C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's the best of the 2004-born Czech players for the upcoming draft, and I would not be surprised if he started getting a lot more hype as the season goes on. Really talented player with the puck and he skates very well. He's probably about tied with Slavicek for offensive tools, but the big difference I see between the two is that Kulich skates a lot better. Kulich is a very good skater with his straight ahead speed and edge work. He led the Czech's in points at the Hlinka and was also the captain.

Jiri Kulich at eliteprospects.com

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The center of the first line (with Redlich and Průžek) in the preseason game (Karlovy Vary-A-team vs Sokolov, one assist)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Jiří Kulich scored his first goal for the Karlovy Vary A-team (preseason game K.Vary - Sparta)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I wonder where scouts currently sees Kulich in the draft. I'm not sure it's generally in the top 100. This is the player for the first two rounds.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should I change the thread title to center? I didn’t think he looked like a center, but the Czech fans would know better than I would.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Looks like you called it, @Pavel Buchnevich. Impressive Hlinka, mature game, good skater, projectable frame and being utilized in all situations as a center in Extraliga where he will be 17 years-old for the entire season (not turning 18 until April). Seems like a lot to like and has set himself up to skyrocket in the 2022 NHL draft rankings. I love guys who are kinda under the radar but then have explosive development leading up to and into their draft year - it's the kind of trajectory you want to see out of a real blue chip kid. I'll be interested to see just how high he can climb. But he seems to be evolving into the level of forward prospect that the Czech's have lacked recently.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Looks like you called it, @Pavel Buchnevich. Impressive Hlinka, mature game, good skater, projectable frame and being utilized in all situations as a center in Extraliga where he will be 17 years-old for the entire season (not turning 18 until April). Seems like a lot to like and has set himself up to skyrocket in the 2022 NHL draft rankings. I love guys who are kinda under the radar but then have explosive development leading up to and into their draft year - it's the kind of trajectory you want to see out of a real blue chip kid. I'll be interested to see just how high he can climb. But he seems to be evolving into the level of forward prospect that the Czech's have lacked recently.
I really like his game. I haven't seen much, but he has practically everything. He skates well, has a good shot, can use the body, has a good hockey IQ. Black horse for the upcoming draft.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think he's the best of the 2004-born Czech players for the upcoming draft, and I would not be surprised if he started getting a lot more hype as the season goes on. Really talented player with the puck and he skates very well. He's probably about tied with Slavicek for offensive tools, but the big difference I see between the two is that Kulich skates a lot better. Kulich is a very good skater with his straight ahead speed and edge work. He led the Czech's in points at the Hlinka and was also the captain.

Jiri Kulich at eliteprospects.com

Jiri Kulich made an amazing debut in Czechia 1. But I think the best Czech player born in 2004 is Tomas Hamara.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Jiri Kulich made an amazing debut in Czechia 1. But I think the best Czech player born in 2004 is Tomas Hamara.
I guess you're right. Hamara has been injured for a long time, so he's a little off the radar. If he got in shape, he could get on the WCH U20 and be part of one of the best Czech defenses in its history at the championship. He certainly has the potential for that. Of course, I want Kulich to do the same, who should have a much easier role, the Czech team will be much weaker in the attack, unlike the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad