Confirmed with Link: Vrana resigned 2 years 3.35 mil per

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Looking through Russian Machine Never Breaks to see where Vrana is, I came across this:

Here’s an uncanny glimpse at what the Washington Capitals will look like as old men

alex-ovechkin-old-man.jpg

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ovie will be way fatter.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
radko-gudas-old-face-app.jpg

Why does it seem like 70 year old Radko Gudas will still be playing, his job solely to stand in front of the net with his arms crossed, in a dark cloak with eyes piercingly asking the 2060 18-year-old star if they really want to shoot...

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Whyno had a tweet yesterday that had both Holtby and Backstrom getting 9m extensions and it working under the cap. This contract next season was key to it working out.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Good deal. We essentially ditched Bura to keep Vrana, imo. That was probably always the question and honestly Bura never jumped up and seized it. Vrana passed him 2 years ago at least.

Re: the age app, not going to do it. Seems like data mining to me.

(To police) “what do you mean 70 yr old me was caught on video robbing a bank?!?l”......

Reactions: calicapsfan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Whyno had a tweet yesterday that had both Holtby and Backstrom getting 9m extensions and it working under the cap. This contract next season was key to it working out.

Heads exploding like IED's just at the thought. Holtby is reaching a point of hate around here. They are ready for him to be off the team. Dont keep the guy at any price much less a big number.

I cant wait. It will be entertaining

Link to the tweet.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Heads exploding like IED's just at the thought. Holtby is reaching a point of hate around here. They are ready for him to be off the team. Dont keep the guy at any price much less a big number.

I cant wait. It will be entertaining

Link to the tweet.

I say this part as I feel most fans feel: love Holts, no amount of worrying about a boat anchor deal will change that.

I feel like you suggesting people are “hating” the guy is bull f***ing shit.

I’d pay him $7 per until he’s 35. For me and my beliefs in the cap system and team construction philosophy, $9 per is a non-starter.

Let’s be clear, you previously said Holtby (or was it just Backstrom) wouldn’t sign deals that hurt the Caps. You’re now advocating a deal that pays him $9 mil per until he’s 35?

That would hurt their pocketbooks.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It was Backstrom that I said that about. Not Holtby. I didn't see any reasonable chance that he resigns. To be crystal clear there was nothing in my post advocating for signing Holtby to a $9m contract. Only that there would be a meltdown here if they did. There will be a meltdown here if he signs any reasonable contract extention. Much of our group is over Holtby and ready to move on. Wish it could be this year.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It was Backstrom that I said that about. Not Holtby. I didn't see any reasonable chance that he resigns. To be crystal clear there was nothing in my post advocating for signing Holtby to a $9m contract. Only that there would be a meltdown here if they did. There will be a meltdown here if he signs any reasonable contract extention. Much of our group is over Holtby and ready to move on. Wish it could be this year.

Seems like your interpretation is a stretch IMO. Almost nobody is hating on Holtby.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe. Wouldn't be the first time but I read the trade him now crew the way I do.

Well look, this place is called Hockey’s Future for a reason.

Lots of bean counters, draft/prospect nuts and armchair GM’s.

I think you’ve been around long enough to largely ignore the minority who are”hating” on 70 or ready to trade him today, and not lump in “everyone” into that loud minority.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Based on everything we’ve seen from GMBM, he’s not about to sign Holtby to a contract that will kill the team two years or four years later. If he gets $9m from us, it would be for a few years not 7 or 8. There won’t be full NTC or NMCs in there either.

(Though if I’m a major UFA next year and I don’t want to go to Seattle, I’m insisting my deal includes a NMC for the next couple of years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad