

GO :habs GO!

———————————————————————-
@A Loyal Dog Feb 25th Habs vs Jets

gdt-01-jpg.400345
gdt-02-jpg.400364

Welcome Dom!

Your first game as the Head Coach of the Montreal Canadiens, and of the NHL in general! You have come a long way, a p'tit gars de Joliette, who won the 2013 Memorial Cup with the Halifax Mooseheads, where the Habs very own Jonathan Drouin led the playoffs in assists and points (beating the likes of teammate Nathan MacKinnon and opponent Nikita Kucherov, etc).

We are so very excited to see where you can bring this team, and hopefully there will be lots and lots of free wings for the rest of this season. My fat ass very much looks forward to that.

Also, I would like to thank Claude Julien for everything he has done for the Montreal Canadiens. We were very lucky to have him as our head coach (for the 2nd time), and unfortunately change is always necessary, especially in hockey that keeps evolving.

Here's to you, Claude! Best of luck in your future ventures! Any team would be lucky to have you (just as long as Danault's not part of that team - just kidding :D). And, again, thank you.

Also, a special thank you to our former Captain Kirk Muller, who commandeered the ship perfectly during last year's playoffs, giving our youth a chance to shine, and the team a fighting chance to win the impossible.

With that said, let's KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS TONIGHT!

GO :habs GO!

——————————————————————

@Conflicted Habs fan
March 6th Habs vs Jets

0sFABcv.gif

ZJoHWt9.jpg

Last game: Winnipeg at Montreal March 4, 2021

Jets 4 Habs 3 (OT)

”The Good The Bad The Ugly” final duel scene
uXMGhuW.gif

————————————————————————————————-

@Runner77 March 7th Habs vs Canucks

OPEN CATEGORY

This season, facing the Nucks, has been like a balm. The Habs' best games were against them.

Luckily, the Habs are coming off a laugher against the Jets and it was a huge coming out party -- it's as if they had been looking for an outlet and found one.

Meantime, the Nucks may no longer be the Nucks from the start of the season -- they've been showing teeth, disposing of the Laffs twice in consecutive games.

Given the struggles the Habs have had since those early season Nuck games, it brought to the fore some age-old issues that seemed to have been overcome when the team was winning but now, they have become glaring weaknesses that were never fully attended to.

How did we get here? And what could have been had different decisions been taken from the start of Bergevin's tenure in May, 2012?

We did some digging and managed to get our hands on the GM starter kit that was handed to Bergevin by ownership, detailing a roadmap to success ...

QUUz2Sx.png

Kind of an odd looking box. But then, when you open it ...

MknDuj0.jpg

You can see a folded oversized paper at the bottom, looks like a chart with photos.

Unfolding that chart ...

iAijqFo.gif

Wait a minute, can this be right? This is exactly how Bergevin's tenure has played out!

Was Bergevin sabotaged? And if so, by whom?

We're working to find out, but in the meantime, we did get our hands on the starter kit Bergevin should have received, that first day on the job .

Turns out, the real box would have contained this ...

XRKsuQ9.jpg

Habs Lineup:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

Price
Allen

Nucks Lineup:

We still don't know who the culprit is behind Bergevin's sabotage, but we suspect it may have been another candidate who lost out on the Habs' GM job.

So, we've enlisted the help of warrior Ryu to get us to the bottom of it and so far, all he could come up with, is a blurred image.

4EeDgQT.gif

A bogus poll has been added for shits and giggles cause people just like voting on polls.

GHG!

@Conflicted Habs fan March 13th Habs vs Flames

iIhF3Ol.jpg

Last game: Montreal at Calgary March 11, 2021

Flames 2 Habs 1

’Ride of the Valkyries’ – Wagner

UA5UsNv.gif

—————————————————————————————————

@Runner77
March 19th Habs vs Canucks

OPEN CATEGORY

If only there were some kind of superpower that Dominique Ducharme could summon, to help him break free of his failing strategies and inability to string consecutive wins together.

Too bad he couldn't just ingest an NZT pill from the movie Limitless, to give him more clarity. With his luck, he'd only end up with its side effects ...

NXtneiQ.gif

As a member of an organization within the Bell family, he figured he'd use their resources for a teletherapy session, especially given their yearly mental well-being campaigns.

svFlvGo.jpg

Unfortunately, Bell changed its vocation to a full-time downsizing outfit, so it was to no avail.

He then decided that he needed something more drastic. He had heard from his assistant coach, Alex Burrows, of a Shamanic ritual involving the death and rebirth of dead animals and how their spirit can be solicited to guide you through difficult decisions.

A ritual was performed using roadkill that happened to sit atop Burrows' head ...

MhyxVTq.png

Sadly, even that didn't work.

He then thought of something else. Maybe ... that disheveled mane that Bergevin sports at pressers, might have special powers, like some kind of Medusa. He figured it wouldn't hurt to seek it out.

3NfAtzy.gif

As he got a closer look of Bergevin's mane, he realized that there were no serpents twirling around like on the Medusa's head. Instead, it was a bunch of outwardly flowing open palms that enabled the power to hand out contracts to fringe players, back ups, redundant assets and waiver wire fodder. Nothing Ducharme could use for himself.

Ducharme finally decided to come to terms with what was really holding him back.

He was supposed to be this forward-looking, new age coach with revolutionary techniques that would save the club. But instead of that, he was stifled, feeling guilty about having gotten the job via the firing of his friend, Claude Julien.

Ducharme was so badly sabotaging himself, that he was emulating the same Julien methods that got the latter fired.

There was only one way to cleanse himself of the burden he was carrying -- and that was to seek out Claude Julien, who he ended up connecting with on a Zoom call ...

0YQh4GK.jpg

Finally! In a matter of seconds, it would all be cleared up.

No sooner had Ducharme asked for help, Julien's screen became blurred and distorted.

qU7JWV2.gif

He then began to hear odd noises coming from Julien's feed -- a distinct sound of urination.

This was followed by a cacophony of barking dogs, a baby crying, construction tools -- it became unbearable and the session had to be immediately cut off.

Unbeknownst to Ducharme, Julien had managed to escape, using a special plug-in ...

S8U2sTb.jpg

*Tool to help you escape Zoom meetings and other videoconferencing scenarios. It allows you to self-sabotage your audio stream, making your presence unbearable to others.

And so, Ducharme was left to himself to figure out how to get out of his 3 on 3 OT rut.

Habs projected lineup

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Byron-Evans-Perry

Edmundson-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Romanov-Ouellet

Allen

GHG.

———————————————————————————————
@A Loyal Dog March 20th Habs vs Canucks

gdt-01-jpg.410166
gdt-02-jpg.410161
gdt-03-jpg.410162
gdt-04-jpg.410165

————————————————————————-
@roy munson May 24th Habs vs Leafs

OPEN CATEGORY

As everyone knows, tonight's lineup is still a mystery. I will update once it's confirmed. GO HABS GO!!

XER4cqq.png

uV1VMi1.png

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@A Loyal Dog May 26th Habs vs Leafs

OPEN CATEGORY

Pre-note:
Anyway, as this may be the last game of the season for us, MANY of us are hoping it's the last we see of the Bergevin era, and onto new horizons.

It's pitiful that what should have been the most exciting hockey in a lot of our lifetimes (first time we play the Leafs in the playoffs in almost 50 years!!!), and this is the result...

Every year is a rinse-repeat from the year before. Find a "quick fix" and well, y'know, win the all-so-extraordinary October Cup, then vanish like a fart in the wind.

Our youth needs a different management. One that will nurture them, respect them, and give them every chance they need to actually succeed.

Regardless, that will never be the case with draft-buster, Bozovin, and his new lackey, Dum-Dum.

/rant

That being said, let's keep the negativity away and hope to enjoy what may be the last hockey game of the season for us...

gdt-01-jpg.439532
gdt-02-jpg.439533
gdt-03-jpg.439534
gdt-04-jpg.439537
gdt-05-jpg.439536

gdt-06-jpg.439554
gdt-07-jpg.439540
gdt-08-jpg.439541
gdt-09-jpg.439542
gdt-10-jpg.439543

gdt-11-jpg.439545
gdt-12-jpg.439546
gdt-13-jpg.439547
gdt-14-jpg.439548
gdt-15-jpg.439552

https://youtu.be/m4MjP9rty7w?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/vZez6kBHz8s?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/NdWRkgvORk8?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/vZez6kBHz8s?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/8S_x1V3Y75w?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/nOyUog6QDqo?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/3rfG3-X5b10?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/wOZf-G88TIk?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/JV134SL-24M?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/0KqFVvYG2nw?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv
https://youtu.be/K_z2vTZU3uc?list=PLe31hEL0I9wSgx844chH7DBfGUeCE1mJv

———————————————————————————-

@A Loyal Dog June 6th Habs vs Jets

gdt-01-jpg.444005
gdt-02-jpg.444006
gdt-03-jpg.444007

@Moroccan June 13th Habs vs Vegas

kVXGsza.jpg

QJ9Stui.jpg

W9Wvn7s.jpg

4TGV5hr.jpg

Dfodi74.jpg

hEFcmt7.jpg

SOJD12b.jpg

N3OZaTt.jpg

O8Tj9qr.jpg

Q15Epw6.jpg

S4zZZ9v.jpg

@Conflicted Habs fan June 20th Habs vs Golden Knights

4zrn8k7.gif

tWCm9k2.jpg

4iki33W.gif

tZjNGxP.jpg

YRugfXy.gif

QMYR9Vy.jpg

l1pxAGR.gif

oOrap6F.jpg

Anderson scores OT winner!

What you need to know (Link)
Last game: Vegas at Montreal June 18, 2021

Habs 3(OT) Knights 2

French Taunting Knights
UQN338D.jpg

@donghabs98 June 24th Habs vs Golden Knights

OPEN CATEGORY

w4PKzX5.jpg

fhTu09t.jpg

eWBHAEi.jpg

————————————————————————————————

@Conflicted Habs fan July 4th Habs vs Lightning

OPEN CATEGORY

eolqQDQ.jpg

bKWd6ND.gif

eeyqKyE.jpg

2c0zmLZ.jpg

nKmqAoN.jpg

What you need to know (Link)
Last game: Montreal at Tampa Bay July 2, 2021

Habs 3 Bolts 6
Habs advance to the Stanley Cup Finals!

qaUYdKr.gif

—————————————————————————————-
HF Preds :nashville Zero (0) Nominations submitted

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Devils :devils Eleven (11) Nominations Submitted

OPEN CATEGORY
@JK3 Feb 16th Devils vs Rangers

DMdRQxp.gif

nn6cYcP.png

hUjQgI4.gif

NPOBqsg.png

M2dXIk6.png

9TENUgT.gif

Trv0x2L.png

7IXxSDq.png

lCM5ey3.gif

——————————————————————————​

@JK3 Feb 24th Devils vs Sabres

xe44Kiq.jpg

1M6eHzF.jpg

——————————————————————

@JK3 March 7th Devils vs Bruins

uEFkp7R.jpg

2yO48W0.jpg

1XP428W.jpg

The Devils swing back into action
tonight against the Bruins.

pjpTrTH.gif

They look to stop the slide in the standings.
GaKxzit.gif

It's going to be an uphill climb.
DGOj6Bk.gif

Can they keep their heads above water?
lKk6fn2.gif

Hopefully they don't fall flat on their faces again.
dKzYjfx.gif

Go get em boys!
XzXXBqP.gif

Look out, it's the Zajac line!
5ueaCtL.gif

Hopefully some of these kids can stick in the NHL.
49xz91G.gif

Can the power play can gain the zone?
l8FLi7Y.gif

Do they have the horses to pull out a win?
V4aYfzK.gif

Find out on the next Most Extreme Hockey Challenge!

Get it on!

JUSkjY9.gif

aQcPCMx.png

B2uvb2u.png

aTAJlPX.gif

y7ahmcr.png

pYiDWE0.png

@JK3 March 9th Devils vs Capitals

PjYf77i.jpg

2yO48W0.jpg

gzreW8t.png

Hey they finally did it!
eMvOMH3.gif

They stopped the skid.
dePNCUo.gif

Now can they vault up the standings?
jQMRmKU.gif

One step at a time.
Bk4VECW.gif

Hopefully Ruff can get the lines figured out.
p0LZ9KI.gif

Go get em Miles!
yHsvnC8.gif

Time to get on a roll.
hJx0cWn.gif

Let's get another win!
HNxtp7g.gif

Can they make it 2 in a row? Find out on the next
Most Extreme Hockey Challenge!

ouK586Z.gif

tPHh94L.png

B2uvb2u.png

QoBbpK6.gif

YUY9srt.png

agRAvqE.png

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@SJinNewJersey March 26th Devils vs Capitals

upload_2021-3-22_10-26-17-png.411028

Greetings, I am Mark Recchi, your new power play leader.
tumblr_p718vg6tjO1wzypxlo1_500.gif

Kuokkanen - Zajac - Sharangovich
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri
Maltsev - Zacha - Merkley
Johnsson - McLeod - Wood

Smith - Severson
Kulikov - Subban
Murray - Vatanen

Wedgewood
Blackwood

*lineups subject to change

Hello, Mark Recchi, the powerplay isn't working.
tumblr_pojkf4QFGa1x6m6njo1_500.gifv

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Vrana-Backstrom-Wilson
Sheary-Sgarbossa-Panik/Sprong
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Schultz
Chara-Jensen

Samsonov
Vanecek

This is what happens when you don't do stupid backward passes on my power play!
tumblr_piqc74v2Cl1x6m6njo2_400.gif

Look, there's a Gusev sighting!
OGC.f9660daf80fcd57cc0f9696d39975e8c

@JK3 April 15th Devils vs Rangers

nh62nks.jpg

Mfak0ph.jpg

XMMrdio.jpg

FTJiKkQ.jpg

ggCw6Yn.jpg

2gbkHGK.jpg

mQ8jqCp.jpg

99J7OuB.jpg

IDRABcS.jpg

—————————————————-

@NjDevsRR April 24th Devils vs Pens

14711f9b-e279-4cd4-b585-d98daadd8349-gif.425817

1b52b572-bedc-4681-9d43-986f168a5c20-gif.425824

Looking at our D.
0914fb1f-8c3e-4d36-b231-1ded43bbbcab-gif.425823

Our goaltending and special teams ain’t looking pretty.
e57c6381-90be-4d6d-abe9-68640e770a20-gif.425820

If we give up an early goal.
8707ce54-cfb1-4651-aad6-9224fcc37403-gif.425819

Should we just allow an early 4-0 deficit so we can come back?
53da41ad-5073-4a02-9a88-7e5e2f6d1913-gif.425821

Will Jim ever appreciate our Jack in the box?
69b5889c-20cf-4e7d-9fba-f97f0e08fcea-gif.425818

Brace for the hot takes.
3c8dace7-2f6a-4701-9ded-03b280ac5170-gif.425822

LGD
5fbc2de8-2774-4e7e-aff3-b90675d0dd40-gif.425825

——————————————————————————————
@Cheddabombs March 21st Devils vs Pens

Trash-Devils-GDT.png

trash-Devils-GDT2.png

Devils-Trash.gif

Kuokkanen - Zajac - Sharangovich
Bratt - Hughes - Palmieri
Wood - Zacha - Maltsev
Johnsson - McLeod - Gusev

Smith - Severson
Kulikov - Subban
Murray - Vatanen

Dell
Wedgewood

trashdevilsgdt3.gif

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Tanev - Rodrigues - Kapanen
Aston-Reese - Jankwoski - Lafferty
Sceviour - Gaudreau - Angello

Dumoulin - Letang
Matheson - Ceci
Pettersson - Marino

DeSmith
Jarry

idiotsandwich.gif

LGD!

————————————————————-

@SJinNewJersey April 4th Devils vs Capitals
OPEN CATEGORY
Another game against the Capitals.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Where it seems to be men playing against boys.
OGC.777f223d23ad5113a32ee960de19a973

Almost seems like the same game over and over.
tenor.gif

Because, well, we haven't done real well against the Capitals this year.

OGC.b72c92164cb18b2eb8dc7e4fab5b7f89

Devils

Bratt-Zajac-Sharangovich
Kuokkanen-Hughes-Palmieri
Johnsson -Zacha-Wood
Maltsev-McLeod-Boqvist

Smith-Severson
Kulikov-Subban
Murray-Vatanen

Blackwood
Wedgewood

R2dc6ffb1adac9940dac99027b8a3dd38

Capitals

Ovvechkin-Eller-Oshie
Sheary-Backstrom-Wilson
Panek-Kuznetsov-Sprong
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Shultz
Chara-Jensen

Samsonov
Vanecek

R47a811b8740aaa5625391bda151f2c74

However, I think the Devils come out strong today.

R6fb97eac03680e146db4af750e345656

And hope we don't have the same result.

tumblr_inline_na1wc3P8RY1s9x8us.gif

————————————————————————

@Better Call Sal
Feb 23rd Devils vs Sabres

OPEN CATEGORY

4z4k58.jpg

While it was a whirlwind weekend of excitement, our boys struggled with consistency and couldn't get a W.

4z4klz.jpg

That said, I think most of us would have taken a split the first week back after the COVID outbreak within the team.

4z4kt5.jpg

Lucky for us, this schedule gives us no time to dwell on losses. With back to back games vs. the Sabres today and Thursday, the boys can bounce back rather quickly!

4z4l0y.jpg

So let's take it to that forever flailing franchise tonight!

4z4l9o.jpg

Your Projected Lineup since Lindy Doesn't Like to Show His Hand Before Gametime

#11 Andres Johnsson - #86 Jack Hughes - #21 Kyle Palmieri (A)
#37 Pavel Zacha - #13 Nico Hischier (C) - #63 Jesper Bratt
#23 Mikhail Maltsev - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #97 Nikita Gusev
#44 Miles Wood - #20 Michael McLeod - #14 Nathan Bastian

#22 Ryan Murray - #76 P.K. Subban
#24 Ty Smith - #28 Damon Severson
#70 Dmitry Kulikov - #45 Sami Vatanen

#29 MacKenzie Blackwood
#47 Aaron Dell

Ladies and Gentleman, the Pavel Zacha argument

giphy.gif

Buffalo Sabres

#68 Victor Olofsson - #9 Jack Eichel (C) - #23 Sam Reinhart
#4 Taylor Hall - #12 Eric Staal - #24 Dylan Cozens
#13 Tobias Rieder - #20 Cody Eakin - #21 Kyle Okposo (A)
#53 Jeff Skinner - #27 Curtis Lazar - #38 Riley Sheahan

#26 Ramus Dahlin - #33 Colin Miller
#62 Brandon Montour - #44 Matt Irwin
#10 Henri Jokiharju - #88 Brandon Davidson

#35 Linus Ullmark
#40 Carter Hutton

4z4mm9.jpg

Time to kick some ass! LGD

tTdjOid.gif

upload_2021-1-19_21-46-16-gif.386032

upload_2021-1-19_21-46-33-gif.386033

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Better Call Sal March 30th Devils vs Bruins

I get to do another one? How 'bout that?

giphy.gif

Now while we still have our fair share of grumpy gills around these parts

e2cc1e8bcf40032b0302330202533a745937dd32.gifv

It's nice to get to enjoy a win every once in a while.

MmDV5ah.gif

Onto the next one and the next W, and don't dwell on the mistakes. Be goldfish, gents.

37da43c4677135d7eee75a4176a1f465ca5f2b8c.gifv

Support the team and believe.

giphy.gif

And let's get aboard the victory bus.

ted-lasso.gif

Devils

Kuokkanen-Zajac-Sharangovich
Bratt-Hughes-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Merkley
Johnsson-McLeod-Boqvist

Smith-Severson
Kulikov-Subban
Murray-Vatanen

Blackwood
Wedgewood

giphy.gif

Bruins

Bjork-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Ritchie-Krejci-Smith
Frederic-Coyle-Senyshyn
Blidh-Studnicka-Kuhlman

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lauzon-Clifton
Zboril-Kampfer

Halak
Vladar

giphy.gif

Just start the day with the right beverage

source.gif

LGD

giphy.webp

—————————————————————

HF Islanders :isles
One (1) Nomination Submitted

@MattMartin June 24th Isles vs Lightning

INFORMATION PROVIDED CATEGORY

NEW YORK ISLANDERS AT TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

GAME 7: ISLANDERS AT LIGHTNING
8 PM | AMALIE ARENA

SERIES TIED 3-3
WATCH: NBCSN | CBC | SN | TVAS | NHL.TV
LISTEN: 88.7FM | 103.9FM | 98.7FM

Preview

Let’s get the narrative stuff out of the way first. It would be very big for believers in karma if Nikita Kucherov was unable to go in Game 7. As of this writing, the Tampa Bay Lightning remain mum on their star sniper and leading point-getter of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

It’s been much-discussed that the defending champs stashed Kucherov right until the end of the regular season so as to circumvent the salary cap, giving them a loaded roster for their title defense.

So it would be fitting if they had to win their first elimination game in over two years with the version of the team that existed throughout the regular season. His absence is the fundamental basis for the handicap of Game 7 between the Lightning and New York Islanders.

Islanders Must Convert Offensive Chances

Whether it’s in this space, or over on NHL.com with The Action Network content provided by our own NHL editorial leader, Michael Leboff, we’ve made a big deal about the Islanders play at even-strength in comparison to Tampa Bay. Why not keep that energy going and drop this table on you?

As you can see, the Islanders are generating more offence than the Lightning are at even-strength but are not converting at the same rate that Tampa is.
The Bolts’ 19.5% conversion rate is considerably above the 14% average in the NHL, which isn’t too surprising given the talent they have on the team. Even without Kucherov this season, the Lightning converted at 16.2% during the regular season.
The last line in the chart isn’t all that surprising either, given that the Lightning came into the series converting at higher than 40% of their powerplay opportunities in the first two rounds. So how are the Islanders doing this?

Guts, guile, gumption, an electric home facility? Sorry, but none of these are actual reasons. The three games they’ve won in this series have come by scores of 2-1, 3-2, and 3-2, which aren’t as flashy as say 8-0, but each count just the same.
In those three games, the Isles have given Tampa Bay just 2, 1 and 2 power play opportunities, with no goals resulting on those chances. That’s a pretty good recipe for making it an even-strength game, where the Isles are proving equal to the Lightning.

Lightning Are Different Team Without Kucherov

Tampa’s story for Game 7 without Kucherov is a different version of the tale told when he’s in their lineup. Often when a player is forced out for a game or two, it becomes a very inexact science trying to quantify his impact.
Here’s the rare situation where we actually can quantify his impact with a decent degree of certainty. Let’s take a look at another sweet chart.

Tampa’s power play has been the literal difference-maker this playoff season. While 5-on-5, the Lightning haven’t been near dominant, averaging 1.79 Expected Goals For against three quality teams, but those opponents have averaged 1.88 Expected Goals of their own.

Through 17 games of playoff hockey, the Lightning have killed teams who dare to take a penalty against them, converting at an outlandish 37.7% rate. This is due to a power play that features Kucherov on one side, Steve Stamkos on the other, and a trio of characters in the middle that either set them up, or feed off them.
When one of those wing weapons goes out, it becomes easier to defend. How much easier? The Lightning power play was a modest 22.2% during the regular season. That’s the difference between the expectation of scoring on one of three opportunities, or one of five opportunities. So if Kucherov is unable to go in Game 7, and the Islanders are stingy with the penalties, where is the difference-making offence supposed to come from?

The quick answer to that is to list their other star talent making up their still-over-the-cap salary commitments, beginning with Brayden Point, who hopes to score in this league-record 10th straight playoff game. However, near records like that, and accolades that follow Stamkos and Conn Smythe-winner Victor Hedman are all built into the numbers above.

With the Lightning having to revert to the version of themselves from the regular season, the key cog will be Andrei Vasilevskiy, and that’s not the worst thing in the world, as the best goaltender in the league has outrageous numbers after a loss in the playoffs en route to an 11-0 record for the Bolts in bounce-back situations.

jEKdcsw.png

Playoff Series History

2003-2004

2004 NHL Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals: NYI vs. TBL | Hockey-Reference.com

2015-2016

2016 NHL Eastern Second Round: NYI vs. TBL | Hockey-Reference.com

2019-2020

2020 NHL Eastern Conference Finals: NYI vs. TBL | Hockey-Reference.com
All Time Record VS Lightning

.....................ALL GAMES......................................................HOME...........................................................AWAY...................................................PLAYOFFS....................
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
W-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPGW-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPGW-L-TWIN%GFPGGAPGW-LWIN%GFPGGAPG
56-66-346.02.72.931-29-151.62.92.725-37-240.62.63.17-1531.81.83.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Possible Starting Goalies:

ejfxx6x.png

Possible Lineups:

Rj936ad.png

Team Leaders:

BIOr73L.png

Game 1 Recap

Islanders vs. Lightning - Game Recap - June 13, 2021 - ESPN

Game 2 Recap

Islanders vs. Lightning - Game Recap - June 15, 2021 - ESPN

Game 3 Recap

Lightning vs. Islanders - Game Recap - June 17, 2021 - ESPN

Game 4 Recap

Lightning vs. Islanders - Game Recap - June 19, 2021 - ESPN

Game 5 Recap

Islanders vs. Lightning - Game Recap - June 21, 2021 - ESPN

Game 6 Recap/Highlights

Lightning vs. Islanders - Game Recap - June 23, 2021 - ESPN

@Loffen Feb. 12th Rangers vs Bruins

bannergdt.png

2021 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #13 - 02/12/2021

vs
BOS: 9-1-2_____________NYR: 4-5-3

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
TV | MSG PLUS, NHLN, NESN

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; BOS@NYR 02/10/21
NY POST - DAILYFACEOFF.com - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - BRUINS.com

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE // AROUND THE LEAGUE

QUOTES TO NOTE:

Obviously tough loss. But I felt a lot better and obviously the chances were there but couldn’t really capitalize on Rask.
Just have to keep going and keep getting a little better every game.
- Mika Zibanejad

Bitetto got a big fight there and kind of turn the momentum a bit.
We get a big goal from Rooney, but they're fast paced team and we've just got to use our speed to play with them.
We did a pretty good job of that today.
- Adam Fox

Tonight, for sure, Mika was the guy that we saw last year in a lot of ways. He did a great job defensively. I thought he was on the puck.
I thought there were great scoring chances. He had a swagger to him tonight. I think he feels pretty good right now.
- David Quinn

20 Pts
DIV:
1st | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 2nd
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
MARCHAND (A) | BERGERON (C) | PASTRNAK
RITCHIE
| KREJCI (A) | SMITH
DEBRUSK
| COYLE | BJORK
FREDERIC
| KURALY | WAGNER

LD | RD
LAUZON | MCAVOY
GRZELCYK
| CARLO
ZBORIL
| MILLER

Scratched:
MOORE

STARTING GOALIE:

Rask-Tuukka2_1.png

Tuukka RASK
GPI: 8 | W: 6 | L: 1 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .906 | GAA: 2.31 | SA: 202 | GA: 19 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ondrej Kase - Upper body (Out)
Jack Studnicka - Undisclosed (Out)

11 Pts
DIV:
6th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 25th
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
KREIDER (A) | ZIBANEJAD (A) | BUCHNEVICH
PANARIN (A) "?"
| STROME | KAKKO
LAFRENIERE
| HOWDEN | DI GIUSEPPE
LEMIEUX
| ROONEY | GAUTHIER

LD | RD

LINDGREN | FOX
MILLER
| TROUBA (A)
HAJEK
| BITETTO

Scratched:
BRODZINSKI
SMITH

STARTING GOALIE:

Shesterkin-Igor.png

Igor SHESTERKIN
GPI: 8 | W: 3 | L: 3 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% 0.916 | GAA: 2.31 | SA: 202 | GA: 17 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Colin Blackwell - Upper body (DTD)
Jack Johnson - Groin (DTD)
Filip Chytil - Upper body (Out)

zibapfffffft.gif

————————————————————————

HF Sens :sens Two (2) Nominations

@Puikiou March 7th Sens vs Flames

OPEN CATEGORY

Ev2Qj3JVkAAsL8u

Projected lineup:

Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Stützle - Anisimov - Batherson
Paul - White - Dadonov
Watson - Tierney - Dzingel

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Zub
Brannstrom - Gudbranson

Murray
Daccord

——————————————————————
@L'Aveuglette May 12th Sens vs Leafs

1232775658.0.jpg

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (35-13-6) @ OTTAWA SENATORS (22-28-5)
TV: SN, TVAS2 | Radio: TSN 1200, 94.5 Unique-FM

Kelly set to make NHL debut in season finale Wednesday

Brady Tkachuk said. "I think we can hang with any team. When we play our game, it's pretty tough to stop us. We created our momentum, created a lot of good energy around here and off the ice it's one of the tightest teams I've ever been on and I think that correlated so much to being on the ice together.

PROJECTED LINEUP

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stützle - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Dadonov
Formenton - L. Brown* - Kelly**

Mete - Zaitsev
Brännström - Zub
Alsing - Bernard-Docker

Gustavsson
Forsberg

*making season debut
**making NHL debut

5Hr2Bot.png

dqT8Psb.png

LAST MEETING

tV8Y9ro.png

—————————————————————————-

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Pens Nine (9) Nominations Submitted

@Ugene Malkin Jan. 14th Pens vs Flyers

OPEN CATEGORY

Upq2nNq.png

(Pens) PITTSBURGH PENGUINS | VS. | PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (FLYERS)

FRIDAY, JAN. 15 7:00 PM - WELLS FARGO CENTER
Networks: NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT
105.9 The X, Penguins Radio Network

"HOW WE GOT HERE"
Standings

GAME PREVIEW
Bryan Rust enters tonight's game with six points (2G-4A) in his last nine games versus Philadelphia.
Jake Guentzel has 11 points (4G-7A) in 12 career regular season games against the Flyers. If you include postseason games, Guentzel has 24 points (10G-14A) in 18 games.
In11 games he started following a game he lost last season, Tristan Jarry posted a .918 save percentage (315 saves/343 shots) and two shutouts.
Evgeni Malkin has 73 career points (28G-45A) in 59 career games against the Flyers. Only teammate Sidney Crosby(106PTS in 71GP) has more points versus Philadelphia among all active players.
Five of the coaches in tonight's game are former Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins coaches (Mike Sullivan, Todd Reirden, Mike Vellucci, Michel Therrien and Mike Yeo).

GAME LINEUPS
"Subject to change"

:pens
Penguins possible Lineup
From Practice/morning skate

Lines
59 Guentzel - 87 Crosby - 9 Rodrigues
16 Zucker - 71 Malkin - 17 Rust
19 McCann - 14 Jankowski - 13 Tanev
18 Lafferty - 53 Blueger - 7 Sceviour

Pairings
8 Dumoulin - 58 Letang
28 Pettersson - 6 Marino
5 Matheson - 2 Ruhwedel

Goalies

35 Jarry (confirmed starter) - 1 DeSmith

Thanks to "@MiamiScreamingEagle" from todays GDT.

:flyers
Flyers Possible Lineup
From todays MSE GDT

Lines
23 Oskar Lindblom -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 11 Travis Konecny
8 Claude Giroux -- 13 Kevin Hayes -- 86 Joel Farabee
25 James van Riemsdyk -- 19 Nolan Patrick -- 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl --
21 Scott Laughton -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim -- 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hagg -- 56 Erik Gustafsson

Goalies
79 Carter Hart (confirmed starter)
37 Brian Elliott

"Will update when possible"

@Ugene Malkin Jan.26th Pens vs Bruins

GAME PREVIEW

IT7Njtc.gif

"BABY STEPS"

yKpQ9Mf.gif

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
Projected "Baby Step" Lineup
Subjected to change
Official Pittsburgh Penguins Website

OiG2DGp.gif

Forwards

5tYgbdX.png

l1OcQhn.png

Defense

rTtdpxB.png

Goalies

pWt5z41.png

:bruins

BOSTON BRUINS
Projected Lineup
Subjected to Change
Official Boston Bruins Website

Forwards

63 - Marchand | 37 - Bergeron | 74 - Debrusk
21 - Ritchie | 46 - Krejci | 23 - Studnicka
82 - Frederic | 13 - Coyle | 12 - Smith
10 - Bjork | 52 - Kuraly | 14 - Wagner

Defense

55 - Lauzon | 73 - McAvoy
75 - Clifton | 25 - Carlo
67 - Zboril | 86 - Miller

Goalies

40 - Rask | 41 - Halak

kX8zPBe.gif

LET'S GO PENS!!!
giphy.gif

ICE ICE BABY STEPS!!!

@ColePens @BHD @Scandale du Jour
For lockdown...TY!

@dogthateats Jan. 29th Pens vs Rangers

january%2030%202021.png

————————————————————

@Ugene Malkin Feb 16th Pens vs Capitals

V1JZUJ6.png

'Emperor Penguin'
"Send in the ATAT's.... My Apprentice.
We must finish the job of kicking these....
....'REBELS'.... in all caps, out of Hoth Pittsburgh...
...Mon, Feb. 16 2021 at 7:00 PM (PPG) base command.
But this storm could put your task in Peril.."

"SNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
O
O
O

96eabc812b02070e025cb41776b91803.gif

QDAFMhG.gif

Networks: NBCSN, SN360, SNE, SNW, SNP, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, NBCSWA
GAME PREVIEW | GAME CENTER | NHL PENS | PENS Twitter | NHL Stats
AyoMgf8.gif

SNOW BLIND

:caps
REBELS PROJECTED LINUP
Subjected to change
CAPS Twitter
Official Washington Capitals Website

FORWARDS

8 - OVECHKIN | 19 BACKSTROM | 43 - WILSON
13 - VRANA | 92 - KUZNETZOV | 77 - OSHIE
73 - SHEARY | 20 - ELLER | 14 - PANIK
62 - HAGELIN | 26 - DOWD | 21 - HATHAWAY

DEFENCE

4- DILLION | 74 - CARLSON
33 - CHARA | 2 - SCHULTZ
9 - ORLOV | 3 - JENSEN

GOALIES

41- VANECEK | 31 - ANDERSON

jyXmzzx.gif

We can always use help in the GDT sector.
If intrigued, please got to the main GDT thread.
Many Thanks....MAIN GDT THREAD

@Clare2904 Feb. 20th Pens vs Islanders

OPEN CATEGORY

8471675.jpg

Sidney Patrick Crosby - DOB 7th August 1987
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada

mrWK81B.jpg
8471675.jpg
HHEuFrC.jpg

On the 5th October 2005 Sidney Patrick Crosby played a game of hockey in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
5617 days later he will lace them up tonight (wearing the same jockstrap too :eek:) for game # 1000 against the New York Islanders.

Over the years he has produced 37 goals (2nd) 79 assists (1st) for his best tally of points (116). He also has his best +/-, PP assists and GWG against NYI. This sure is a team Sid loves to play against.

Sid is the 350th NHL player to reach the 1000 game milestone and the 2nd of the current season, 18 days after the Habs captain Shea Weber got his hands on the commemorative Silver Stick.

Sid Stats

Let’s have a look at what will be keeping that stick company in the Crosby display cabinet.

O1I0CDr.jpg

JGiHUCX.jpg

D1zwbeF.jpg
qauqjRP.jpg

das6VbF.jpg

xzzoGzz.jpg
nm6joVO.jpg

M4rodBy.jpg

Io1QSs7.jpg
iIi46Ij.jpg

Multiple tournaments and medals have been won proudly wearing the Red and White of Canada

hTomE8d.jpg

a80aQou.jpg
F3dJTBK.jpg

7Hkw7Bg.jpg
KCSNdnz.jpg

:heart: We Love You Sid! :heart:

CGw6CmH.jpg

And one for me :D

Rnm240x.jpg

——————————————————————-
@Ugene Malkin Feb. 27th Pens vs Islanders

OPEN CATEGORY

Pens 10-7-1 @ Islanders 10-6-3

Sat, Feb. 27- 2021|7:00PM|NVMC|Networks: MSG+, ATTSN-PT

Do you need somethin' to keep you cool?
Do you need somethin' to keep you cool?
Better look out now though, Dave's got somethin' for you...
Tell ya what it is.
V
V
V

kzKL2e8.png

:isles
LINEUP
s5YnlOL.gif

FORWARDS

LEE - BARZAL - EBERLE
BEAUVILLIER - NELSON - BAILEY
KOMAROV - PAGEAU - WAHLSTROM
MARTIN - CIZIKAS - CLUTTERBUCK

DEFENSE

PELECH - PULOCK
LEDDY - MAYFIELD
GREENE - DOBSON

GOALIES

VARLAMOV - SOROKIN

6507a3aba7f221343aaf299f80698a595e84bbaar1-444-250_hq.gif

gPonz56.gif

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Ugene Malkin March 1st Pens vs Flyers

OPEN CATEGORY
That's Great, It Starts With An Earthquake..

:pens VS. :flyers
Tue, Mar. 2 - 2021 @7:00PM (PPG)
Network: ATTSN-PT,NBCSP

PENS NHL.com 11-8-1 | GAME PREVIEW | GAME CENTER | 11-4-3 FLYERS NHL.com

Flightless Birds and Jake Snakes, and Puddle Jumping Aeroplanes
And ICEBURGH is not afraid

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs
Don't mis-serve your own needs
Speed it up a notch, speed, grunt, no, strength
The ladder starts to clatter
With a fear of height, down, height
Wire in Geno a fire, represent the seven games
And a government for hire and a defensive combat site
Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry
With the Furies breathing down your neck
:phew:
Team by team, reporters baffled, Sully trumped, tethered, cropped
Look at that low plane, fine, then
Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched
:vhappy:

Pens Twitter

Here's my stab at the forward lines...

Jake Guentzel, Evgeni Malkin, Bryan Rust
Jared McCann, Sam Lafferty, Kasperi Kapanen
Zach, Aston-Reese, Teddy Blueger, Brandon Tanev
Drew O'connor, Colton Sceviour, Anthony Angello

Seven o'clock, T.V. hour, don't get caught in foreign tower
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn
Lock him in uniform, book burning, bloodletting
Every motive escalate, automotive incinerate
Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch your heel crush, crush, uh oh
SULLY...
:jk:
This means no fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and he decline...

:flyers
FLYERS LINE-UP

Stolen from @MiamiScreamingEagles
Flyers Twitter
Subject to Change
"Adjustments will be made after Tuesday's morning skate"

source.gif

FORWARDS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 19 Nolan Patrick
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 11 Travis Konecny
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
6 Travis Sanheim -- 61 Justin Braun
8 Robert Hägg - 5 Phil Myers
56 Erik Gustafsson
Goalies
79 Carter Hart

37 Brian Elliott

izdOSp8.gif

"I swear this is a coincidence."
We've got a lot of vacancies in the March schedule. Unfortunately, Tom Hanks had to back out of his couple he had selected. (see ya in April)
so, if you can even just do one and help out, we'd all appreciate it.TY!
GDT SIGN UP THREAD

@Ugene Malkin April 2nd Pens vs Bruins

OPEN CATEGORY

TOUCAN Son of SID
Game Center

NJrh2Px.gif

Last Game

Game Lineups
*Subject to Change*

FORWARDS

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Rodrigues
Aston ~ Reese - Gaudreau - Tanev
Lafferty - Jankowski - Angello

DEFENSE

Dumoulin - Letang
Matheson - Ceci
Pettersson - Marino

GOALIES

DeSmith - Lagace

:bruins
"Friday practice lineup"

FORWARDS

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Craig Smith
Nick Ritchie
- David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Anders Bjork - Sean Kuraly - Charlie Coyle
Trent Frederic - Jack Studnicka - Zach Senyshyn/Chris Wagner

DEFENSEMEN

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
Jeremy Lauzon
- Kevan Miller
Jakub Zboril - Steven Kampfer
Jarred Tinordi - Connor Clifton

GOALIES

Jaroslav Halak
Daniel Vladar
Callum Booth

c9c86c88ba116ded5929b76367cdf5b16f83b667.gif

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Flyers have Two (2) Nominations Submitted

@MiamiScreamingEagles Jan. 14th Flyers vs Pens

‘Information Provided’ Category

BUFFALO SABRES (6-23-4) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (16-13-4)
CLfqg9o.png
th
Colin-Miller-James-van-Riemsdyk_1200x520_BobFina.jpg

tenor.gif

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
TeamGPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Sabres336-23-4152-11-24-12-26611623.377.951.0
Flyers3316-13-4368-7-38-6-110111820.772.853.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
25 James van Riemsdyk - 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom -
19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
55 Sam Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
Goalies
79 Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott (starter)
34 Alex Lyon

Power Plays
PP1: Claude Giroux, Joel Farabee, Nolan Patrick, Jake Voracek, Ivan Provorov
PP2: James van Riemsdyk, Kevin Hayes, Sean Couturier, Travis Konecny, Shayne Gostisbehere

Injuries and Scratches
8 Robert Hägg (injured list) is out 2-to-4 weeks due to a shoulder injury suffered March 17.
26 Erik Gustafsson (healthy) could be scratched as a spare defenseman.

48 Morgan Frost (injured list) underwent surgery for a dislocated left shoulder and could miss the remainder of the regular season. He was injured January 19.
79 Carter Hart (healthy) is not expected to dress tonight or Wednesday.

Taxi Squad (subject to daily changes)
Forwards

10 Andy Andreoff
78 Matthew Strome
81 Carsen Twarynski
82 Connor Bunnaman
Defensemen
39 Nate Prosser
Goalies
34 Alex Lyon
32 Felix Sandstrom
BUFFALO SABRES
CLfqg9o.png
Possible Lineup
Lines

68 Victor Olofsson - 24 Dylan Cozens -- 23 Sam Reinhart
4 Taylor Hall -- 37 Casey Mittelstadt -- 72 Tage Thompson
13 Tobias Rieder - 20 Cody Eakin - 15 Riley Sheahan
53 Jeff Skinner
-- 27 Curtis Lazar -- 21 Kyle Okposo
Pairings
62 Brandon Montour -- 33 Colin Miller
26 Rasmus Dahlin -- 10 Henri Jokiharju
44 Matt Irwin -- 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
Goalies
31 Dustin Tokarski
35 Linus Ullmark (starter)

Power plays
PP1: Sam Reinhart, Taylor Hall, Casey Mittelstadt, Victor Olofsson, Rasmus Dahlin
PP2: Kyle Okposo, Dylan Cozens. Jeff Skinner, Colin Miller, Rasmus Ristolainen
Injuries and Scratches
3 William Borgen (IR) has a fractured right forearm and could miss 6-8 weeks from Feb. 23.
9 Jack Eichel (IR) has an upper body injury.
19 Jake McCabe (IR) has a right knee injury and will miss the rest of the regular season.
28 Zemgus Girgensons (IR) had hamstring surgery and could miss the entire season.
40 Carter Hutton (injured) has a lower body injury.
74 Rasmus Asplund (IR) has an upper body injury.
78 Jacob Bryson (injured) will not play Monday following affects of a hit in Saturday night's game.
FROM THE PAST
1995 ECQF: Flyers take a 3-1 series lead with a 4-2 win.

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Eminence Front" by The Who

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to changes...and more changes)

OIP.Ro9P8iq6Lyty1-YGlfkYoQHaDb
  • Retro jerseys in orange
Date OpponentTime (ET)Television
Wednesday, 3/31at Buffalo7:30 pmNBCSN, NBCSP
Saturday 4/3at NY Islanders7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Monday, 4/5at Boston7:00 pmNHLN, NESN, NBCSP
Tuesday, 4/6vs. Boston7:00 pmSN360, NBCSP, NESN
Thursday, 4/8at NY Islanders7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Saturday, 4/10vs. Boston2:00 pmSN1, NBCSP, NESN
Sunday, 4/11vs. Buffalo2:00 pmNHLN, TVAS, NBCSP, MSG-B
Tuesday, 4/13at Washington7:00 pmNBCSN, NBCSWA, NBCSP
Thursday, 4/15at Pittsburgh7:00 pmSN360, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP
Saturday, 4/17vs. Washington12:30 pmNHLN, NBCSP, NBCSWA
Sunday, 4/18vs. NY Islanders6:30 pmNBCSN, SN
Thursday, 4/22at NY Rangers7:00 pmMSG, NBCSP
Friday, 4/23at NY Rangers7:00 pmNHLN, TVAS, MSG, NBCSP
Sunday, 4/25vs. New Jersey6:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Tuesday, 4/27at New Jersey7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Thursday, 4/29at New Jersey7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Saturday, 5/1at New Jersey7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Monday, 5/3vs. Pittsburgh7:00 pmNBCSP, ATTSN-PT
Tuesday, 5/4vs. Pittsburgh7:00 pmSN, SN360, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT
Friday, 5/7at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Saturday, 5/8at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Monday, 5/10vs. New Jersey7:00 pmSN, NBCSP, MSG
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Captain Dave Poulin cont’d…

BUFFALO SABRES (6-14-3) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (12-7-3)
CLfqg9o.png
ISMZuef.jpg

cut.png

BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: NBCSP, MSG-B
97.5 The Fanatic unless a change to 93.3 WMMR - Everything That Rocks!
  • Streams: Do not post or request any streams or links to unauthorized sites.
  • Online Streaming: nbcsportsphiladelphia.com and the MyTeams app by NBC Sports
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Sabres236-14-3152-7-24-7-1527529.782.453.4
Flyers 2212-7-3276-3-26-4-1716917.972.251.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images

Possible Lineup
Lines
James van Riemsdyk - 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 19 Nolan Patrick
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
11 Travis Konecny (see below)
Pairings
Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
56 Erik Gustafsson - 61 Justin Braun
Goalies
Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott
Power Plays
PP1
: Claude Giroux, Joel Farabee, James van Riemsdyk, Sean Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere
PP2: Kevin Hayes, Jake Voracek, Nolan Patrick, Travis Sanheim, Ivan Provorov
Injuries and Scratches

48 Morgan Frost (injured list) underwent surgery for a dislocated left shoulder and could miss the remainder of the regular season. He was injured Jan.19. He exited virus protocol Feb. 19.
Taxi Squad (subject to daily changes)
Forwards
Andy Andreoff
55 Sam Morin
81 Carsen Twarynski
Defensemen
Nate Prosser
Goalies
Alex Lyon
BUFFALO SABRES
6W4tNZa.jpg

Possible Lineup
Lines
Taylor Hall -- 9 Jack Eichel -- 24 Dylan Cozens
68 Victor Olofsson -- 12 Eric Staal -- 23 Sam Reinhart
13 Tobias Rieder -- 20 Cody Eakin -- 21 Kyle Okposo
53 Jeff Skinner -- 27 Curtis Lazar -- 38 Riley Sheahan
Pairings
Rasmus Dahlin -- 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
10 Henri Jokiharju -- 33 Colin Miller
78 Jacob Bryson -- 62 Brandon Montour
Goalies
Carter Hutton
34 Jonas Johansson

Power Plays
PP1:
Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel, Taylor Hall, Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Olofsson
PP2: Dylan Cozens, Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner, Colin Miller, Rasmus Ristolainen

Injuries and Scratches
Zemgus Girgensons is out..
19 Jake McCabe is out.
9 Jack Eichel is out.

aaqjpDU.gif

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC

"Sodajerk" by Buffalo Tom

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to changes...and more changes)

OIP.r282owZQWcVDMVGEVwDVXAHaEK

• Retro jerseys in orange
Date OpponentTime (ET)Television
Thursday, 3/11vs Washington7:00 pmESPN+, NBCSP, NBCSWA
Saturday, 3/13vs. Washington7:00 pmESPN+, NBCSP, NBCSWA
Monday, 3/15at NY Rangers7:00 pmNBCSN, MSG, NBCSP
Wednesday, 3/17at NY Rangers7:30 pmNBCSN
Thursday, 3/18at NY Islanders 7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Saturday, 3/20at NY Islanders7:00 pmNHLN, MSG+, NBCSP
Monday, 3/22vs. NY Islanders 7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Tuesday, 3/23vs. New Jersey7:00 pmNBCSN, TVAS, NBCSP
Thursday, 3/25vs. NY Rangers 7:00 pmTVAS, NBCSP, MSG
Saturday, 3/27vs. NY Rangers1:00 pmNBCSP, MSG
Monday, 3/29at Buffalo7:00 pmMSG-B, NBCSP
Wednesday, 3/31at Buffalo7:30 pmNBCSN, NBCSP
APRIL:at NY Islanders7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Monday, 4/5at Boston7:00 pmSNE, SNO, SNP, NBCSP, NESN
Tuesday, 4/6vs. Boston7:00 pmSN360, NBCSP, NESN
Thursday, 4/8at NY Islanders7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Saturday, 4/10vs. Boston2:00 pmSN1, NBCSP, NESN
Sunday, 4/11vs. Buffalo2:00 pmTVAS, NBCSP, MSG-B
Tuesday, 4/13at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Thursday, 4/15at Pittsburgh7:00 pmSN360, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP
Saturday, 4/17vs. Washington12:30 pmSN360, SN1, NBCSP, NBCSWA
Sunday, 4/18vs. NY Islanders6:30 pmNBCSN, SN
Thursday, 4/22at NY Rangers7:00 pmMSG, NBCSP
Friday, 4/23at NY Rangers7:00 pmTVAS, MSG, NBCSP
Sunday, 4/25vs. New Jersey6:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Tuesday, 4/27at New Jersey7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
Thursday, 4/29at New Jersey7:00 pmMSG+, NBCSP
MAY:at New Jersey7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Monday, 5/3vs. Pittsburgh7:00 pmNBCSP, ATTSN-PT
Tuesday, 5/4vs. Pittsburgh7:00 pmSN, SN360, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT
Friday, 5/7at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Saturday, 5/8at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Monday, 5/10vs. New Jersey7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Per MSE:

Updated Lineups

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Sharks :sharksZero (0) Nominations Submitted

HF Blues :blues Zero (0) Nominations Submitted

HF Lightning :bolts Two (2) Nominations Submitted

@TheDaysOf 04 Jan. 21 Lightning vs Jackets

jlpmvjN.png

QOPgUJ1.png

MN4Glyh.png

37snUOH.png

AiH3IR5.png

@TheDaysOf 04 July 7th Lightning vs Habs

OW8rlEi.png

FbaZE20.png

h791LBY.png

ojGb7of.png

Qmi6FW7.png

jCxe7DT.png

HF Canes :canes is still reviewing….

HF Canucks :nucks is still reviewing….

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
HF Leafs Three (3) Nominations Submitted

@CanadasTeam Feb 20th Leafs vs Habs

OPEN CATEGORY

9MJcZHU.jpg

LFG

7U5veYy.gif

——————————————————-

@Mitch nylander May 5th Leafs vs Habs

OPEN CATEGORY

Thought I'd make a decent GTD since we haven't had a proper one in a while and because it's against the Habs. Let's smack them tonight.

Toronto Maple Leafs (33-13-6) | 5-2-1 vs the Habs

Expected Lineup

screen-shot-2021-05-05-at-11-32-51-pm-png.430436

Injury List:
Zach Hyman - Sprained Knee - IR
Riley Nash - Sprained Knee - IR
Frederik Andersen - Lower Body Injury - IR
Scott Sabourin - Hand - IR
Nick Foligno - Upper Body Injury - DTD

Top 5 Scorers
Mitch Marner - 52GP - 18G, 46A, 64Pts
Auston Matthews - 48GP - 39G, 24A, 63Pts
John Tavares - 52GP - 17G, 29A, 46pts
William Nylander - 47GP - 16G, 23A, 39Pts
Morgan Rielly - 51Gp - 5G, 29A, 34pts

Montreal Canadiens (24-19-9)

bf056e661711e274b141252636a33b32.jpg

Expected Lineup of the ("Best team of the north" - Habs fans 5 games in)

screen-shot-2021-05-05-at-11-42-53-pm-png.430417

Injury List:

Shea Weber - DTD - Upper Body
Tomas Tatar -DTD - Lower Body
Carey Price - DTD - Concussion
Paul Byron - DTD - Lower Body
Brendan Gallagher - IR - Fractured Thumb
Jonathan Drouin - IR - Personal Reasons

Top 5 Scorers (yawn)
Tyler Toffoli - 50Gp, 28G, 15A, 43Pts
Jeff Petry - 53Gp, 12G, 28A, 40Pts
Nick Suzuki - 53Gp 12G, 27A, 39pts
Tomas Tatar - 46Gp, 10G, 20A, 30pts
Josh Anderson - 50Gp 17G 7A, 24pts

5cc3b8bc-144a-439b-a0a3-8f51750881c1-1600x900.png

1. If the Leafs Win, we likely face the habs round 1 - With the habs, getting ragdolled by the sens in their last game and the Jets winning. This is a must win for the habs if they want any shot at 3rd. If they lose it is extremely likely we get a leafs-habs first round. We choose our fate.
  2. Matthews 1 away from 40 - Matthews could secure his 3rd season with 40 goals or more. Only one away lets see it happen.
  3. Mikheyev, Galchenyuk, Simmonds, Noesen and Engvall - These are all guys who are either not playing great, players who are on the cusp of being replaced if a healthy lineup occurs or depth guys. A good test to see who stays in the lineup and who exits the lineup

Classic Video Clips

Here's a great hit by #25 on the so-called "next Ovechkin" :laugh:

Here's a classic Leafs-Habs Match- 6-0 Leafs. Boy Mclaren was a beauty.

A beauty from Matthews

Drinking Game

Every time the announcer says Caufield's name, take a shot. You won't last past 5 mins in the first regardless if he's played well or not.

No excuses, let's win today!
Go Leafs Go

toronto-maple-leafs-nhl-hockey-nicholas-legault.jpg

@PromisedLand May 31st Leafs vs Habs

OPEN CATEGORY

5bkzqr.jpg

5bl1hv.jpg

Yo LEAFS
2018-03-01-start-on-time-blog_orig.png

BOTTOM LINE
  • There is NO quit
  • There is NO fear
  • There is NO anxiety
  • There is NO tried our best

There is only WILL and that is to: WIN!!!!!!

200.gif

tenor.gif

GOAL IS TO SCORE MORE GOALS
GOAL IS TO WIN
GOAL IS TO BE THE BEST
GOAL IS TO BE THE CHAMP

Lets GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACHIEVE OUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown:
W, W, W, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

—————————————————————

HF Canucks :nucks Zero (0) Nominations Submitted as of Sept. 12th

———————————————————————

HF Knights :vegas Two (2) Nominations Submitted as of Sept. 12th

@hangman005 Jan. 20th Knights vs Coyotes

OPEN CATEGORY

tenor.gif

f820efffbb3e8f670e23ec7238703ffe.gif

tenor.gif

:coyotes :vegas

Arizona Coyotes @ Vegas Golden Knights
7:00PM | Jan 20th
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

Best Guess Line Ups

*replace all players with Kolesar as necessary

:vegas

Offense

Pacioretty-Max.png
Stephenson-Chandler_VGK-202.png
Stone-Mark_VGK_.png

Marchessault-Jonathan_3.png
Karlsson-William_3.png
Smith-Reilly_2.png

Roy-Nicolas_VGK-2020_.png
Glass-Cody.png
Tuch-Alex_1.png

Carrier-Will_1.png
Nosek-Tomas_1.png
Reaves-Ryan.png

Defense

McNabb-Brayden_1.png
Pietrangelo-Alex_VGK-2021_.png

Martinez-Alec_VGK-2020.png
Theodore-Shea_2.png

Whitecloud-Zach_VGK-2020_.png
Hague-Nic_VGK_.png

Goalie

Fleury-Marc-Andre_7.png

Lehner-Robin_VGK-2_.png

:coyotes

giphy.gif

CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

LETS LIGHT THE LAMP!

GO :vegas GO!

—————————————————————-

@hangman005
March 17th Knights vs Sharks

source.gif

K8x2rkc.gif

source.gif

source.gif

QzBgPXi.gif

source.gif

HF Caps :caps Zero (0) Nominations Submitted as of Sept. 12th

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@SUX2BU Feb 2 Jets vs Flames

Well, today is Groundhog Day and another case of deja vu

And now, to Phil Connors …..
7d5034ec3fe29cbffe61894c782849fe.gif

Phil, we’re live …….
source.gif

Back to our Punxsutawney studios …. Dennis?

Beyak: Live from Punxsutawney, second of 4 games

giphy-downsized.gif

Beyak: Yes, another back to back (the second of seven)
200.gif

Beyak: No Phil, they're not playing Boston, the Jets are hosting the Calgary Flames …

Flames
4-3-1 = 9 points
6th in the North Division

giphy.gif

Jets
5-3-1 = 11 points
4th in the North Division

tenor.gif

Other stats
200.gif

Flames ............................................Jets
27.8 (10th) ..... Power play ..... 22.9 (15th)
76.7 (22th) --- Penalty kill ..... 75.0 (24th)
49.2 (22th) .... Faceoff % .... 49.7 (21th)
2.88 (17th) ..... GF/GP ..... 3.56 (5th)
2.50 (8th) ... GA/GP ... 3.11 (22nd)

tumblr_ntt7vnbdpw1trc5jwo1_640.gifv

Never too early for flapjacks. Your comments as always, greatly appreciated …..

Stay safe, everyone …….. hey, where’s Ka chook ?

groundhog-day-bill-murray-punches-ned.gif

…….. there we go, well almost everybody

Some of the Cast
Phil Connors: SUX2BU
Stunt Double: SoCalJetsfan
Punxsutawney Phil: Eyeseeing
Mayor: Sipowicz
Larry: John Agar
Guy who like Flapjacks: Jets 31
Ned: Mathew Kachook

Linesup: Both on pg 6. Jets - post 138, Flames - post 140 (subject to change)

Enjoy the game
-———————————————————————————————————————-

@RetroWinnipeg Winnipeg Feb 4 Jets vs Flames

jetsframe1good-png.392479
jetsframe2good-png.392480
jetsframe3good-png.392481
jetsframe4-png.392482
jetsframe5-png.392483
jetsframe6-png.392484
jetsframe7-png.392485

Well, at least Hellebuyck's new mask is pretty cool.

Onto tonight's stats for the Endless Four: Part 3: The One with the Same Teams Again

Calgary Flames
4-4-1 9 points
6th in Scotia North Division

Winnipeg Jets
6-3-1 13 points
3rd in Scotia North Division

Flames ................................ Jets
25.0 (11th) Power Play % 21.6 (14th)
78.1 (20th) Penalty Kill % 78.6 (18th)
50.0 (18th) ....Faceoff %......49.0 (23rd)
2.78 (19th) ....GF/GP............3.50 (6th)
2.56 (9th) .......GA/GP ..........3.00 (17th)

Projected Starting Goalies

Calgary - J. Markstrom

Winnipeg - C. Hellybuyck

Projected Paid Attendance: 0

Well, it seems like Ottawa has forced our newest Jet to wait a full quarantine period until he plays his first game, despite the lax rules that have allowed Columbus to start playing their trade acquisitions already.
Next time, we ship with Prime.
dubois-gif.392488

-———————————————————————————————————

@Aggie204 Feb 13 Jets vs Sens

OPEN CATEGORY

title-jpg.395776
forward1-png.395777
filler1-jpg.395778
forward2-png.395779
filler3-jpg.395780
defence-png.395781
filler2-jpg.395782
filler4-jpg.395783

-———————————————————————————————————

@The Blue Baron Feb 18 Jets vs Canucks

Winnipeg Jets 16GP 9-6-1 for 19 points L1
4th in the North:jets

Vancouver Canucks 20GP 8-11-1 for 17 points W1
7th in the North:nucks

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

JETS BALLS!!!!!!!

There is a great disturbance in the the North galaxy.
PoMo won’t play his young studs while playing old tired farts.
Wheels is a shadow of his former self and Fefe never back checks.
Hellboi likes to handle the puck even knows he sucks at it.
BUT there is hope for the future of the 2021 NHL season for these here Jets.
Strong player leadership, an abundance of Uber talented players like Danish Nikki and Robot Chicken man not mention an injection of the man’s man Pierre Luke Dubois, there is promising hope on the horizon.

Go forth Jet super fans and be well.....and drunk.......

upload_2021-2-18_22-14-21-png.397872

“Wheegurt” Jet Balls old leader
upload_2021-2-18_22-15-24-png.397873

Blake Wheeler

“Lone Danish” Jets Balls saviour
upload_2021-2-18_22-17-1-png.397875

Nik Ehlers

“Barflieu” not Jets Balls saviour
upload_2021-2-18_22-18-26-png.397877

Nathan Beaulieu

“Lord Peeyonk Helmet” he is small but boy is he ruthless
upload_2021-2-18_22-19-24-png.397878

Neal Pionk

“Col. Lowdurz” Jet Balls second in command in many ways!
upload_2021-2-18_22-20-57-png.397879

Adam Lowry

“President Skroobeldayoff” Jet Balls architect
upload_2021-2-18_22-21-59-png.397880

Kevin Cheveldayoff

“Pizza the Goalie” nothing is getting by this guy, I mean all that cheese!
upload_2021-2-18_22-23-25-png.397881

Connor Hellebuyck

“Vinissey” Jet Balls always loyal soldier
upload_2021-2-18_22-24-33-png.397883

Josh Morrissey

“Copp matrix” no hands but is good at many other things
upload_2021-2-18_22-29-3-png.397885

Andrew Copp

“Commanderette ZirBort” Snotty beamed me twice last night sir. Jet Balls loyalist
upload_2021-2-18_22-49-19-png.397911

Derek Forbort

“Minister PoMo” clueless coach of Jet Balls, god help Jet Balls fans!
upload_2021-2-18_22-55-4-png.397915

Paul Maurice

Radar Robo PopEyes Chicken man” Jet Balls elite talent!
upload_2021-2-18_22-34-27-png.397888

Kyle Connor

“Stats Asshole” sometimes good for Jet Balls
upload_2021-2-18_22-35-36-png.397889

Paul Stastny

Schef Valium” good in Ozone sleepy in Dzone

upload_2021-2-18_22-36-47-png.397890

Mark Schiefele

“Misunderstood Giraffe in the desert” Jet Balls need him in their
upload_2021-2-18_22-38-1-png.397892

Logan Stanley

“Snotty Apple” beam the Jet Balls up Snotty!
upload_2021-2-18_22-40-1-png.397894

Mason Appleton

“Princess Melo” Jet Balls D man with no physical touch
upload_2021-2-18_22-41-8-png.397895

Dylan Demelo

“King Chipper” ruler of Jet Balls
upload_2021-2-18_22-42-22-png.397896

Mark Chipman

“P. Luke Dubewalker” Jet Balls hero’s arc in action...

upload_2021-2-18_22-43-31-png.397897

Pierre Luc Dubois

The Jets Balls will beat these Nuk Nuks and bring balance to the North galaxy division.

Let the galactic discussions BEGIN Jets Balls minions......

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad