W Jimmy Clark - Edina High School, USHS-MN (2023, 213th, MIN)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of the older 2023 Draft Eligibles. Had 3 points in 13 games in the USHL this season. Plays primarily for his high school team. Committed to Minnesota for 23-24.

My notes on what I saw from him this season.

Clark: Big winger with good hands, sense, and playmaking. Good scoring potential. Edges aren’t bad, but he’s not very fast. 2023 draft eligible. Has a chance to be an early round pick next year.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Clark was a player I couldn't help but notice every time I watched Green Bay this year. He seems very intelligent and is good at applying constant pressure all over the ice in all situations. Excellent awareness of the play and has the ability to read defenses well with possession and without.

He looks like a solid mid-round pick, late 3rd-5th

Reactions: Realgud

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
7th round for him=steal. In Judd Brackett we trust.

My pipe dream is that the Wild can became an academy for Minnesota born players, and they start taking a disproportionate amount of players from the state. The players are there. I wish they'd do it. Would be fun to follow.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

I think he’s very underrated, and you’ll see him make a big impact at Minnesota next year as a true freshman. He’s a gritty two-way center with sneaky offensive ability. In a way, he reminds me of Matt Knies, although he’s probably like two inches shorter, not as heavy, a center as opposed to a winger, but the heavy game is similar in his puck pursuit and holding onto the puck in the offensive zone, he has more skill and scoring ability than you think, and then the skating is a little wonky. I think his skating is fine, but his stride is very choppy. Last season I thought it was bad. This season, I’d say it looks wonky, but not actually a big issue. I think his speed is probably pretty close to NHL replacement level. He’ll most likely be a late round pick, but I would not hesitate to take him round 3 or 4 because I think there’s some untapped potential to how he plays.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The question with Clark is what he is going to be at the pro level. Is he a skilled, offensive player, or a grit, bottom six player? I can see him going both ways. It's possible, but unlikely that he can be a "heavy" scorer, like Knies.

One thing for sure, he will really need to work on his skating. You can say that about most prospects, but for him it applies more than most. He's not big enough to "big" his way through the game.

I'll take him as a 7th rounder, but I also liked Jake Fisher(undrafted).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He will probably play games based on his profile. We’ll see if he can carve out a career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad