Vorobiev sent down to Norfolk......

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Blackhawks sent Pavel Vorobiev down to their AHL farm team today...

If he couldn't produce up on the first 2 lines they were not going to keep him up with more limited time on the 3rd and 4th lines and wait for him to learn English and get more comfortable and confident.......he'll be better served down there in his first year in North America.....and MAYBE he and pal Yakubov can re-kindle their chemistry from a few years ago as juniors on the Russian u-18 and u-20 squads?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:
The Blackhawks sent Pavel Vorobiev down to their AHL farm team today...

If he couldn't produce up on the first 2 lines they were not going to keep him up with more limited time on the 3rd and 4th lines and wait for him to learn English and get more comfortable and confident.......he'll be better served down there in his first year in North America.....and MAYBE he and pal Yakubov can re-kindle their chemistry from a few years ago as juniors on the Russian u-18 and u-20 squads?

Saw him at the DET-CHI game last week.

Honestly, i dont know why he was on the team to begin with. He floated for 1/2 the game, his anticipation sucked, and he didn't like the traffic. Even his shot was off...maybe a bad game or something.

Ruutu looked average, maybe below.

Again, maybe just an off night.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Radulov has been the most impressive rookie on the team this year. Much better than Ruutu.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Since McLean is almpost 25 I believe he is generally not lumped in with the other rookies even though I believe he is elgible for the Calder.

He has been a pleasant surprise this year getting (too much from Sutter IMO) plenty of ice time including the first unit powerplay but dues to his age and experience he should be more developed than the other rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad