Voracek: The forgotten prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
While I doubt that teams will ignore him come the draft, does anyone else find it surprising how much the media seems to be ignoring Jakub Voracek? I've seen draft preview and report segments on TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, & The Score, and they all mention mostly the same guys (Turris, Kane, Cherepanov, Alzner, Esposito, Gagner. The Score even talked about Sutter & Gilles), but they all skip over Voracek.

This is a player who doesn't ever seem to be listed lower than #6 to Washington in any major publication's mock draft, but no one talks about him except in written previews.

Any ideas why this happens?

Bring Back Krajicek*

Yeah, I've been wondering about that myself. I was watching the NHL Network's mock top ten yesterday, and I think he went 8th. He's getting pretty underrated around the media, it seems.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's not a North American and doesn't have many questions about his game or availbility that would draw a crowd.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
I have been asking that myself. If my team were to get this guy I would be thrilled. I think playing in the CHL has been great for him. He ought to be a terrific pro.

Varro

Jun 20, 2007
Well, that's why I'm hoping the Oilers pick him up at #6.... I don't understand why everyone's basically ignored him, but good for us then.

Brazz

This boat is 4 real!
Nov 6, 2005
I got to watch him play this year very impressive. I also know some people that work for the Mooseheads and they have only good things to say about him. Will be a great pick

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Agreed. I was drinking some Coke when Bob McKenzie said the draft class was "three players deep," and had to do all I could to stop it from coming out my nose.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I would love it if the Habs traded up to get him. Granted I haven't seen him play, but everything I've read about the kid leaves me to believe he's going to be a star.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
The answer is simple...

The kid is not a North America Native...

He is just another Europeen player.....

This guy is a top three talent in this draft no doubt about that. I'd take him first overall if I was the GM, but my opinion might be just too bias, because I've seen him play a lot and that he's my favorite prospect of all.

He is the future Marian Hossa, you guys can bet on that.

SanJoseCanadiens

Aug 16, 2006
I was just agreeing... If I was first, I'd think harder about it, but I think Voracek would be my pick (or, as suggested by the title of this thread, trade down a few and grab him)...

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i think something else that contributes to this is everyone always runs on that "what have you done for me lately" mentality when it comes to prospects. everyone is fresh off turris, JVR, cherepanov at the U-18's,
guys like kane, gagner, and alzner all went pretty deep in their playoffs, and voracek's team bowed out fairly early in the 2nd round of the Q playoffs, yet he still had the highest PPG average in the playoffs of any CHL prospect for this draft.

Pascal

Sep 19, 2005
Montreal
I agree that he might be the best pick of them all. There's something about him that makes me feel he's a no-miss star. Maybe it's his cool name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad