Voting: Best Players of the Tampa Bay Lightning 2014-2015

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
This is a voting to determine the best players of the Tampa Bay Lightning last season and their ranking versus each other. The weighting of regular season and playoffs (sample size vs importance) is up to you. In order to participate, send me a PM with a list of the 5 players you consider the best on your team in the order you would rank them. The point system I am going to use: 5 points for every 1st place vote, 4 points for every 2nd place vote, 3 points for every 3rd place vote, 2 points for every 4th place vote and 1 point for every 5th place vote. Rankings posted in the thread will not be considered, PMs only. Please put "Tampa Bay Lightning" in the "Title" field of your message.

Looking for forward to your ballots!

EDIT:

Two questions keep coming up, so a clarification is in order:

1) The voting is open until Saturday, July 25th. You can still send in your ballot on that day. Don't complain if I don't count your vote when you send it in on Sunday 26th or later.
2) We're ranking the players' performances in the 2014-2015 season, so it doesn't matter whether a player is still with the team now or not.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
not going to pm

i will get argued here but to me

bishop
tyler johnson
victor hedman
nikita kucherov
ondrej palat

is really close moving further will add these guys

steven stamkos
anton stralman
alex killorn
brian boyle
ryan callahan
jason garrison
cedric paquette
andrei vasilevskis
valterri filpulla expect a lot more from him then he did last year off year so should bounce back :)

anyone below that not really happy with lol totally all need to improve and do better
im ok with drouins year honestly but know he can play a lot better and will so didnt put him next

jt brown is guy i want off the team the most even though he was reliable he cant finish so frustration factor on him is through the roof

matt calre was a train wreck

sustr just dont have the words

coburn too small of sample size so another just dont know where to put him etc..

nesterov very happy but has to improve

morrow ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
1. Johnson
2. Hedman
3. Kucherov
4. Stralman
5. Palat
6. Stamkos
7. Bishop
8. Killorn
9. Filppula
10. Garrison
11. Coburn
12. Callahan
13. Paquette
14. Boyle
15. Brown/Sustr/Carle

More weighted toward playoff performances

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I doubt you'll get many PMs.

1. Johnson
2. Palat
3. Hedman (for the playoffs alone)
4. Kucherov
5. Stamkos

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Two questions keep coming up, so a clarification is in order:

1) The voting is open until Saturday, July 25th. You can still send in your ballot on that day. Don't complain if I don't count your vote when you send it in on Sunday 26th or later.
2) We're ranking the players' performances in the 2014-2015 season, so it doesn't matter whether a player is still with the team now or not.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I doubt you'll get many PMs.

Seems your prediction was right. It's curious, some fan communities send in lots of ballots and others don't. Any specific reason this section is less interested in the survey than others? :dunno:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Seems your prediction was right. It's curious, some fan communities send in lots of ballots and others don't. Any specific reason this section is less interested in the survey than others? :dunno:

In spite of having sent in my own arbitrary and not-terribly-carefully-thought-out ranking, I'll try to answer this.

We find ourselves on the main boards and, too many times, also on our own boards having members of other fanbases lecture us about our team (some even going so far as to say we shouldn't have a franchise). This extends somewhat to general hockey media who like to fawn over established franchises and at times would come to conclusions about our team that had been obvious to us for months.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Thing is, I got more votes from Florida Panthers fans. And Carolina Hurricanes fans. Nothing wrong with that of course, you're perfectly entitled to not take part, it just got me wondering if there is a specific reason.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thing is, I got more votes from Florida Panthers fans. And Carolina Hurricanes fans. Nothing wrong with that of course, you're perfectly entitled to not take part, it just got me wondering if there is a specific reason.

Make a poll or ask us to post a list in this thread. That's much easier.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Since you took the trouble to reply, I'll go ahead and PM. ;)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Personally I'm just kind of done talking about last season at this point. That was an exhausting ride.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Voting Results

6 ballots received. Thanks to the voters. A table based on 6 ballots doesn't make a lot of sense, but here is the voting result: Tyler Johnson 30 points, Victor Hedman 17 points, Ondrej Palat 13 points, Nikita Kucherov 12 points, Anton Strålman 7 points, Steven Stamkos 5 points, Ryan Callahan 3 points. Players who appeared on only one single ballot omitted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad