W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Timo has 3 assist in his return from the World Jrs and it's only in the 2nd period.

Edit: Timo 4 assist and Ehlers 3g 1a in the 3rd period wit 12 mins to go.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Loved what I saw from Meier in the world juniors. What a player. A coach's dream. I think he's an early 2nd rounder right now but I can totally see teams picking him mid-late in the 1st as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of scouts or even NHL GMs fell in love with him during WJC, I know I did.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Crazy thing is that tonight it seemed more like Ehlers benefited from playing with Meier instead of the other way around. Meier really did the work on those goals.

Seemed like he was just a step faster than usual tonight as well.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
Crazy thing is that tonight it seemed more like Ehlers benefited from playing with Meier instead of the other way around. Meier really did the work on those goals.

Seemed like he was just a step faster than usual tonight as well.

There's been plenty nights like those for Meier. He has a high ceiling, just very unknown to the hype. I see him being an early to mid second rounder, and whoever selects him is getting a first round prospect. Meier's a stud.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Pro size and solid numbers even if he is paired with Ehlers. Should be a first round pick by the final rankings. Id be surprised if he wasnt top 30.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
The 3rd assist to Ehlers was almost as impressive as that one. It almost seems like he's just throwing the puck blindly and Ehlers happens to be there every time. They're real connected right now.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Depending on how early the Jets pick in the 1st, I would like see if Meier can be had in the 2nd. I don't think he makes it past 40th, and can see him as early as 20th. Someone that the Oilers should target with the Pens' 1st?

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Depending on how early the Jets pick in the 1st, I would like see if Meier can be had in the 2nd. I don't think he makes it past 40th, and can see him as early as 20th. Someone that the Oilers should target with the Pens' 1st?

Honestly, Meier is a player every teams should target. He plays the game the right way and he has very good upside. He'll be a mid 1st round pick imo. So valuable.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Honestly, Meier is a player every teams should target. He plays the game the right way and he has very good upside. He'll be a mid 1st round pick imo. So valuable.

I love Meier and think he has put himself into 1st round territory... but mid 1st is going to be hard... in my mind there are already 19 guys pretty much guaranteed to go in the 1st:

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Kylington
Zacha
Crouse
Werenski
Rantanen
Provorov
J. Roy
Sprong
Merkley
Svechnikov
Barzal
Connor
Konency
White

Someone could really take a liking to him and draft him high, but I think it is more likely he goes 25-35.

I really wanted the Flyers to get a 2nd and take him! The kid has everything, and did have last year as well, just he was not producing last year.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
I love Meier and think he has put himself into 1st round territory... but mid 1st is going to be hard... in my mind there are already 19 guys pretty much guaranteed to go in the 1st:

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Kylington
Zacha
Crouse
Werenski
Rantanen
Provorov
J. Roy
Sprong
Merkley
Svechnikov
Barzal
Connor
Konency
White

Someone could really take a liking to him and draft him high, but I think it is more likely he goes 25-35.

I really wanted the Flyers to get a 2nd and take him! The kid has everything, and did have last year as well, just he was not producing last year.

Fair enough. Still, I believe Meier is right after these guys, a maybe can go before a few of them. I think 15-25, IMO.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Kylington
Zacha
Crouse
Werenski
Rantanen
Provorov
J. Roy
Sprong
Merkley
Svechnikov
Barzal
Connor
Konency
White

All it takes is one team to like a player, and crazier things have happened at the draft.

I had high expectations for Meier coming into the season, but not this high. Since returning from the WJC he's on the same ice as Ehlers while the rest watch. His speed and confidence are at an all time high no doubt.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Is it possible teams will think he might be benefitting of playing with Ehlers? Before Ehlers himself was drafted, people claimed he was benefitting from playing with Drouin (even though they only played together on the PP)

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
Is it possible teams will think he might be benefitting of playing with Ehlers? Before Ehlers himself was drafted, people claimed he was benefitting from playing with Drouin (even though they only played together on the PP)

Yeah those would be the critics on HFBoards who'll assume that once he gets drafted. If you watch the games it's almost like Ehler's is benefiting from him this season.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah those would be the critics on HFBoards who'll assume that once he gets drafted. If you watch the games it's almost like Ehler's is benefiting from him this season.

I think that is stretching it just a bit.

I think they are benefiting from each other :nod:

It's not like they have been playing together all season?

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think that is stretching it just a bit.

I think they are benefiting from each other :nod:

It's not like they have been playing together all season?

I agree that Meier is playing very well with Ehlers, and they are a potent duo. But Ehlers seems to be able to produce with everyone.

How many players score on both of those assists by Meier? On the first, Ehlers plays the space perfectly, and then makes a great move and shot to score. On the second, Ehlers makes a perfect pass to Meier at the far blue line and then finds space and makes a fabulous one-time shot for the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad