AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Even funnier, some guy in the AHL beat McDavid as well and he lost balance before he finished so he would have actually had a better time than McDavid, which he already did.

This notion that McDavid is this insanely fast player is always some funny narrative on this board. Dude is fast, no doubt, but he is not the fastest. Like I said, do a team by team competition for each of the same drills and you get a better idea of who is actually faster than whom.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I still think McDavid is the fastest player I've ever seen play. But that includes being able to handle the puck and make plays at top speed and going from 0-60 better than anyone I've ever seen. There's so many facets to skating ability that lapping the rink without the puck is just not really a good measure of it in my opinion. Even just mistiming a cross-over can add like a half-second to your time.

Reactions: td_ice

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I still think McDavid is the fastest player I've ever seen play. But that includes being able to handle the puck and make plays at top speed and going from 0-60 better than anyone I've ever seen. There's so many facets to skating ability that lapping the rink without the puck is just not really a good measure of it in my opinion. Even just mistiming a cross-over can add like a half-second to your time.

Yep, McDavid is the fastest hockey player. This is hockey after all, not short track speed skating.

Reactions: td_ice

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Even funnier, some guy in the AHL beat McDavid as well and he lost balance before he finished so he would have actually had a better time than McDavid, which he already did.

This notion that McDavid is this insanely fast player
is always some funny narrative on this board. Dude is fast, no doubt, but he is not the fastest. Like I said, do a team by team competition for each of the same drills and you get a better idea of who is actually faster than whom.
I mean, 3 years in a row as the fastest skater. That is quite reasonable no?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
In that group of players. Sure. Not league wide.

And I hope blue gets some games finally.

Pretty obvious he's the best of that sample size. Fastest skater in the league?! Nah...
And besides that is just skating in circles. It's like Nascar for hockey fans.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pretty obvious he's the best of that sample size. Fastest skater in the league?! Nah...
And besides that is just skating in circles. It's like Nascar for hockey fans.
I'd love to see the speed numbers for guys like AA, Rust, Hagelin, etc...then compare.

Otherwise, sure, he's the leagues fastest in a group of 30 people.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

DyW1awWX0AAbGh1.jpg

Blandisi @ C.
I'd prefer he gets up with the big club tho. He or Angello.

Reactions: DegenX

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Does anyone want to take a moment and give mid-season grades?

A rough rating of the younger prospects minus the Deas/Bluegs/Blandisis/Haggertys/other vets:

Shown really good stuff to some good stuff:
Prow, Angello, Johnson, Lafferty, Militec

Meh:
Taylor, Olund

Incomplete:
DiPauli(another injury plagued season for him. he was going good when he went out too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad