Proposal: Voracek/Read or both to SJ

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Matt Read= Flyers current point leader and tied with G with 3 goals.
Why do people always make him the first to be shipped off??
You can have Clowe.

From one game.

Not arguing that we should trade Read, he's played solid in every game. Just saying he's our point leader when he had one stellar game and the rest were solid doesn't say as much.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Briere for Boyle

I know Briere is Captn Clutch in the POs but that hasn't gotten the Flyers passed the 2nd the past 2 years.

Both players are closing in on 40 with big tickets and another year left on their contracts.

Flyers get another PMD and SJ gets a cluth playoff performer to get them over the hump.

Flyers get:
Boyle and Handzus

Sharks get:
Briere, Fedetenko and Gervais/pick

Hartnell - G - Read
Schenn - Coots - Simmonds
Talbot - Handzus - Voracek
Sestito - - Rinaldo

Kimo - Schenn
Coburn - Grossman
Boyle - Mez

Awesome D but the forwards dookie.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I know Briere is Captn Clutch in the POs but that hasn't gotten the Flyers passed the 2nd the past 2 years.

Both players are closing in on 40 with big tickets and another year left on their contracts.

Flyers get another PMD and SJ gets a cluth playoff performer to get them over the hump.

Flyers get:
Boyle and Handzus

Sharks get:
Briere, Fedetenko and Gervais/pick

Hartnell - G - Read
Schenn - Coots - Simmonds
Talbot - Handzus - Voracek
Sestito - - Rinaldo

Kimo - Schenn
Coburn - Grossman
Boyle - Mez

Awesome D but the forwards dookie.

No thanks, I would rather have Boyle.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Kevin Kurz (Sharks insider) said that Sharks scout Jason Rowe has been at just about every Flyers game this season, including last night. He's also seen Flyers scout John Chapman at at least two Sharks games, including last game against Chicago.

My feeling is that the Sharks would most likely be interested in Voracek, especially with Hertl in the system. Voracek would also fit our needs nicely. Read is another possibility.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Kevin Kurz (Sharks insider) said that Sharks scout Jason Rowe has been at just about every Flyers game this season, including last night. He's also seen Flyers scout John Chapman at at least two Sharks games, including last game against Chicago.

My feeling is that the Sharks would most likely be interested in Voracek, especially with Hertl in the system. Voracek would also fit our needs nicely. Read is another possibility.

I doubt either Voracek or Read are available to be honest.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco

I'd love to acquire one of Voracek or Read (assuming that Simmonds is unavailable). What do Fyers fans think of a trade based around Demers and Voracek? Sharks would probably have to add, but I'm not sure what. Would Demers + 2nd get it done?

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Too bad you have nothing but Brent Burns on your NHL roster that we would be interested in for these players.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'd love to acquire one of Voracek or Read (assuming that Simmonds is unavailable). What do Fyers fans think of a trade based around Demers and Voracek? Sharks would probably have to add, but I'm not sure what. Would Demers + 2nd get it done?
No. Demers doesn't project that high. Voracek has already achieved near 50 pts 3x.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No. Demers doesn't project that high. Voracek has already achieved near 50 pts 3x.

No offense, but you don't know anything about Jason Demers. He's got tons of potential. Dan Boyle-lite type of player.

I understand you not wanting to make a deal like that, but don't act like you know anything about Demers when you say that.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
No offense, but you don't know anything about Jason Demers. He's got tons of potential. Dan Boyle-lite type of player.

I understand you not wanting to make a deal like that, but don't act like you know anything about Demers when you say that.
That's fine. I disagree. I don't think he projects that high. He reminds me alot of Matt Carle...who is a good but not great player.

We don't need a #2, we need a guy with #1 potential.

Someone like Kulikov or Runblad (don't think he's quite a #1 guy, but younger than Demers) is a better option for us "theoretically", but they are probably not available.

I'd rather do nothing than get something that doesn't really help.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad