W. Nylander + Ehlers vs Drouin + MacKinnon

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Really love ehlers and nylander , two of my favorites up and coming players.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I see similar value, but I think the 2013 pair have the higher ceiling and that tips the scales for me. Always thought Drouin had the potential to be a superstar in the NHL. I think this season may be his time to become one of the NHL's brightest stars. Mackinnon should bounce back and get back on track too.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Interesting to see it so close. Nylander and Ehlers as player archetypes do remind me quite a bit of Drouin and MacKinnon. The draft pedigree is a bit different whereas Nylander and Ehlers have arguably had better results lately so I was very curious about how their power levels would be perceived.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting to see it so close. Nylander and Ehlers as player archetypes do remind me quite a bit of Drouin and MacKinnon. The draft pedigree is a bit different whereas Nylander and Ehlers have arguably had better results lately so I was very curious about how their power levels would be perceived.

What's a power level? Please tell me it's not that dragon ball z thing.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I like 2014 for their achievable ceilings but if everything hit, 2013 would be crazy.
Mack and Drouin have crazy upsides, though they might not translate.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Drouin + Mackinnon would be like Datsyuk Zetterberg line jr. Quite a bit better than the other pair

Drafted with higher expectations, but they haven't proven they're better than Nylander and Ehlers. Willie also didn't **** and moan over playing in the AHL for a season to help his development and demand a trade. I don't think it's fair to make the comparison today when Colorado just had a horrible season and Drouin's break out year doesn't even result in him matching either Ehlers or Nylander's totals. It's pretty slanted and favored towards the only info we know, that Ehlers and Nylander were better last season. If this is a poll based solely on potential and the assumption that all 4 players reach it then I could see people voting Mack and Drouin, but not based on the results we current have.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Good poll. If I were starting a franchise with this choice and had to roll the dice, I'd go with Mac and Drouin. I think the potential there is greater. I really think Mac would do so much better on any other team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This one's interesting.
Nathan MacKinnon is probably the overall best player, and only real NHL centre of the bunch. So that makes a bit of a difference. All are really excellent players though; this is a solid poll.

More or less:
Do you want 2 gifted offensive wingers
OR
Do you want 1 gifted offensive centre and 1 gifted offensive winger.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Drafted with higher expectations, but they haven't proven they're better than Nylander and Ehlers. Willie also didn't **** and moan over playing in the AHL for a season to help his development and demand a trade. I don't think it's fair to make the comparison today when Colorado just had a horrible season and Drouin's break out year doesn't even result in him matching either Ehlers or Nylander's totals. It's pretty slanted and favored towards the only info we know, that Ehlers and Nylander were better last season. If this is a poll based solely on potential and the assumption that all 4 players reach it then I could see people voting Mack and Drouin, but not based on the results we current have.

Well if NHL stops once and for all and players wont develop then maybe I see your point. However this current situation doesnt last long as these about 20 y Olds continue their progress.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Well if NHL stops once and for all and players wont develop then maybe I see your point. However this current situation doesnt last long as these about 20 y Olds continue their progress.

The younger guys are going to improve too. I just don't think Mack and Drouin are in a position to challenge the offensive production of Ehlers and Nylander moving forward. Maybe it doesn't mean they're the worse pair, but they won't stand out in the NHL playing for a poorly managed Colorado team or Montreal who I'm not even sure has a true #1 Center to play Drouin with.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It was fun to watch those 3 players for a couple of years with the Mooseheads.

Based on what we've seen so far I'd have to go with Nylander and Ehlers but I expect Drouin and MacKinnon to bounce back over the next couple years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->