LW Alexander Perevalov - HC Sochi, KHL (2022, 71st, CAR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right-handed winger. Was the LW on Michkov's line at the Hlinka. Very good offensive skills. Can stick-handle, pass, shoot. Plays quick with good hockey sense. Size isn't bad at 6'0. Skating is about average. Let's see how he does the upcoming season. I think a first or second round range isn't impossible, given his offensive talent.

Alexander Perevalov at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: DaveG and kp61c

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
How good is this kid? That's some crazy production for a player his age in the MHL. For anyone who's seen him play; Is he just on a crazy run or does the talent match the production?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How good is this kid? That's some crazy production for a player his age in the MHL. For anyone who's seen him play; Is he just on a crazy run or does the talent match the production?

He was very good in U16 leagues, but was in Michkov's shadow as his linemate. Now when Michkov has moved to another team Perevalov shows he's a great junior player by himself. The kid is good in everything: skating, shooting, stickhandling, physicality. Not as talented as Michkov obviously, but still a very talented prospect. Hope to see him and Michkov together at WJC, because they have great chemistry. What a young and talented Team Russia it's going to be!

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This isn't crazy.

Elite Prospects - MHL Stats 2021-2022

The Top6 here contains everybody worth mentioning and obviously Michkov and Yurov are on top of things. but Perevalov is close, while the two aforementioned of course already get to play in men's leagues. So that kind of production is not unheard of for top prospects. And yes, he is that good and is closing in on the obvious top dogs of the 2022 class out of Russia Yurov and Miroshnichenko(who is playing in the VHL).

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
This isn't crazy.

Elite Prospects - MHL Stats 2021-2022

The Top6 here contains everybody worth mentioning and obviously Michkov and Yurov are on top of things. but Perevalov is close, while the two aforementioned of course already get to play in men's leagues. So that kind of production is not unheard of for top prospects. And yes, he is that good and is closing in on the obvious top dogs of the 2022 class out of Russia Yurov and Miroshnichenko(who is playing in the VHL).
Might have phrased my question a bit odd but what I meant to ask was if he's a true top prospect like those more famous top dogs as you call them or just a guy on a hot run. Which you answered despite how I worded it so thank you!

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
He was very good in U16 leagues, but was in Michkov's shadow as his linemate. Now when Michkov has moved to other team Perevalov shows he's a great junior by himself. The kid is good in everything: skating, shooting, stickhandling, physicality. Not as talented as Michkov obviously, but still a very talented prospect. Hope to see him and Michkov together at WJC, because they have great chemistry. What a young and talented Team Russia it's going to be!
Yeah one hell of a group coming up. Great that he's showing he's not just a product of Michkov.

Curley

Apr 21, 2012
I’m wondering if Yurov, Miroshnichenko, and Perevalov all go top 10 in the NHL draft and what order they will go/should go in? What do people think?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Might have phrased my question a bit odd but what I meant to ask was if he's a true top prospect like those more famous top dogs as you call them or just a guy on a hot run. Which you answered despite how I worded it so thank you!
He sure isn't just on a hot run. But there is obviously a gap to Yurov and Miroshnichenko. How much of a gap the rest of the season will show.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I’m wondering if Yurov, Miroshnichenko, and Perevalov all go top 10 in the NHL draft and what order they will go/should go in? What do people think?
They won't go top10 I think. While I don't know much about other nations' prospects, I doubt the draft would feature no other top talents.

Between Yurov and Miroshnichenko I am in the Yurov camp. It think he is just a little more skilled and thinks the game a little better. You notice the "a little". That is why I totally get the people who like Miroshnichenko more. They are a little bit different in style, but there is no huge gap between the two. Miroshnichenko is often compared to Kovalchuk. And I think it is a good one comparison. Perevalov is clearly the third in the group. Not by a huge margin, but my guess is he might end up a late first, early second round pick.

Last edited:

Curley

Apr 21, 2012
No doubt there are other good players and the Russians have a great class led by Michkov next year, but Perevalov’s numbers are better than Kucherov’s at the same age. If he is the third best prospect in his draft class, that is pretty special for Russian hockey and good for the sport in general.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No doubt there are other good players and the Russians have a great class led by Michkov next year, but Perevalov’s numbers are better than Kucherov’s at the same age. If he is the third best prospect in his draft class, that is pretty special for Russian hockey and good for the sport in general.
Michkov is in the 2023 class.

And Perevalov's numbers are to be counted after the season. I don't think he finishes with 2 PPG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad