Friedman: Voynov eligible to return Game 42 in 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
I get punishing those who do drink n drive, but Voynov actually hurt someone physically. As far as I can tell, he also didn't get counselling, help, or whatever to rectify the situation.
Here is the problem I have

Matthews hurt some one emotionally never suspended
ROR drank and drove and was never suspended.
Players have assaulted other players and still play(After suspensions like McSorley 1 year)

I am not saying what he did is correct. He has a right to earn a living in the NHL IF someone wants to sign him.

I never understood why musicians get felonies and radio stations play their music more where athletes get banned.

I am not trying to defend or take sides just trying to find some balance or equality.

Reactions: Homesick

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Both have the potential to be a media sideshow. Very comparable, and you’ll see I’m correct.

Just like either Kane, or Watson right?

The truth is the vast majority of people don't care as long as it helps their team win. We saw in baseball, we saw it in football, we've seen it in hockey.

The only sideshow will be made from people who have no real affinity for the game and are merely trying to make this a political matter for their blue haired twitter chums.

He served his time. I know it's hard for YOU PEOPLE to understand, but It's your right to boo him, but you have absolutely no right or say as to whether he'll be back in the NHL. Your voice doesn't matter. Neither does mine, but sometimes I feel like those blue haired people on twitter forget that. I don't think he's got an out-clause so I don't expect Voynov to be on an NHL team this season, next year though? He'll be triggering you.

Reactions: MalkinsPierogi

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Just like either Kane, or Watson right?

The truth is the vast majority of people don't care as long as it helps their team win. We saw in baseball, we saw it in football, we've seen it in hockey.

The only sideshow will be made from people who have no real affinity for the game and are merely trying to make this a political matter for their blue haired twitter chums.

He served his time. I know it's hard for YOU PEOPLE to understand, but It's your right to boo him, but you have absolutely no right or say as to whether he'll be back in the NHL. Your voice doesn't matter. Neither does mine, but sometimes I feel like those blue haired people on twitter forget that.

oh, but it does. hockey is a business after all

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I am not saying what he did is correct. He has a right to earn a living in the NHL IF someone wants to sign him.

I never understood why musicians get felonies and radio stations play their music more where athletes get banned.

I am not trying to defend or take sides just trying to find some balance or equality.

... Just as teams has the right to not sign him.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
... Just as teams has the right to not sign him.
That goes with every athlete who plays sports and is a free agent. You have the right to sign and teams have a right not to sign you. I am not sure the point of your post.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Amusing how a lot of posters want known wife beater on their team but yet say Don Cherry was evil and deserved to be fired...

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Who gives a **** what he did in his private life. As long as he's legally able to play, it's fine by me.
I watch the NHL to be entertained; not to make judgement calls on people's personal lives.
So if he had paralyzed his wife and got off on a technicality you would still be ok with him getting another chance?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So if he had paralyzed his wife and got off on a technicality you would still be ok with him getting another chance?
Oh we’re doing hypotheticals now. That’s fun.

We are judge and jury to no one. If someone goes to jail and gets out they’re allowed to get jobs and live life like anyone else. This is a job. He’s allowed to get a job in the NHL if he likes as far as I’m concerned.

If you don’t like the punishment given be angry at the laws or the league, not the player if he comes back. We are way too high and mighty. You don’t have to buy his jersey.

Reactions: greasysnapper

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What's the victim say? I know they're still together, and I believe she publicly forgave him (but I can't find the article). And while there might be a lot of reasons for her to say that and to stay with him other than *actually* forgiving him, I think that should be taken at face value unless there's evidence of something else. All these proceedings to be reinstated might be a hindrance to the victim's ability to finally put this all behind her.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
Oh we’re doing hypotheticals now. That’s fun.

We are judge and jury to no one. If someone goes to jail and gets out they’re allowed to get jobs and live life like anyone else. This is a job. He’s allowed to get a job in the NHL if he likes as far as I’m concerned.

If you don’t like the punishment given be angry at the laws or the league, not the player if he comes back. We are way too high and mighty. You don’t have to buy his jersey.
Cancel culture has become a dangerous thing.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Meanwhile NFL Teams are considering signing Colin Kaepernick and DID sign Michael Vick. Don’t be surprised when voynov gets an offer. Only hardcore fans know about what happened with him, and we’re in the minority.

one is NOT like the other. 2 were in handcuffs and the other made a political statement. Different problems

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
Voynov has done his time and more, he's not getting away with anything.
Punishment used to be a tool to help rehabilitate. Now its become a way of ostracizing people through social media.

As I said early, what I find interesting is musicians commit felonies and radio stations play their music even more, Cardi B is on example. She admitted to drugging and robbing men in hotel rooms and no one seems to care and her music has become even more popular.

Reactions: greasysnapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad