Voynov

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I haven't watched many LA games this year but Voynov's been called out by the coach and I see he has had a tough start statistically. Anyone care to comment on why he's not producing? Is it Big Contract syndrome?

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
He hasn't been that bad just not himself. Was hoping to see him take his game to the next level this year and establish himself as one of the better defenders in the league. Season is still young.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
He's been bad. Turns over puck steady, misses net on point shots, almost like he is thinking two steps ahead and not concentrating on the task at hand. He just needs a couple things to go right and he will relax and start playing like he is capable. I have been hard on him but I am not giving up on him.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
My issue has been his defensive zone work has not been close to what we've grown accustomed to. He also is overthinking things on the PP and in turn is creating a lot of giveaways or failure to hold the puck in. He just needs to concentrate and stop attempting to do too much

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Just growing pains, I think. He hasn't been abysmal, but definitely looks to be trying too hard and looking to do too much. Reminds me of the one Doughty went through, and arguably still does from time to time. The organization will get him back on track, and he will get back into his rhythm. He definitely seems to be playing frustrated though.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Sadly the team isn't doing much to help him. Look at what playing with Regehr was doing to Doughty. And now Voynov is playing with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->