VT Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread (NEEDS THREE MORE GM'S)

• Thread starter Vladimir Tarasenko*
  • Start date

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
I feel like it should be shortened if they have all night to pick, for first pick its okay but does the guy with the first pick tomorow really need 12 hours plus an extra 3 lol up to you though

Vladimir Tarasenko*

I feel like it should be shortened if they have all night to pick, for first pick its okay but does the guy with the first pick tomorow really need 12 hours plus an extra 3 lol up to you though

alright the first guy was auto'd since it's pretty clear crosby was getting picked.

and the draft clock goes from 3:00pm to 12:00am est, for the rest of the night and up till 3:00pm the next day the guy with the pick can make his pick still, but he won't be auto'd because I feel that most of us will be at school or work.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

Yeah that makes sense, I feel like were going to get 3 picks max today lol

well henrik4vezina30 is online right now and he has the 2nd pick, I just pm'ed him so im sure he'll pick any minute now.

(I might shorten the draft clock to two hours depending on how things go in the first couple of days)

Vladimir Tarasenko*

first two picks have been done. 3rd gm has been PM'ed.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

Does anyone know a good way to auto players? any suggestions?

please reply here rather then in the draft thread :D

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
What if they just get skipped and can pick when they come, not our faults people arent here lol

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Does anyone know a good way to auto players? any suggestions?

please reply here rather then in the draft thread :D

i think instead of drafting BPA..the person who missed there pick should make their pick when they get online (if that means he is skipped by a team or to so be it) if they miss 2picks in a row they will be auto skipped thereafter until they make their picks

at this point (early in the draft) its very debatable who the bpa is, kinda sad getzlaf went figured we woulda been bpa at around 10 (which is my pick) but its tough luck for me ill have to go to plan b

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
What if they just get skipped and can pick when they come, not our faults people arent here lol

you know what i agree **** the guys that miss their picks not everyone elses fault they get skipped until they get back.... take crosby and getzlaf off the board dont worry i promise getz will be taken 10th overall at the latest !!!!:cry:

Vladimir Tarasenko*

idk i just dont wanna start skipping people. and btw you could always try and make a trade with another team if you want getzlaf or any other player.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
idk i just dont wanna start skipping people. and btw you could always try and make a trade with another team if you want getzlaf or any other player.

i was a part of the fantasy draft this past summer on the leafs board and it was very organized and successful.... heres how they dealt with this issue

- if the gm doesnt make his pick within 3 hrs the draft goes on -- no assigned player (someone else will pm/ notify the next team on the board)

- the gm who got skipped can then make their selection when they get back (this way ya they may miss out on the guy they want BUT they dont ***** about getting assigned a player they dont want) -- bottom line is this will make sure people are serious about finding out when they are up and make their picks on time...... if they miss their pick they shouldnt be spoonfed the bpa therefor possibly ripping the team/teams behind them off

- if the poster misses 2 consecative picks he will be pmd and then auto skipped until they make their picks (this was key in the other draft... it made sure there were no lulls and it flowed smooth--- we dont wanna wait 3 hrs for every pick)

- if the pm KNOWS who they want to draft but cant make the pick they can pm someone a list of guys they want and make the selection on there behalf (this was utilized in the other draft and was VERY helpful)

- if a team misses a pick BECAUSE the previous gm did not notify them (and have proof --- pm) then the other team will be penalized

Last edited:

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
Its really their faults if they dont send in lists, make it after the first round that you will be skipped if you dont send in a list. Maybe pm all the gms and let em know or something

Vladimir Tarasenko*

yeahh but what if like a guy like you (im old gregggg) misses a pick and your fav team is toronto right? the best player eligible from t.o is dion phaneuf..

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Maybe the skipping method is the best, that way a player isn't taken out of the draft by a team that doesn't want him, and you won't have to select for them. Then once the GM gets back he can make a selection (if he's gone long enough for something like 10 picks to pass, he's obviously not committed anyways).

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
yeahh but what if like a guy like you (im old gregggg) misses a pick and your fav team is toronto right? the best player eligible from t.o is dion phaneuf..

read post # 92 (just a few posts above yours)

i strongly feel that is the most fair method for all teams

if a team misses their pick becuase they forgot they should be penalized, if they are busy they can EASILY plan ahead and send a list of players to you or another regular on this thread and that guy can pick BPA of their list on their behalf

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
Yeah Autoing is too confusing unless you had a list of the top players in order and just went from that list. Other than that just skip em

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Maybe the skipping method is the best, that way a player isn't taken out of the draft by a team that doesn't want him, and you won't have to select for them. Then once the GM gets back he can make a selection (if he's gone long enough for something like 10 picks to pass, he's obviously not committed anyways).

yup realistically you dont need to be on this thread 24/7 to know when your up... if your not up until like say 15 picks obviously you wont be picking for another day if your up in say 3-5 stay updated as you could be up anywhere from minutes to a few hrs depending if the teams infront of you are online

helps out if everyone is a) dedicated and b) organized... i garentee 1 or 2 teams will slack hard but for most part everyone needs to do their share to make sure this runs smoothly

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Yeah Autoing is too confusing unless you had a list of the top players in order and just went from that list. Other than that just skip em

ok to sum up a poster has 3 options:

- make the pick on time

- if a team pm's you a list knowing they wont be online to make a pick, youll take the bpa for them on the list

- if a team misses a pick with NO want list submitted will be SKIPPED and make their pick when they do go online.... tough luck for them

VT... outside of school i am willing to help you keep this draft on track (id be willing to take pms from teams looking to send lists if your too busy to pick on their behalf) as i will stay up to date with this thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad