Confirmed with Link: Vrana resigned 2 years 3.35 mil per

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Based on everything we’ve seen from GMBM, he’s not about to sign Holtby to a contract that will kill the team two years or four years later. If he gets $9m from us, it would be for a few years not 7 or 8. There won’t be full NTC or NMCs in there either.

(Though if I’m a major UFA next year and I don’t want to go to Seattle, I’m insisting my deal includes a NMC for the next couple of years...)

MacLellan has shown that he is willing to give term in exchange for AAV that fits his cap situation and with the freedom to trade that contract down the road. If you are a UFA why would you sign a contract til after the Xdraft if you don't want to go to Seattle? I doubt that Holtby has officially signed a contract anywhere til after that step has passed.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I kinda think if Holtby wants an NMC, even if its only for the ED year, maybe that pushes BMac to say "thanks but no thanks" and not offer that contract. Holtby should not have any leverage to force the Caps to expose Samsonov in order to keep Holtby just to comply with the ED rules.

But Tx, doesn't Holtby have one full year between his UFA and the ED? He's UFA in 2020, ED in 2021?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I kinda think if Holtby wants an NMC, even if its only for the ED year, maybe that pushes BMac to say "thanks but no thanks" and not offer that contract. Holtby should not have any leverage to force the Caps to expose Samsonov in order to keep Holtby just to comply with the ED rules.

But Tx, doesn't Holtby have one full year between his UFA and the ED? He's UFA in 2020, ED in 2021?

thought the xdraft was after this season. oops. I don't see a circumstance where MacLellan offers a full NTC/NMC. He trades term for flexibility and salary cap fit. The players get their long term security and Mac gets his cap management. If that is important to Holtby then he can get it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad