Proposal: W. Nylander, Kerfoot, N. Robertson For B. Tkachuk

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yooooo I was wondering why everyone wasn't crapping on the leafs for this and then I re-read and it said B tkachuk LOL.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well, Ottawa probably WOULD take this deal, as they are already like one of Toronto's farm system teams & love to get any of the players the Leafs are done with on their roster.

But it's way too much for Toronto to give up.

So...........decline.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Personally I’d prefer Tkachuk. He has better tools than his brother and his brother is definitely worth more than the package being offered. Brady could turn out better than Matt.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Who was the last player to return this much?

Who was the last guy drafted top 5, who scored 20 goals in his post draft season while being a physical beast and a likely future captain, who was traded less than a month into the following season by his rebuilding club?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nylander has more raw skill...but Brady is quickly turning into the heart & soul of the Sens. The kid is already a fan favorite and brings a unique skillset to the NHL that only a handful of guys in the league have.

Ask Washington fans how much it would take for them to move Tom Wilson right after they won the Cup.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Neither team does that trade, obviously.
Melnyk won't spend a dime more than he's obligated to and well, the value is way off from TOR perspective.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nylander (on a stretch) alone is worth Tkachuk
Nope not in any realm of reality that a leaf fan doesnt live in. He is so perimiter you couldnt find more opposite players in the league. When Tkachuk is done developing he is going to be an absolute force. He already impacts a game way more than Nylander. Sens need elite assets not secondary pieces they have lots of those and lots of assets coming that can land those types of players.

Reactions: DFF

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Tzachuk is probably the best player in the trade but the Leafs would still have to say no. One reason is the Leaf don't have good centre depth. Losing Kerfoot would force who....Gauthier or Shore in the 3C. Heck Nylander is probably next up at centre if either one of the top three centres are injured.
Thinking long term, the Leafs probably like the 10.5m combined contracts for Kerfoot and Nylander.
If Nylander (or Kapanen or Johnson) were to be traded, it would be for a Dman.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, Ottawa probably WOULD take this deal, as they are already like one of Toronto's farm system teams & love to get any of the players the Leafs are done with on their roster.

But it's way too much for Toronto to give up.

So...........decline.
No chance in hell ottawa takes this deal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It is not factual, so they wouldn't forget.
I guess you just didnt watch the games or dont understand hockey. Its one of the two.

Hey leaf fans how about White, Tierney, Pinto and a 2nd for Marner. Oh you dont want to do it? Ok no problem I dont blame you.

Reactions: DFF

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I disagree with most of the people here it seems. Take out Kerfoot (a redundancy for Ottawa) and it fits a need. Ottawa needs a 1c more than anything. Nylander isn't one but could fill as one. Who knows, he could even become one long term until Ottawa drafts one.

Toronto might lose a lot of offensive production in this trade but gains playoff grit. Toronto is built for the first 82 games of the year, Tkachuk is built for the other 28.

Nylander ++ for Tkachuk seems like a great trade to me

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I guess you just didnt watch the games or dont understand hockey. Its one of the two.

Hey leaf fans how about White, Tierney, Pinto and a 2nd for Marner. Oh you dont want to do it? Ok no problem I dont blame you.
It is neither of the two.

No, no one would want to do that. No blame to go around.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I disagree with most of the people here it seems. Take out Kerfoot (a redundancy for Ottawa) and it fits a need. Ottawa needs a 1c more than anything. Nylander isn't one but could fill as one. Who knows, he could even become one long term until Ottawa drafts one.

Toronto might lose a lot of offensive production in this trade but gains playoff grit. Toronto is built for the first 82 games of the year, Tkachuk is built for the other 28.

Nylander ++ for Tkachuk seems like a great trade to me
Not for the sens. 0 interest at Nylander and the extra fluff for a player like Tkachuk.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

That is not true.

Yes it is and here is why. Tkachuk is exactly the type of player the leafs need they just arent getting him for that package.

The confusion here lies in leaf fans thinking Kerfoot Robertson and the 2nd really carry any extra value for Ottawa. The sens have 5 second round picks in the next 2 drafts. They just drafted 3 players ahead of Robertson last year (i like the player but he doesnt fill a need). At center they have White, Brown, Tierney, Pageau, Chlapik, Ansimov, and Norris. There is absolutely no need for Kerfoot, he brings nothing they dont already have.

So ultimately its Tkachuk for Nylander which only the most biased Leaf fan would possibly think that Nylander carries more value. He has been an absolute no show in the playoffs and is a complimentary piece. Tkachuk is already a way more impactful player and has way more developing to go. He is a force already and plays with White and a fill in plug. Tkachuk isnt close to being done he put on 15 pounds last year and is still growing. While Nylander as a smaller skilled player is ptetty much finished developing. The sens need elite first line players not going to be doing a quantity for quality trade when the team has so little quality to begin with.

So ill say it again would the leafs do White, Tierney, Pinto and a 2nd for Marner? No they wouldnt same package as the leafs have provided for the sens.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not for the sens. 0 interest at Nylander and the extra fluff for a player like Tkachuk.

I think then we would agree to disagree. You win down the middle this league, most teams are better with Tkachuk but teams like Arizona and Ottawa would more with a centre than a winger at this point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think then we would agree to disagree. You win down the middle this league, most teams are better with Tkachuk but teams like Arizona and Ottawa would more with a centre than a winger at this point.
Nylander doesnt play center........ And if you watch him its easy to identify why he hates the middle of the ice. Tkachuk plays in the middle of the ice way more. I dont dissagree the centers are more impactful but that has nothing to do with this deal. Tkachuk pulls his team into the battle Ottawa needs this type of player. They are going to finish in the bottom 3 for sure atleast this season probably next too. They have 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next 2 drafts plus more assets to trade. They will have a chance to aquire a center not at the expense of the best forward on the team they just drafted 4th overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad