W James Hong - Waterloo Blackhawks, USHL (2023 undrafted)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
24 points in 61 games this season. Former Anaheim Junior Duck.

My notes from what I watched of him this season.

Hong: Undersized winger with good speed and hands. He buzzes around the ice and plays with a lot of energy. Not sure he’s a player with any defined strength, either offensively or defensively, aside from he brings energy. He’s 2023 draft eligible, so let’s wait a year to figure out an exact range, but I do think he’s a pick in 2023.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
7 Points in his last 5 this season.
Do you think he'll be drafted?

I noticed because he is pretty talented compared to most East Asian prospects in general (even if he was born in the US), and he has NHL Viable size as well unlike Aito Iguchi.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
7 Points in his last 5 this season.
Do you think he'll be drafted?

I noticed because he is pretty talented compared to most East Asian prospects in general (even if he was born in the US), and he has NHL Viable size as well unlike Aito Iguchi.

He should be drafted. 12 points in 15 games.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Good skillset. Feet just need to improve given he isn’t very big.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get drafted. Had a bad season. Only had 25 points in 57 games. Already playing internationally for South Korea at the Men's Level.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

Don’t like his game as much as I did last season. His skating is worse than I thought. For 5’9, he’s a bad skater. His scoring skills are good, but not so good that I’d say he’s a pick this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad