W Davis Burnside - Ohio State, Big-10

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
43 points in 60 games in the USHL this season. Committed to Ohio State. One of the older first-year draft eligibles.

My notes on what I saw of Burnside this season.

Burnside: Right-shot winger with good hockey sense, work-ethic, edges, and some scoring ability. A little undersized, not too fast, offensive skills aren’t too great. Hard to see it all translating to an NHL’er, but worth a pick. Probably somewhere in the round 5-7 range.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Nice start for Ohio State as a sophomore (4-6-10 in 13 games). No longer draft eligible, any chance he receives a development camp invite next summer?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Man, you'd benefit from getting some streaming services (FloHockey, etc.) given how much interest you have in bumping these threads/creating them haha

The thing to watch for with Burnside is the process for getting goals. Has that evolved at all? Is he better near the net (transferably so?)? Can he avoid logos with his shot now? That was the problem for me when he was in DM. Has speed, work effort...lacks creativity/vision. So, does he have pro goals in him? If someone sees that, he's an invite candidate...if not, it's just a fast skater with no place to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad