AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’d argue statistically he’s a pretty fantastic AHL call up.

Statistically speaking, it's less of an argument and more a statement of fact. Bunch of stuff one can argue with over Wilson, but the statistical results being great isn't one of them.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How much do the AHL/ECHL tweeners usually get on their AHL deal?

ECHL is basically room and board as your salary, right?

AHL pays like what...60-120k average?

So...I would assume +/-50k.

Reactions: wej20

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
ECHL is basically room and board as your salary, right?

AHL pays like what...60-120k average?

So...I would assume +/-50k.

So for the guys on AHL deals making the AHL means you live comfortably (never been to Wilkes-Barre but I imagine cost of living is reasonable) whereas in the ECHL you're living like a college student.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
So for the guys on AHL deals making the AHL means you live comfortably (never been to Wilkes-Barre but I imagine cost of living is reasonable) whereas in the ECHL you're living like a college student.

most likely. But I'm sure it's prorated and plundered by your agent plus if you don't break into NHL you might need to find a real job real quick.

I hope these kids are banking the few tens of thousands they're making.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I wouldn’t say you live comfortably. Go read some stories about the A and the ECHL. Brutal travel schedule. I’m sure it pays to play for a team like WBS tho’ where the NHL Club is heavily invested and involved.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I wouldn’t say you live comfortably. Go read some stories about the A and the ECHL. Brutal travel schedule. I’m sure it pays to play for a team like WBS tho’ where the NHL Club is heavily invested and involved.

I mean comfortable in the sense you can afford a decent place to live, decent car, a decent vacation etc. Travel I'm sure is brutal. The guys in the ECHL though are living pretty basic, trying to save every penny whereas the guys in WBS are able to afford a pretty decent middle class living.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
most likely. But I'm sure it's prorated and plundered by your agent plus if you don't break into NHL you might need to find a real job real quick.

I hope these kids are banking the few tens of thousands they're making.

I would love to see a survey of what ex-AHL and ECHLers are doing 20 years after retirement. My guess is the increasing middle classification of the sport/amount of guys going the college route means most of them are okay - they play, have a blast, then go into business or whatever, maybe become hockey coaches - but I'm guessing there's plenty of kids, particularly from the CHL, who just lived a long party then probably hit desperate straits. I know the CHL has a college fund for the kids who played there, but does that still kick in after a long pro career?

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I think a TON end up in real estate and insurance sales. They're "easy" careers.

Or quietly fold back into a family business if it exists.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
Elite Prospects - transaction for Chris Summers
Summers to Germany, Wilson, Wideman gone, Johnson, Powell (Ahl) signed.

Status updated:

Lafferty Johnson Angello
Agozzino Palve Haggerty
Miletic Blandisi DiPauli
Bellerive Cramarossa Björkqvist
Drozg Almeida Lucchini
Berger (Ahl) Hawkins (Ahl) Scarfo (Ahl)
Krastenbergs (Ahl) Chris Brown (Ahl) Sexton (Ahl) Powell (Ahl)

Still in juniors/college/Europe:
Gorman, Pavlychev, Hållander, Légaré, Poulin, Caulfield, Puustinen, Ölund

Gone: Burton, Wilson

UFA: Hayes, Cam Brown, McGrath

Joseph Trotman
Czuczman Warsofsky
Almari Erkamps (Ahl)
Abt (Ahl) Kim (Ahl)
Siebenaler (Ahl) Lizotte (Ahl)

Still in juniors/college/Europe: Philips, Reilly, Palojärvi, Addison, Airola, Jones

Gone: Erixon, Spinozzi, Birks, Prow, Wideman, Summers

UFA: Taylor

Jarry
Larmi
D’ Orio
Tokarski (Ahl)​

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Statistically speaking, it's less of an argument and more a statement of fact. Bunch of stuff one can argue with over Wilson, but the statistical results being great isn't one of them.

Weren’t his underlying metrics extremely strong, esp given QoT/QoC?

I really didn’t mind Wilson last year at all eye test wise either.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They finally did it. I forget which poster has been asking for this for years now.

WBS signed enforcer Jamie Devane and Yushi Hirano to AHL deals

Doesn't look like an enforcer.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone remember the poster on the official sites forums that posted drawings of Koltsov as an anthropomorphic horse?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Does anyone remember the poster on the official sites forums that posted drawings of Koltsov as an anthropomorphic horse?
My memory isn't what it used to be but the first thing that popped into my head was that her name began with a C or a K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad