AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The lines were:

Wilson-Johnson-Hayes
ZAR-Lafferty-Militec
DiPauli-Bleuger-Horvat
Lindberg-Olund-McGrath

Summers-Elliott
O'Neill-Trotman
Taylor-Prow

Dunno if Angello has an injury or...
I'm assuming he does.

Lines last night were:

Wilson-Johnson-Hayes
ZAR-Lafferty-Militec
DiPauli-Bleuger-Lindberg
Jospehs-Olund-McGrath

Summers-Elliott
O'Neill-Trotman
Abt-Prow

Peters was in goal.

Angello's still out. Day-to-day Upper Body.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Really impressed with Militec, guy is hungry. Bummed about Angelo as he was on a roll, hopefully its not too serious. Glad to see Zar and Lafferty playing hard, they will def be in the mix for call ups. As far as some of the others, Hayes is a big boy but gosh he's slow at time. Dont see him getting a call up anytime soon.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Purely judging from the boxscores, it doesn't look like ZAR or Johnson are doing much to put themselves in good position to be the first call-ups.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Purely judging from the boxscores, it doesn't look like ZAR or Johnson are doing much to put themselves in good position to be the first call-ups.
Too bad for them. But others should see it as an opportunity to make themselves more visible to a potential 4th line role of 6mins and an entire 3rd period benching.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What’s weird I said I thought Johnson looked great in the preseason and like he’d taken a step.

He's gone back to C which could be part of it. Or it could be that there's one line in WBS doing most of the work (although I think ZAR's been on the Lafferty line too?)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He's gone back to C which could be part of it. Or it could be that there's one line in WBS doing most of the work (although I think ZAR's been on the Lafferty line too?)

Maybe. I thought he’d found his way back to the wing a few games ago but it looks that that was wrong. It might just be sample size or not fitting on lines right now. Blueger hasn't produced a tonne either in the assist front.

Hopefully ZAR is Hornqvisting things and playing an important role without getting points.​

Reactions: Peat

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Maybe. I thought he’d found his way back to the wing a few games ago but it looks that that was wrong. It might just be sample size or not fitting on lines right now. Blueger hasn't produced a tonne either in the assist front.

Hopefully ZAR is Hornqvisting things and playing an important role without getting points.​

I only saw one game live in Cleveland, but ZAR did nothing to separate himself from everyone else. He does some nice things around the net, but the intensity is not there to be anything close to Horny IMO. He has some NHL tools, but I'm just not seeing anything there that puts him above a few other baby Pens wingers.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I only saw one game live in Cleveland, but ZAR did nothing to separate himself from everyone else. He does some nice things around the net, but the intensity is not there to be anything close to Horny IMO. He has some NHL tools, but I'm just not seeing anything there that puts him above a few other baby Pens wingers.

Did any forward look like they were putting themselves above their peers that game?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
You don’t want to hear that about ZAR or Johnson. Important guys to have success here because you want to able to attract other top college FAs. The Penguins will always be in the mix, but it’s nice to be able to point to your most recent pickups as successful pros.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Did any forward look like they were putting themselves above their peers that game?

Not really to be honest. I saw some flashes from Lafferty and Angello. I will say it confirmed to me that Hayes is not an NHLer (although I'm sure others already knew that). Johnson with a few bursts of speed, but didn't do a ton. DiPauli had a few flashes too.

Blueger makes some real heady plays, but again, doesn't stand out. Of course, Test Tube looked like an AHLer too, which was weird to see.

In fairness, it took me at least the first period to remember everyone's numbers.

Oh also, I did like Trotman's game, but that's the AHL level so hard to know how it translates.

Reactions: Peat

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

*sigh* The story of ZAR, tbh. He had that goal scoring run with Crosby, which isn’t totally irrelevant yet, but other than that he doesn’t do much to stand out. A small part of me keeps hoping he’ll start to live up to that Hornqvist lite description. The broken jaw also probably hurt the first chunk of his season at least.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
*sigh* The story of ZAR, tbh. He had that goal scoring run with Crosby, which isn’t totally irrelevant yet, but other than that he doesn’t do much to stand out. A small part of me keeps hoping he’ll start to live up to that Hornqvist lite description. The broken jaw also probably hurt the first chunk of his season at least.

He'll play physical for a few shifts and then start laying off.. Kind of weird for someone who describes himself as playing a "New York City" style

Nathan Gerbe lit him up for having his head down. Never would have expected that in a million years

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Not really to be honest. I saw some flashes from Lafferty and Angello. I will say it confirmed to me that Hayes is not an NHLer (although I'm sure others already knew that). Johnson with a few bursts of speed, but didn't do a ton. DiPauli had a few flashes too.

Blueger makes some real heady plays, but again, doesn't stand out. Of course, Test Tube looked like an AHLer too, which was weird to see.

In fairness, it took me at least the first period to remember everyone's numbers.

Oh also, I did like Trotman's game, but that's the AHL level so hard to know how it translates.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
You are spot on about everyone. Hayes has def left the building with regard to being an NHL player!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad