AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ive been more excited about Angello's potential than ZAR dating back to last year. Compared the two because of their size. And looks like Angello continued to produce(before getting hurt) while something still seems off with ZAR's ability to do so. Didnt really put up good numbers in AHL last year either.

Hope Angello is back soon and continues to develop...seperating himself from others.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Maybe. I thought he’d found his way back to the wing a few games ago but it looks that that was wrong. It might just be sample size or not fitting on lines right now. Blueger hasn't produced a tonne either in the assist front.

Hopefully ZAR is Hornqvisting things and playing an important role without getting points.​
Johnson could just be snakebit right now. I think he's leading the team in shots. It's still really early in the season.
ETA: Now he's tied with ZAR, TB, and Prow with 19 shots. DiPauli has 20.

Is there anywhere that does any kind of advanced stats for the AHL?

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ive been more excited about Angello's potential than ZAR dating back to last year. Compared the two because of their size. And looks like Angello continued to produce(before getting hurt) while something still seems off with ZAR's ability to do so. Didnt really put up good numbers in AHL last year either.

Hope Angello is back soon and continues to develop...seperating himself from others.

Can Angello skate?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Angello gets back in and picks up right where he left off...

4-1 win over Hershey tonight Angello, Johnson twice and Hayes scored.

Wilson-Johnson-Angello
ZAR-Lafferty-Militec
DiPauli-Bleuger-Hayes
Horvat-Olund-McGrath

Summers-Elliott
Taylor-Trotman
Abt-Prow

Jarry

was the setup.
O'Neill was serving a 1 game suspension, i believe.
ZAR had 4Pims(one for a slash, one elbow) and 3SOG.

Can Angello skate?

He can get around well for a big man.
I know in outgoing interviews last season he said he was gonna work on his first few strides. Needed that to reach the next level.
He's not ZAR/Grant slow if thats what you're asking.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Agree. Angelo looks liked her worked some on his skating. Slowest guy out there has to be Hayes who dropped down to 3rd line.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If Angelo can be a third line center like Fehr in size and chipping in the occasional goal and brings some physical play, that is a win the next number of years. Pens have to remake the 3rd and 4th lines next year. Reese, Angelo, Sprong, Blueger, and a couple of others like Borkqvist, Hallander will eventually be in the mix,

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If Angelo can be a third line center like Fehr in size and chipping in the occasional goal and brings some physical play, that is a win the next number of years. Pens have to remake the 3rd and 4th lines next year. Reese, Angelo, Sprong, Blueger, and a couple of others like Borkqvist, Hallander will eventually be in the mix,

They haven't really used Angello as a C, it looks like they're grooming him as a wing and I like that. If he can play well enough to hang with Geno and Sid, that'd be a useful option from time to time.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They haven't really used Angello as a C, it looks like they're grooming him as a wing and I like that. If he can play well enough to hang with Geno and Sid, that'd be a useful option from time to time.

No idea if he can be a top six wing. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how well he skates for such a big guy. He has sneaky skills that don’t exactly stand out unless you watch him play consistently.

Hopefully he keeps scoring and gets a chance over ZAR, because I have little hope for ZAR.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
No idea if he can be a top six wing. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how well he skates for such a big guy. He has sneaky skills that don’t exactly stand out unless you watch him play consistently.

Hopefully he keeps scoring and gets a chance over ZAR, because I have little hope for ZAR.

From what people are saying I'm not confident in it myself, but even just getting close enough to be used here and there without it sucking would be good. We don't have anyone with his sort of physicality.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
From what people are saying I'm not confident in it myself, but even just getting close enough to be used here and there without it sucking would be good. We don't have anyone with his sort of physicality.

Do you mean ZAR or Angello? Because Angello plays a heavy game and is a lot better at taking the body than ZAR, from what I have seen.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, the reason i've been jotting down the lines every post game is to keep tabs of who's playing where.
I know peeps always wonder/ask if a certain guy is playing C or W down in Wilkes so if you ever wanna know just scroll back in the thread, i got all the lineups down and will continue to do so.

Also, Haggerty has been out the last 3 due to an injury.

ETA: Josephs was sent to Wheeling to get some reps/game action today.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Waiting at the DMV and threw together a possible forward group for WB/S next year that’s almost entirely prospects

Bellerive – Lafferty – Drozg
Miletic – Almeida – Haggerty
Hallander – Olund – Bjorkqvist
Horvat – Pavlychev – DiPauli
McGrath

And that’s assuming Blueger, ZAR, Johnson & Angello graduate.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think Johnson has another year of waiver exemption so I wouldn’t assume he and Angello graduate. It’ll be interesting to see if they try to stick with bellerive as a C or not, too.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Lines to start this one:

Wilson-Johnson-Angello
ZAR-Lafferty-Militec
DiPauli-Bleuger-Hayes
Horvat-Olund-McGrath

Summers-Elliott
O'Neill-Trotman
Taylor-Prow

Status
Not open for further replies.