AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Also important to get some guys that aren’t considered vets by AHL standards, like for instance Jordan Subban & Matt Peca.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Surprised they haven't announced or signed anyone yet.

Last year we signed 4 guys through the Pens.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He was a good prospect at one point. Been in Europe the last few years. By AHL standards he’s a top pairing guy that can QB the powerplay.

Reactions: Your Boy Troy

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
There was a time when I thought that Elliott was better than Tyson Barrie...

Good signing. To what Jacob has already alluded to, he is a pure puck-moving defenseman. He is on the softer side and has flaws defensively. However, WBS needs a defenseman like this.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yep, he's not blocking any prospects from QBing the PP.

Summers - Riikola
Czuczman - Elliott
Taylor - Birks
Masonius

I imagine they'll bring in one more vet to round out the group.

Reactions: Jacob

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wilson - Dea - Hayes
Lafferty - Blugers - Lindberg
Tiffels - Ohlund - Johnson
Miletic - Angello - DiPauli

Riikola - Trotman
Czuczman - Elliott
Taylor - Summers
Masonius - Birks

Jarry/DeSmith
Muse

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wilson - Dea - Hayes

Riikola - Trotman
Czuczman - Elliott
Taylor - Summers
Masonius - Birks

Jarry/DeSmith
Muse
Yep... looks about set. Also Prow was qualified right? Maybe re-sign Haggerty and/or Gardiner for forward depth.

A surprisingly low amount of turnover for a farm team.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think you're right. This is a big season for guys like Tiffels, Johnson and Di Pauli, hopefully they can prove the have some NHL upside.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
A guy that had almost 40 points in the NHL a few years ago and is still in his prime years should be a big time contributer for them.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Wilson - Dea - Hayes

Riikola - Trotman
Czuczman - Elliott
Taylor - Summers
Masonius - Birks

Jarry/DeSmith
Muse
I'm really interested to see how Angello, Ohlund, Johnson, and Miletic do. Also, Riikola and Prow on D.

I'm thinking DiPauli might have a nice year considering last year was basically his rookie season, after back surgery in 16-17.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not sure what Muse’s deal is.. 30 years old with no prior NHL experience and has spent almost every pro season splitting between the AHL and ECHL, however his numbers at both levels are excellent. Since he’s a former Hockey East kid maybe he’s on Buckley’s recommendation.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wilson - Dea - Hayes

Riikola - Trotman
Czuczman - Elliott
Taylor - Summers
Masonius - Birks

Jarry/DeSmith
Muse

Maybe those who follow the AHL will know better, but that lineup looks really shallow in terms of future NHL players.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Maybe those who follow the AHL will know better, but that lineup looks really shallow in terms of future NHL players.

There's nothing high end there (other than Jarry if he ends up sent down) but I think there's a decent chance of getting some more decent bottom sixers from that lot, with maybe a Rust if we're lucky. There's a lot of guys there who are either a decent size and really fast/bloody big and decently quick, which is a good start. Olund and Blugers seem to be the exceptions, but they both seems to have the IQ and puck skills to make something of themselves if they have the athleticism.

Defence looks like a wasteland if Riikola isn't as good as advertised though.

(Disclaimer - all opinions there are report collation/stat watching)

lulz

Nov 10, 2017
I’m not sure what Muse’s deal is.. 30 years old with no prior NHL experience and has spent almost every pro season splitting between the AHL and ECHL, however his numbers at both levels are excellent. Since he’s a former Hockey East kid maybe he’s on Buckley’s recommendation.

Never can get consistent minutes - he plays much better when he's getting in games regularly. Does WBS tend to split the load or will it be a 50/20 split for Jarry?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They will split back-to-backs and give the "starter" the first and last of 3-in-3s. Probably more of a 45/25 split.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Do we have a complete roster now in WBS? or could we maybe expect a few more depth signings?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think they'll need more forwards. May just be guys on AHL-only deals or an NCAA free agent though.

LW depth

Wilson
Johnson
Miletic
DiPauli

C depth

Dea
Blueger
Olund
Tiffels

RW depth

Hayes
Lindberg
Angello
Lafferty

That's like the bare minimum number of forwards lol.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Do we have a complete roster now in WBS? or could we maybe expect a few more depth signings?

I can see another dman coming. They gave Corrado a contract offer and I don't think he's signed one anywhere, so I think either he or another dman comes in, particularly since we had 9 AHL dmen on NHL contracts last year and currently we've got 8 iirc. They used 12 dmen down there last season, not including ATOs.

edit: There'll definitely be more guys on AHL contracts. Jacob lists the 12 forwards we have... not counting mid-season trades and try-outs, at least 20 forwards played for WBS last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->