Injury Report: Vol. 7 (Updates in 1st Post) | Clean Out Day

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yep, pace yourself. Maybe we get lucky and finish playing the Atlantic in the next playoffs?

Rather have home ice again.

Letang will be rested. We can sit others and still win games because of the young guys who are ready now...and ones who will be ready for second half of season like Sprong, ZAR,etc .

8 series wins in a row. Sully and Murray undefeated.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
And Geno is two of them. :laugh:

iirc Letang got hurt at the team building thing one year. He was skating and hit a rut, but it's probably a good thing he couldn't help carry a rock up a hill.
Also, Marty Straka got attacked by his weight machine, IIRC.

:laugh:

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Any report on Maatta? Is he finally going to have a full healthy summer for the first time of his career? I'm predicting a big improvement on his skating next year if he's healthy all summer.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I can't get over Bones playing 2 periods on a broken ****ing leg. A completely snapped tibia. WTF!

I had a BONE BRUISE (which is apparently just short of a break) on my tibia and I finished the period but it was brutally painful.

I could not put any weight on my leg for about 2 weeks. Finally was able to skate without pain after about 6 weeks. Freaking amazing

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
So Kessel didn't have an injury? Thought for sure he was hurt , with his play
Well, Iron Man Phil didn't miss a games in the last what, 8 years? With two full Stanley Cup run he must be exhausted.
Getting injury is not fun, but at least you've got to rest.
And in the end, he's got more point in this post-season then the last one.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Today is clear out day. I'll update the first post as Tweets come in. Once it's done, I'll note the spreadsheet as well. So far, this is what I've got ...

« 6.15.17 | End of Season Report »

« Schultz »

« Dumoulin »

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Murray's torn hamstring concerns me greatly to be honest. That's not a good injury for a goalie to have. 1. Groin. 2. Hammy. 3. Knee.

Hopefully it heals 110% over the off season.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
Special appreciation for DegenX's consistent, dedicated effort to keep us informed in the critical injury venue.

Props for a job well done! :handclap:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
So Kessel didn't have an injury? Thought for sure he was hurt , with his play

I thought he looked a lot better when 14 wasn't playing with him and Geno. Kunitz was cheating up-ice a lot and you just can't have 2 guys doing that on the same line in the playoffs.
Of course when the coaching staff had had enough of watching it, they both were demoted to the 3rd line, which solved absolutely nothing. :laugh:

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Murray's torn hamstring concerns me greatly to be honest. That's not a good injury for a goalie to have. 1. Groin. 2. Hammy. 3. Knee.

Hopefully it heals 110% over the off season.

There is absolutely no way he tore his hamstring and played. That is a multi month recovery that often requires surgery unless it's a very small tear.

A PULLED hamstring, 2-6 weeks depending on severity. I would bet my car that was misreported by someone who doesn't know the difference between a tear and a pull.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
There is absolutely no way he tore his hamstring and played. That is a multi month recovery that often requires surgery unless it's a very small tear.

A PULLED hamstring, 2-6 weeks depending on severity. I would bet my car that was misreported by someone who doesn't know the difference between a tear and a pull.

Technically from what ive heard is a pulled muscle is a tear. Just a very small one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad