VT Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread (NEEDS THREE MORE GM'S)

• Thread starter Vladimir Tarasenko*
  • Start date

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
Is it just me or is 30 teams going to be a lot when we can only use 3 draft years? I have never done one like this so not sure lol

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
i agree maybe contract to 20 teams.... we can eliminate the 10 lowest fan base teams ex. phx, nsh etc

i just some scouting and there isnt too much talent to choose from considering there is 30 teams

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
i agree maybe contract to 20 teams.... we can eliminate the 10 lowest fan base teams ex. phx, nsh etc

i just some scouting and there isnt too much talent to choose from considering there is 30 teams

I agree, but not with eliminating teams, there should just be an extension of say;

2000 draft-2004 draft.

This would make the entry draft crucial for some teams, and should add a good twist for trading picks etc.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

I agree, but not with eliminating teams, there should just be an extension of say;

2000 draft-2004 draft.

This would make the entry draft crucial for some teams, and should add a good twist for trading picks etc.

sakicisgod is added

- And so are you saying that players eligible should be from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 ?

I agree that this would make the teams stronger but the other way (the 2003, 2004, 2005 way) the worst team would at-least get the first pick in the next draft (the 2006 draft) and they would become a better team

If you guys want it the other way then we can do it that way to, whatever you guys want

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
sakicisgod is added

- And so are you saying that players eligible should be from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 ?

I agree that this would make the teams stronger but the other way (the 2003, 2004, 2005 way) the worst team would at-least get the first pick in the next draft (the 2006 draft) and they would become a better team

If you guys want it the other way then we can do it that way to, whatever you guys want

You can still do that just adding a few more draft classes, like 2001-2005 then the last place team gets the first pick in 2006 ect.

It would be better in my opinion to add atleast another year or two of players to choose from so you dont have to have players who dont even play in the nhl much on your 3rd and fourth line lol

Vladimir Tarasenko*

You can still do that just adding a few more draft classes, like 2001-2005 then the last place team gets the first pick in 2006 ect.

It would be better in my opinion to add atleast another year or two of players to choose from so you dont have to have players who dont even play in the nhl much on your 3rd and fourth line lol

Yeah I see your point.

Alright well how about we do it from 2000-2005. We expand the draft by adding a total of 582 players eligible.

In total now, there will be 1935 players eligible for the fantasy draft. Because there are 30 teams, and each team will pick 20 players, a total of 600 players will be drafted when it's all set and done, leaving 1335 players un-drafted.

edit: also I am debating whether or not a salary cap should be included. I think with a salary cap included this will cause complications for when the 2006 draft occurs because if a team wants to pick say Nicklas Backstrom, but they might not be able to due to cap space.

Coach Bombay

Apr 5, 2010
Yeah I see your point.

Alright well how about we do it from 2000-2005. We expand the draft by adding a total of 582 players eligible.

In total now, there will be 1935 players eligible for the fantasy draft. Because there are 30 teams, and each team will pick 20 players, a total of 600 players will be drafted when it's all set and done, leaving 1335 players un-drafted.

edit: also I am debating whether or not a salary cap should be included. I think with a salary cap included this will cause complications for when the 2006 draft occurs because if a team wants to pick say Nicklas Backstrom, but they might not be able to due to cap space.

Yeah that sounds better

The salary cap wouldnt really make sense unless you want to let all the people drafted say in 06 to be signed to entry level contracts and stuff lol idk

Vladimir Tarasenko*

Yeah that sounds better

The salary cap wouldnt really make sense unless you want to let all the people drafted say in 06 to be signed to entry level contracts and stuff lol idk

Yeah I don't really see a point in the salary cap, I think it will only complicate things.

Vladimir Tarasenko*

mini bump. still looking for 10 more teams! come on people JOIN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad