Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in 1st Post) | Murray Probable Starter @ Sens; Rust 'Close' to Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Lmao. I think everyone will be back by round one minus daley (maybe hagelin; but I think hags will be back too). I honestly think letang/Malkin could play right now if we really needed them but are choosing to rest them; pens have played a lot of hockey over the past 2 years rest is good. Maata should be back shortly; rust is super close. I'm guessing guentzel out around a week. Hainsey will be back for sure, that dude has never played a playoff game in sure they are just holding him out as well to make sure he makes it to the playoffs lol (knowing our luck he would come back and get injured again a week before playoffs)

that first game of the playoffs may look very awkward, almost like completely new team...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He's a young kid...that's what burns my ass the most about this. Has his entire future ahead of him and now he's more susceptible to concussions.

The league has no interest in protecting these kids though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We will find out in a couple days. Ususally day 1 is protocol, which means no activity to monitor symptoms. Then they test activity. Then they test being on the ice and the reaction to that. So protocol probably takes at least 7-10 days at best.

Major bonus would be JG trying the ice portion by the end of the weekend.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Unbelievable that Letang's injury was shared nonchalantly and he's now been out nearly a month

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Unbelievable that Letang's injury was shared nonchalantly and he's now been out nearly a month

I wouldn't use the word unbelievable. I think it's completely believable with this team.

Here's a refresher:

Maintenance day becomes day-to-day, which becomes "we're hoping it's not long term," which becomes "it's complicated," which becomes week-to-week, which becomes "indefinitely," which then leads to shutting a guy down for months or the season.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
We are going to go into the playoffs with only Sid, Kessel, Cole, and one of MM/MAF. And the rest AHL call ups...

Jesus Christ this injury curse is horrid this year.

I honestly can't believe how we keep winning in all of this.

I know some just like to argue and complain, but if the team doesn't get 100% for the post season I don't see how we can repeat, even win 1 round this year would be something.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Kessel may as well be injured with how invisible he's been past month+

Crosby, Sheary, Horny, Schultz, Bonino (March version), MM + AHLers

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We will find out in a couple days. Ususally day 1 is protocol, which means no activity to monitor symptoms. Then they test activity. Then they test being on the ice and the reaction to that. So protocol probably takes at least 7-10 days at best.

Yup. Gonna be an agonizing couple of days. Worst part his, this hurt's Sid's Art Ross race as well unless Sullivan does the unthinkable and puts Horny back with Sid. Then he'll win by 10 goals and several points.

Playoffs though...playoffs are what matter. Get him back for those and all is well.

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
Man, they gotta move Kessel up with Crosby and Sheary. He hasn't been doing much of anything at all on the third line. And if Kunitz stays up there, idc what Sullivan's done for us he should be instantly fired. Crosby could've had 60 goals and 120 points if he hadn't been stuck with Kunitz for two and a half months.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
He's a young kid...that's what burns my ass the most about this. Has his entire future ahead of him and now he's more susceptible to concussions.

The league has no interest in protecting these kids though.

It's not just the kids, it's all players.

Hopefully Jake the Snake will be back soon.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Lmao. I think everyone will be back by round one minus daley (maybe hagelin; but I think hags will be back too). I honestly think letang/Malkin could play right now if we really needed them but are choosing to rest them; pens have played a lot of hockey over the past 2 years rest is good. Maata should be back shortly; rust is super close. I'm guessing guentzel out around a week. Hainsey will be back for sure, that dude has never played a playoff game in sure they are just holding him out as well to make sure he makes it to the playoffs lol (knowing our luck he would come back and get injured again a week before playoffs)

To be honest with you if the playoffs were actually starting today then I could say with confidence that every single one of our injured guys (aside from Guentzel) would likely be available to play tonight. Now that we've clinched I can guarantee you that Sullivan is gonna take the conservative route and rest up these guys as much as possible between now and playoff time, especially taking into consideration the condensed schedule and the knuckleheads we still have to play.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada

My prediction of at least "2 months" stands. He really didn't look good after that hit.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Oh yeah. Completely expecting to hear Sid is day-to-day with an upper body injury from that high stick.

Ok, so what are the updated rumors on what Malkin's injury actually is?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Dudes get knocked out cold and miss a week or two. The initial impact or seriousness tends to have little bearing on the duration.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Oh yeah. Completely expecting to hear Sid is day-to-day with an upper body injury from that high stick.

Ok, so what are the updated rumors on what Malkin's injury actually is?

Probably a wrist issue. He's blocked a shot and been slashed hard on a couple of occasions over the past couple of months. Wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly needed surgery for it this summer, but he's just trying to play through it.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I wouldn't use the word unbelievable. I think it's completely believable with this team.

Here's a refresher:

Maintenance day becomes day-to-day, which becomes "we're hoping it's not long term," which becomes "it's complicated," which becomes week-to-week, which becomes "indefinitely," which then leads to shutting a guy down for months or the season.

Yep.

I remember when the genius known as Dan Bylsma told us that Sidney Crosby would be out 7-10 days with a "mild concussion."

Two years lost after he said that. Mild concussions don't actually exist, so we should have known.

Rust and Letang's injuries also started with that type of update.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
9 injuries, 8 of which are starters. Yet the Pens keep on rolling.

Sullivan for coach of the year?

He gets my vote for the Adams regardless of his ******** marriage to Kunitz.

Man, they gotta move Kessel up with Crosby and Sheary. He hasn't been doing much of anything at all on the third line. And if Kunitz stays up there, idc what Sullivan's done for us he should be instantly fired. Crosby could've had 60 goals and 120 points if he hadn't been stuck with Kunitz for two and a half months.

I'm down for that.

Sheary-Crosby-Kessel
Archibald-Cullen-Hornqvist
Wilson-Bonino-uhhhh Rowney?

We need to stop spreading our players, we got no more depth, we need to put all our eggs into 1 basket.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
He gets my vote for the Adams regardless of his ******** marriage to Kunitz.

I'm down for that.

Sheary-Crosby-Kessel
Archibald-Cullen-Hornqvist
Wilson-Bonino-uhhhh Rowney?

We need to stop spreading our players, we got no more depth, we need to put all our eggs into 1 basket.

Crosby though was scoring at will with Hornqvist so that's a pretty good basket to have. If Sully doesn't play S-C-H he's bat**** crazy.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
9 injuries, 8 of which are starters. Yet the Pens keep on rolling.

Sullivan for coach of the year?

No. The Adams can be added to the list of individual trophies that have been Kunitzed, though in this case for Sullivan it is self inflicted.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sheary-Sid-Horny
Wilson-NB/MC-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-NB/MC-Rowney
Archi-Sundy-Sestito

Yikes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad