W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Meir goes 1st round IMO, a lot better from last year and not by a little but by a lot, makes scouts see great upside in the sense he is getting better and better...had a good world juniors imo....excellent speed, great hands, good vision, exciting to watch, uses his size, makes things happen on the ice, this guy is rising and IMO could very well see himself go any where from 15 down to 30 in the 1st.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That's how I see it, Ehlers can play with anyone and make points - No doubt Meier is good, but you need a good player to score on all the assists Meier dishes up, most of his pts are With Ehlers, thats no coincidence.

Again, Timo is talented and I would love him in Vancouver, but the Jets Could benefit from him and Ehlers chemistry.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I don't see any way that the Jets grab Timo with their first overall pick in 2015. Chemistry from Jr rarely carries over to the NHL.

Not oversized (6'0) and not overly good at skating, I don't see him as a first rounder in a very good draft year. If he's still available second round when Jets pick, maybe they grab him then.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I don't see any way that the Jets grab Timo with their first overall pick in 2015. Chemistry from Jr rarely carries over to the NHL.

Not oversized (6'0) and not overly good at skating, I don't see him as a first rounder in a very good draft year. If he's still available second round when Jets pick, maybe they grab him then.

he is 6'00 but has good strength and uses it well, his skating is not bad, he is not a bad skater actually, he has good speed and amazing hands at top speed.......this draft year is a strong year but some of the guys who are suppose to be doing amazing like Barzal, Konecny, N Roy, Colin White are all doing a little subpar to what was expected and some might fall and Meir is there waiting for who ever does...

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010

Meier is listed at 6'0, 209, he's very strong, has great strength. He's a also a good skater and has way more attributes than that as well.

Such a solid player whi can do it all, he'll be a 1st roubd pick, IMO.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Meier was almost eligible for last year's draft, wasn't he? Sometimes that extra age seems to hold a player's draft value back a bit....

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Meier was almost eligible for last year's draft, wasn't he? Sometimes that extra age seems to hold a player's draft value back a bit....

He was barely old enough, by like 3 weeks. And he was overshadowed, of course, as he quietly played a steady game while adapting to his new life in N.Am.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

He's actually a good skater and plays bigger than his 6'0 209lb frame.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

He's a pretty good skater...

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Meier is listed at 6'0, 209, he's very strong, has great strength. He's a also a good skater and has way more attributes than that as well.

Such a solid player whi can do it all, he'll be a 1st roubd pick, IMO.

According to http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/timo-meier/21295/

Projected to be drafted 61st overall -- A winger with a great wrist and slapshot who loves to use it. His quick release makes it hard for goaltenders to track the shot. Uses all of his shot arsenal. Good first steps and speed but could be more agile. Has a good offensive mind and is always looking to put himself in a good shooting spot. Good play away from the puck in the offensive zone, though not in his own zone. Tends to make blind passes and turns the puck over too many times. Improved his physical play and is willing to use his body but still needs to use his size better in corner battles and while protecting the puck. Rather shoots than passes. Shows hockey sense and is making himself always available for a pass. His point production exploded this season and he elevated his game to a new level but this should be enjoyed with caution as he is on the teams most dominant offensive line together with 9th overall pick Nikolaj Ehlers. --Dennis Schellenberg, www.scouting-factory.blogspot.com

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North

Projected to be drafted 61st overall -- A winger with a great wrist and slapshot who loves to use it. His quick release makes it hard for goaltenders to track the shot. Uses all of his shot arsenal. Good first steps and speed but could be more agile. Has a good offensive mind and is always looking to put himself in a good shooting spot. Good play away from the puck in the offensive zone, though not in his own zone. Tends to make blind passes and turns the puck over too many times. Improved his physical play and is willing to use his body but still needs to use his size better in corner battles and while protecting the puck. Rather shoots than passes. Shows hockey sense and is making himself always available for a pass. His point production exploded this season and he elevated his game to a new level but this should be enjoyed with caution as he is on the teams most dominant offensive line together with 9th overall pick Nikolaj Ehlers. --Dennis Schellenberg, www.scouting-factory.blogspot.com

Watch him play.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

IMO they need to update their report on him, not that accurate IMO, Meir would do well without Ehlers on the team and did so when Ehlers was at camp as well.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I really liked his play in the WJHC. I'd love for the Jets to get him, but just don't know if he's the BPA if we end up in the 12-16 range.

Fingers crossed he would last to our 2nd, or that we could move our 2nd up a bit though.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
I could see Nashville taking him to play with Fiala. Would be a good fit. And yes, he does play much bigger than his 6' height. Strong on his skates and tall posture. His shot is pretty close to the power of Ehlers' but more accurate I'd say.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I could see Nashville taking him to play with Fiala. Would be a good fit. And yes, he does play much bigger than his 6' height. Strong on his skates and tall posture. His shot is pretty close to the power of Ehlers' but more accurate I'd say.

Funny, I see it the other way around :laugh:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I could see Tampa taking him with their later 1st rounder (if they still have 2 come draft time).

I think we'd maybe lean more towards a Russian like Korostelev, but as a half-Swiss I'd be more than okay with taking Timo if one of our picks is in the 25-30 range.

Then again, why not both?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

I am not too sure they are into drafting Raffi Torres clones like you guys are.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
The one time I saw him play (Quebec @ Halifax in December), he made a lot of really poor decisions with the puck that would usually involve him trying to take it through 4 guys and losing it. He still scored and had an assist I think, but I was not at all impressed with his game outside of his speed and puck control. Clearly had potential but not great awareness from my impression.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
First time watching him, and he looked really good. Plays aggressive in his puck pursuit and has some nice mitts. I'd gladly take him with the Pens pick if he's still there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad