RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
An article "Where has Michkov vanished?" Куда пропал главный талант российского хоккея. Мичков не играет из-за коронавируса или конфликта с партнерами - 26 ноября 2020 - Sport24

Pretty lousy journalism to my taste. First they talk about rumors, that Michkov has a conflict with his team-mates, then they say, those rumors are hardly believable and then they say, that according to their sources, Michkov had COVID but has already recovered and got back to the ice.
That sports24 whoever owns it played itself ouside my grace very quickly. So many badly researched over disgracefully opportunistic to plain lying articles in like a month.

edit: And heeeeere we go again. They are obviously on a crusade against Rotenberg. Just another article about Miroshnichenko(in which the vastly exagerate his talent level for hype purposes). But somehow it is still Rotenberg who is the bad guy. I mean, I don't like Rotenberg at the helm of FHR, but I am not going to accuse him based on "as per our sources" without any hint to the sources.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Hilarious" isn't saying anything, it's just you trying to act like a smartass. The actual argument you now say you were trying to make would have been "well actually, there is like a one in a million chance Michkov of all people has an extremely complicated case of covid and is now being treated for at least twice as long as the usual covid case considered serious for a human his age". Very reasonable, thank you for you insight.

No problem.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he’s been off the ice for two weeks, it’s not unusual that he might be available but on a training plan where he’s eased back into the team. There’s no reason he needs to be thrown back in there if he’s unfit to play.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Interesting scenario. Lingering COVID symptoms seems like the obvious guess. Just because youre no longer contagious doesn't mean all the symptoms will instantly disappear.

Do they just ignore all questions about him completely? (from reporters not random twitter users)

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Back to hockey talk: Why was Michkov not included in the Russia u18 camp? I thought he would surely be a star on the team. Does anyone know why this would be?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Back to hockey talk: Why was Michkov not included in the Russia u18 camp? I thought he would surely be a star on the team. Does anyone know why this would be?

Camp was closed 2 days ago, and Michkov hasn't been playing since October, 30. I guess, the answer to your question is obvious.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Camp was closed 2 days ago, and Michkov hasn't been playing since October, 30. I guess, the answer to your question is obvious.

I guess my question was more along the lines of does this mean Michkov has no chance to make that roster? Must he be at camp to make the team?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Again, why? KHL had close to 200 covid cases by now. No players were out for more than 2 weeks. What am I missing here?
Looks fishy to me and it doesn't mean you can't be sick for more than 2 weeks.
By the way, do you take the information about the number of new cases of covid-19 per day from state officials at face value?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks fishy to me and it doesn't mean you can't be sick for more than 2 weeks.
By the way, do you take the information about the number of new cases of covid-19 per day from state officials at face value?
Again, I'm not saying nobody nobody can. I meant a very young athlete. And I understand he still can but it's but the possibility is unbelievably tiny.

Regarding the latter question, if you mean in Russia, I don't take it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad