Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in 1st Post) | Murray Probable Starter @ Sens; Rust 'Close' to Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The top 6 with Bonino is ok but the bottom 6 :(

Indeed. I mean we all know and can agree... If guys don't start coming back, we won't get out of the first round. The talent we have on the injury list is almost just as good as what we have left on the ice for God's sake. Yes, I exaggerate but it's getting to that tipping point.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Head coaches need to be held partially accountable for the bad hits their players throw...that would sort out these problems real fast.

Well that whole hit, honestly, is Crosby's fault. If there is anyone that should feel bad about that hit, it's Crosby. When you pass from behind like that and have a player look over his shoulder for the puck, you're putting him in a vulnerable spot. As a Captain he should be smarter than that.

But it is what it is at this point. I just hope this doesn't keep Guentzel from reaching his potential and having a long healthy career. His looked pretty bad.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I've genuinely forgotten about players who have been out for awhile. :laugh:

Imagine seeing:

Hagelin, Rust, Maatta, Letang, Malkin...it'll be weird lol.

Imagine if everyone comes back 100% rested and ready to rock and roll for the playoffs. Everyone.:nod:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Well that whole hit, honestly, is Crosby's fault. If there is anyone that should feel bad about that hit, it's Crosby. When you pass from behind like that and have a player look over his shoulder for the puck, you're putting him in a vulnerable spot. As a Captain he should be smarter than that.

But it is what it is at this point. I just hope this doesn't keep Guentzel from reaching his potential and having a long healthy career. His looked pretty bad.

He only looked back so drastically after the puck was deflected by another player. Had the puck not been deflected backwards he would have kept going up the boards. Maybe he gets hit, but not like he did.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The top 6 with Bonino is ok but the bottom 6 :(

Yeah I like Sundqvist's potential but he's still not ready. He looks lost out there at times and a little behind the play, but you can see the talent in his defense. But at this point Rowney does the grinder 4th line role fairly decently as a C, I'd keep him down. Keep Archibald up as a winger instead of forcing Rowney or Sundqvist into that role.

It's funny, it feels like the opposite of the Bylsma system, we're better offensively but terrible defensively, it was the opposite with Dan. What's that stupid saying?

"Same same, but different."

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
What really sucks now is we are too far ahead of the rangers to fall to WC1 but too injured to think we can overtake the 1 seed. We are basically looking at the best case scenario of getting the 2 and home ice for rd 1.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
What really sucks now is we are too far ahead of the rangers to fall to WC1 but too injured to think we can overtake the 1 seed. We are basically looking at the best case scenario of getting the 2 and home ice for rd 1.

embrace the TANK!!:popcorn:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine seeing:

Hagelin, Rust, Maatta, Letang, Malkin...it'll be weird lol.

Imagine if everyone comes back 100% rested and ready to rock and roll for the playoffs. Everyone.:nod:

I'd be more concerned with Malkin, if he's 100% he's the kind of guy that takes over games like no one else in the league right now, not even Crosby can take over a game the way beast mode Malkin can. So I hope he continues to rest and his wrist is better and so is his shoulder, success in the playoffs relies on him being in beast mode too.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd be more concerned with Malkin, if he's 100% he's the kind of guy that takes over games like no one else in the league right now, not even Crosby can take over a game the way beast mode Malkin can. So I hope he continues to rest and his wrist is better and so is his shoulder, success in the playoffs relies on him being in beast mode too.

Yeah I don't think we will be catching lightning in a bottle this time.

If we go anywhere, it's on the shoulders of a beast mode Malkin and Sid backstopped by a Conn Smyth Murray.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Probably a wrist issue. He's blocked a shot and been slashed hard on a couple of occasions over the past couple of months. Wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly needed surgery for it this summer, but he's just trying to play through it.

It's pretty clearly the shoulder. He mentioned having pain shooting pucks after the Calgary game and that's why they're sitting him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's because you press F5 with your finger, not your mouse, Cole. :laugh:

8eafc0123e312237a414fcb86be1c588ded53c4e_hq.gif

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well, it's good news about Rust, right? If today's skate isn't optional, we might even get a bread crumb as to how likely he is to play.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It Rusty is back, I wonder if they go with the Sheary-Crosby-Rust line.

I wouldn't mind easing Rust in, but the injuries suck right now. My preference would be some 4th line minutes and get him acclimated at the right pace.

But I guess we aren't given that luxury with our current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->