LW James Swan - Halifax Mooseheads (2022 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just as might add his name/thread too, he, like many Moose rookies, seems to be a keeper

download.php

5 foot 7 / 188 lbs
Shoots : L
Ville St-Laurent, QC / 2004-01-02
2022 Draft Eligible

2020-2021 so far : 13 games | 4+6=10 | -2 | 2 pim | 17 sog

Reactions: deschercro

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
Easy to make threads by looking at stats without even seeing them play.

Then add in there are only 7-8 teams playing, and voila!

Going to guess Riley Kidney is next, he’s actually a kid that deserves one now.
I don’t have the ability to thank posts but you deserve one haha

Also I am going to check out Riley Kidney.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This forum is to have discussion on prospects, whether you like it or not; Swan is a potential NHLer, he went 28th overall for a reason in the QMJHL draft and is putting up solid stats as a 16 year old even if he’s playing against the same 4/5 teams.

I know George makes a lot of threads and even I may take shots at him at times too but he’s a passionate hockey fan like you and I, let him be. This is far from his worst thread on these forums.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
This forum is to have discussion on prospects, whether you like it or not; Swan is a potential NHLer, he went 28th overall for a reason in the QMJHL draft and is putting up solid stats as a 16 year old even if he’s playing against the same 4/5 teams.

I know George makes a lot of threads and even I may take shots at him at times too but he’s a passionate hockey fan like you and I, let him be. This is far from his worst thread on these forums.
To add to your post, Swan was actually recognized as one of the best prospects in Quebec (in his age group) at one point due to his Bantam AAA stats.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

His one in ten that is actually a legitimate prospect.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
His work ethic and motor on the ice are the best I have ever seen, so I won't bet against him. In terms of skillset, I don't see a NHL level one yet, but he's a very good player.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
James Swan was one of the best 2004 prospects in all of Quebec while in Bantam, outplaying most 2003 top kids. Unfortunately he had a major injury that took a long time to recover from, here's hoping that he makes it.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Pretty fun player to watch and having my hometown moose constantly turning out players is great. Could be a good player down the road as he seems to have some solid instincts and uses his team mates well.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Him, obviously.

Most of your recent posts have been criticizing him for creating prospect threads for players you've deemed unworthy of a thread. Based on his recent history, the only questionable prospect is the tendy from Bathurst, the rest are legit whether they have a large junior sample size under them. A lot of the players he's posted are fairly high junior picks or players in the states putting up big numbers. If you have an issue with the threads, try to become a mod or an admin so you have control over that. Otherwise, I'd say you should stop saying anything because you aren't adding anything to the discussion and obviously don't know enough about the prospects if you think they don't warrant a thread. Or maybe try the ignore button, then you'll live in blissful ignorance of what he's posting.

Reactions: Leaves34

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Most of your recent posts have been criticizing him for creating prospect threads for players you've deemed unworthy of a thread. Based on his recent history, the only questionable prospect is the tendy from Bathurst, the rest are legit whether they have a large junior sample size under them. A lot of the players he's posted are fairly high junior picks or players in the states putting up big numbers. If you have an issue with the threads, try to become a mod or an admin so you have control over that. Otherwise, I'd say you should stop saying anything because you aren't adding anything to the discussion and obviously don't know enough about the prospects if you think they don't warrant a thread. Or maybe try the ignore button, then you'll live in blissful ignorance of what he's posting.
Desruisseaux was a high junior pick yes, but besides a small sample size this season against the same bottom feeder teams the most points he had in a season was 40. He’s severely undersized and isn’t above average in any aspect. I’ve only commented on 3 of his threads so maybe you should check your sources. I’ve seen all of these players live many times so I am quite informed of their abilities, obviously you and George can’t always say the same. You say I’m not contributing to these threads, when many shouldn’t be a thread in the first place. So I will say anything I like, have a nice day.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Dude is a special talent, needs more chatter, this thread.
Scored 2 great goals against Islanders.

14 points this season (0.77 ppg).
Anyone who’s followed him isn’t surprised by this.

great skater, probably elite at this point, high end motor, built like truck, plays like hes 6.4, does it all. Has a heavy shot, it’s accurate with a great release, not as skilled as the other moose rookies and doesn’t have the same offensive gifts, but he might be the most likely to play in the nhl and stick. Not a first rounder but don’t sleep on him, I’m not sure he’s got high end skill but at 19 he’ll hit 50 Goals in the Q.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
30 games in and this guy is a treat to watch every shift. Kid has an incredible motor and has his nose in the play all over the ice. Has mostly played 3rd line minutes which make his point totals quite impressive. Smart with soft hands and a scoring touch. If there is a team out there looking to roll the dice on this kid being the next Brad Marchand they should roll that dice. He’s the closest I’ve seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad