AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Anyone know how to get tweets to work on this site? I just get the Twitter logo

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Anyone know how to get tweets to work on this site? I just get the Twitter logo

Click the "Media" button in the reply area and it will bring up a pop up. Copy the address of the URL of the tweet ex: https:// twitter. com/jmarshfof/status/1225450435915456513

and the tweet will embed. In your reply box is will look like this:

MEDIA=twitter "Tweet Number" (the end of the URL above) /MEDIA

There are brackets around "MEDIA=twitter" and "/MEDIA"

I believe you can also just copy paste the URL and it will automatically do it.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Click the "Media" button in the reply area and it will bring up a pop up. Copy the address of the URL of the tweet ex: https:// twitter. com/jmarshfof/status/1225450435915456513

and the tweet will embed. In your reply box is will look like this:

MEDIA=twitter "Tweet Number" (the end of the URL above) /MEDIA

There are brackets around "MEDIA=twitter" and "/MEDIA"

I believe you can also just copy paste the URL and it will automatically do it.

Thanks but I mean viewing the tweets. Every post here that has a tweet in it I just get the twitter logo instead of the embedded tweet.

Reactions: StaalForOne

tkeagle

Jul 9, 2017
Statesboro GA
I just fixed it randomly (so this may not be the right fix for anyone else). Under Settings, I scrolled to Search Engine. I'm using DuckDuckGo, right under where it says "Search engine used in the address bar", it said something like DDgo was in charge of the privacy for this site. I clicked to delete that control by DDgo and the tweets show up now. Hope this helps!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I sussed that out but where is the R coming from? Chuchman would make sense.

Even he doesn't know.

Putting the 'R' in Czuczman - Manitoba Moose

WHAT’S IN A NAME?
It’s often the first thing that comes up when Kevin Czuczman deals with people for the first time – especially with fans or media covering hockey – how do you say your last name?
For the record, it’s “Church-man”.
And no, he doesn’t know where the “r” comes from. What he does know is that’s how his family has been saying it for years and he’s sticking with it.

Reactions: vabm8

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Who knows? :laugh: The British also like to put weird "r"s on things, maybe it's a hold over? Either way, someone should do a linguistic study on hockey player English.

Yeah, or something clerical. Toronto has Eglinton Ave and a lot of people pronounce it Eglington because, iirc, after looking it up, it was named after some Lord and a clerical error added the G or something to that effect. It was corrected over 100 years ago and all of the signs are Eglinton. Eglington isn’t going anywhere. Czuczman could have had an R at some point, erroneously or correctly.

Hockey player English? It’s some blows to the head and a lot of neglected educations.

Reactions: HandshakeLin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->