Confirmed with Link: Wade Redden Retires

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
But, but, but, I thought we were going to sign him. Since he's done, what's the word on Tomas Kaberle? :naughty:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
But, but, but, I thought we were going to sign him. Since he's done, what's the word on Tomas Kaberle? :naughty:

remember when people were so upset we gave up the mighty Joe C. and a 1st to get Kaberle?

Sucked so bad we got the cup out of that trade didn't it. I miss Big Joe #2 he is tearing up the NHL these days. :sarcasm:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
remember when people were so upset we gave up the mighty Joe C. and a 1st to get Kaberle?

Sucked so bad we got the cup out of that trade didn't it. I miss Big Joe #2 he is tearing up the NHL these days. :sarcasm:

I get what you're saying, but it's not really how you should look at it, imo. A top prospect and a first round pick was a lot to move for a dude who was terrible here, regardless of how that prospect turned out and regardless of who that pick turned into. I also disagree that the Kaberle deal was okay because of the cup win. If anything, they won despite him, and while the cup win makes it easier to take, the trade was still a terrible move.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Surprisingly solid here and one of the more underrated d-men in the game when he was in his prime.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Good guy. Sad that he had to end his career as mostly an AHLer because of his contract, but still an impressive career regardless. One of the better defenseman in the league pre-lockout. He's definitely underrated because of that contract.

Happy retirement.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In terms of Redden, he was better than I expected when he was here last season. It wasn't enough to make me want them to sign him, but he was serviceable in a pinch.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
If not for Wade Redden, we wouldn't have this gem...

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I get what you're saying, but it's not really how you should look at it, imo. A top prospect and a first round pick was a lot to move for a dude who was terrible here, regardless of how that prospect turned out and regardless of who that pick turned into. I also disagree that the Kaberle deal was okay because of the cup win. If anything, they won despite him, and while the cup win makes it easier to take, the trade was still a terrible move.

yes we have been down this road before about the deal. I understand what you are saying as well but to me all the planets have to align and Kab's was one the the planets that had to align for everything to go the way we needed it to in order to win at that specific time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->