W Marko Dano (2013, 27th overall, Columbus)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
October-February - 15gp, 3g, 3a, 6pts, +0, 0pim

March-April - 17gp, 5g, 8a, 13pts, +10, 14pim (only 1 game with a negative +/-, -1)

Nikita Gucherov

Mar 12, 2015
What makes it even more impressive is that they are all even strength points (he is averaging just over 13 minutes per game and doesn't see any PP time) and he averages almost 3 hits per game (i.e. 2.9).

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
He's going to be a very steady productive pro; despite his small stature he is a pretty tough kid, his skating is underrated and he is a very creative player around the net. He'll make a great 3rd line winger for a lot of years but can play up and down the line-up.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Shocked at how good he has been. I think the next step in his development will be dealing with teams that have tape of him and can gameplan against the Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano line.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I continue to be more and more impressed with his offensive skill. He's super slick with the puck but also plays heavily without it.

KlichkoBro*

Dano averages more points per 60 minutes of ice time than Johansen. And Johansen gets all the PP time in the world while Dano gets nothing.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Seriously wow, so would it be fair to expect a 50pts season next year

Lots of things can and will change. First, there is the possibility of a sophomore slump. Second, the team may limit his NHL time by either having him in the AHL for much of the year or manage his NHL minutes. Third, the Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano line has surprised a lot of teams so they may start guarding against it harder with tougher match ups.

I have really liked what I have seen from Dano. He has the skating, shot, passing, and stick handling of an NHL scorer. He is willing to go to the dirty areas or battle along the boards. Lots of potential but we should limit expectations because he has a ways to go yet.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Dano averages more points per 60 minutes of ice time than Johansen. And Johansen gets all the PP time in the world while Dano gets nothing.

Yeah but Dano has a 103.2 PDO while Johansen has a 99.8 suggesting that Dano is getting some puck luck while Johansen is producing at an expected level. Dano is a really good prospect but that doesn't mean he's going to keep his points per 60 up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not sure what happend to him. He does have the tools. Hopefully he dominates in Olympics and gets a NHL contract.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dano is a great advertisement for selling high on a young player who has a fluke run.

Columbus turned him -> Brandon Saad -> Artemi Panarin and then the guy struggled to clear 0.5 points/game in the AHL in the 5 years after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->