Speculation: Voracek

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
When did I say voracek is an elite sniper and is comparable to malkin or Crosby??

I said I feel he can be a 70 point guy in a full season of NHL hockey. There is no reason to believe he cannot. Yeah he is off the rough start and that is why I thought he could be had for cheap.

I know there are better players than him, and there are also worse.

Lots of other people in this thread agreed with me that our team could use a guy like him big time. Even if he is just another erat, he would still end up being out best offensive player like erat averaged over his years here.

Saying you don't want voracek sounds very trotz-esque.

Maybe we should just trade Wilson for more defense, it's not like we need to score in this league.

Point is, we need more offense. Whether its JV or another guy. And the point is also that one of our stud defensemen should/can be used to bring in such a player. Whether poile and company think its voracek or whomever, but it needs to happen.

Some of you guys get to defensive over our current players, guys will come and go but it's the managers job to create a winner. And right now we are not a winner, we are the worst team offensively in the league.

Comparing voracek to nystrom is ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Sure nystrom is off to slow start, so is the entire Philadelphia team. That doesn't mean he will never get going again and is doomed.

He would be a solid addition to this team, don't know what we would have to move to get him. But I know he would help us bigtime offensively and would be very welcomed by his team. Period.

That's all I have to say any further in this thread. Point made.

Last edited:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You said you feel he could be a 70 point player. What are you basing it on is my question? One strike shortened year or his previous years in the league. I would tend to go with the averages as opposed to an anamoly in his production. And if we are comparing him to Erat, did he ever score 70 in a year and if he did, how many times was it, maybe once?

Voracek is a good player. Not going to debate that. What does this team ultimately need? Does it need a top 6 forward who is good or does it need a top 3 forward that is a game changer? We need elite or great proven talent. Voracek has proven to be a good player but he is not in the next tier of players we should be targeting. We need guys who will make the players around them better, much like Kariya did for Legwand and Erat. While Kariya wasn't the elite player he once was when he got here he was still a great player and helped Erat and Legwand reach levels in their play they had never seen and haven't seen since.

So my question is does Voracek make those around him better or is he more of a guy who benefits from playing with better players around him?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Hey guys. Just wanted to revisit this thread. The start of last season I was really pushing for us to make a move to get voracek and barely anyone agreed with me, saying he was at best a 50 point player.

Still think I was wrong? Don't think he would look good in gold?

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Voracek has always been criminally underrated on this board. Maybe because he was a Blue Jacket? I dunno

I've learned to accept that this entire forum not just me or nashville's but the main board as well, is terrible at evaluating talent.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Hey guys. Just wanted to revisit this thread. The start of last season I was really pushing for us to make a move to get voracek and barely anyone agreed with me, saying he was at best a 50 point player.

Still think I was wrong? Don't think he would look good in gold?

He's a good player. Would love to have him.

Now, what are we going to have to give up to get him? Roman Josi? Pass. Seth Jones? Pass.

If we could get by on a deal of like Bartley and Borque and a prospect, I'd go for it. But I don't think that'd be enough.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Doubt he would have been getable (if that's even a word) then, and certainly isn't now. Young scorer who just had his best season and may top that this year.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He's a good player. Would love to have him.

Now, what are we going to have to give up to get him? Roman Josi? Pass. Seth Jones? Pass.

If we could get by on a deal of like Bartley and Borque and a prospect, I'd go for it. But I don't think that'd be enough.

Point being that I said this a year and a half ago, read first post in this thread. We could have got him for a lot cheaper than now, he was very inconsistent. Maybe a first round pick and Ellis at the time. But now it's minimum josi or jones

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Point being that I said this a year and a half ago, read first post in this thread. We could have got him for a lot cheaper than now, he was very inconsistent. Maybe a first round pick and Ellis at the time. But now it's minimum josi or jones

You should let David Poile know. I mean I get you were right, but everything on here is hypothetical.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

thats not even credible logic. how do you know he was even available last year??

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Lol, all I am saying is that I knew voracek was going to be something special. Every now and then I get that vibe off of a player. Usually am right.
I was getting bashed pretty good for this lol, if you read back. I was kinda bitter about the bashing.

I think forsberg will end up like voracek.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Lol, all I am saying is that I knew voracek was going to be something special. Every now and then I get that vibe off of a player. Usually am right.
I was getting bashed pretty good for this lol, if you read back. I was kinda bitter about the bashing.

I think forsberg will end up like voracek.

Well its all well and good to say "I told you hed be good" and another thing entirely to claim we could have acquired him in a trade if only Poile was as smart as you were, which is pretty much what you said

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Well its all well and good to say "I told you hed be good" and another thing entirely to claim we could have acquired him in a trade if only Poile was as smart as you were, which is pretty much what you said

I said we could have gotten him a lot cheaper than we could now. Fact.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I said we could have gotten him a lot cheaper than we could now. Fact.
Completely false, because he was just as unavailable then. Philly was banking on him as a major part of their future. The only hope for acquisition for anything resembling a reasonable price would have been if he'd stalled out in development. Instead, he's improved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad