Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar
Michalek
Smith
Chiasson
Prince
Robinson

... with the caveat that Zack Smith is my 13th forward, picked over some more deserving younger players specifically because I don't want to see a kid like Puempel wasting away as the 13th guy, and I'd rather have a vet like Smith take that spot because I don't give a **** about him. I could have picked Neil for that spot, I was split and it really doesn't matter much IMO. 13th guy is just a guy.

Puempel is the first call-up as soon as we need an offensive spot available on the team, and probably has an NHL job locked down by the end of the season.

WhiteLight*

I picked (in the order they were listed in the poll):

Turris
Stone
Ryan
Zibanejad
MacArthur
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar
Michalek
Smith
Chiasson
Prince
Robinson

... with the caveat that Zack Smith is my 13th forward, picked over some more deserving younger players specifically because I don't want to see a kid like Puempel wasting away as the 13th guy, and I'd rather have a vet like Smith take that spot because I don't give a **** about him. Puempel is the first callup as soon as we need an offensive spot available on the team, and probably has an NHL job locked down by the end of the season.

Good, and interesting choices.

Robinson is intriguing I must admit and could likely play a depth role. But since he is not eligible for waivers, I'd give him another year in Bingo. I'm interested in seeing if he can play a scoring role down there

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Good, and interesting choices.

Robinson is intriguing I must admit and could likely play a depth role. But since he is not eligible for waivers, I'd give him another year in Bingo. I'm interested in seeing if he can play a scoring role down there

I picked him because maybe the team sees him as the kind of guy who can pick up some of Condra's minutes.

Puempel is clearly the better skill guy, but I'd like to see him go down to the AHL and have a hell of an Oct-November. Dominate from the get-go. Then, we can bring him up with a head of steam built up behind him.

Small things, I suppose. I certainly would not be adverse to seeing Puemps make the team out of camp.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Picked a veteran-heavy, one way line-up to see if they had much of anything to offer. I almost feel the young guns (Puempel and Prince at least) are a safer bet over the season than Smith, Neil, Havlat, Chiasson (not old - but you know what I mean) - they're the ones who have to prove they should stay.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
I voted Neil in and Lazar out. I think they might kill two birds with one stone by sending him down to gain some confidence while allowing Neil to start off on the ice.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

WhiteLight*

I picked him because maybe the team sees him as the kind of guy who can pick up some of Condra's minutes.

Puempel is clearly the better skill guy, but I'd like to see him go down to the AHL and have a hell of an Oct-November. Dominate from the get-go. Then, we can bring him up with a head of steam built up behind him.

Small things, I suppose. I certainly would not be adverse to seeing Puemps make the team out of camp.

I wouldn't mind seeing Puempel in Bingo. There are spots to win in camp I guess

Who is Mick Paul?

I don't remember ever drafting, trading for or signing a player named Mick Paul.

Interesting.

Keyboard.png

Quite the detective you are :sarcasm:

I sure hope you're not planning to be the next Sherlock Holmes or Inspector Gadget

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I want to see the 13 best from training camp and pre-season...

But as of now:

Macarthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Zibbanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Chiasson
Pumepel - Smith - Neil
Prince or Lazar

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I added guys like Neil and Smith because I assume they will be there no matter what. Neil as a #13 is fine anyway.

Only surprise in my list is sending Lazar down - I want him to be a star offensive player and I think he needs a touch of seasoning in the AHL to help him along with that. Lots of ice time for him down there. I kept Prince and Puempel over him.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I added guys like Neil and Smith because I assume they will be there no matter what. Neil as a #13 is fine anyway.

Only surprise in my list is sending Lazar down - I want him to be a star offensive player and I think he needs a touch of seasoning in the AHL to help him along with that. Lots of ice time for him down there. I kept Prince and Puempel over him.

I think there's a very good chance we see Lazar start in the AHL, especially if sending him down means we avoid placing Puempel or Prince on waivers.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Want to see. Not what WILL be on the ice opening night... But what I think is the best forward group of 12.... In the lines that I think best helps the team win...

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Hoffman Zibanejad Stone
Puempel Pageau Michalek
Prince Lazar Neil

Why? No Chiasson, Smith in the lineup. Neil is still effective and Prince and Lazar have skill and speed to make up for any shortcomings. Puempel and Pageau play with an edge. That 3rd line has more scoring bang with Milan over Condra. Michalek and Pageau's speed can help Puempel who is not as fast. Top 6 is great in any mashing up. I think Stone is a better playmaker then Ryan (or Zibby) liked Hoffman and Stone together. Playing with Turris and MacArthur can help Ryan play the role of goal scorer over having himself be the best playmaker on his line like last year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
close to sens rule

macarthur-turris-ryan
hoffman-zib-stone
prince-pageau-lazar
puempel-smith-neil
chiasson

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Nice idea for a poll!

Mac - Turris - Stone <- no surprises here
Hoff - Ziba - Ryan <- ditto
Prince - Pageau - Michalek <- Prince adds some skill to this line
Puempel - Smith - Chiasson
Neil <- rather have a vet on the bench than a young guy who needs to play

I like Lazar, and he is NHL-ready, but I want him hungry and showing off his offense in the AHL. He's just an injury away from being recalled anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad