Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in 1st Post) | Murray Probable Starter @ Sens; Rust 'Close' to Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Bryan Rust | Unknown | 2.10.17 | Unknown | Unknown | Next step is being a game-time decisiont | 3.20.17 | @PensJG
Olli Maatta | Hand | 2.17.17 | 6 Weeks | 3.31.17 | Progressing | 3.20.17 | @penguins
Trevor Daley | Knee Surgery | 2.23.17 | 6 Weeks | 4.6.17 (Earliest) | Underwent knee surgery | 2.23.17 | @penguins
Krist Letang | Upper Body | 2.23.17 | Unknown | Unknown | Progressing | 3.20.17 | @penguins
Carl Hagelin | Lower Body | 3.11.17 | 4 Weeks (Min) | 4.9.17 (Earliest) | No other details at this time | 3.11.17 | @penguins
Ron Hainsey | Upper Body | 3.17.17 | Week-to-Week | Unknown | No other details at this time | 3.17.17 | @penguins
Evgeni Malkin | Upper Body | 3.17.17 | Day-to-Day | Unknown | Progressing, will not travel to Buffalo | 3.20.17 | @penguins
Tom Sestito | Upper Body | 3.21.17 | Day-to-Day | Unknown |No other details at this time | 3.21.17 | @JMackeyPG
Jake Guentzel | Concussion | 3.21.17 | Unknown | Unknown | No other details at this time | 3.21.17 | @penguins

Previous injury thread is here
We'll keep track of all injuries using this spreadsheet. Check the tabs at the bottom for the previous season and playoffs.

« 03.23.17 | Game Day @ Sens »

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wondering if DP finally gets called up. I remember a couple years ago the Pens missed 5 out of 6 of the starting defense and the team seemed to play better then normal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think we should put a rush on that vet #7 d-man we're looking for.

Better now so he can get into some games and adjust to the system before the D gets healthy and he goes into the press box.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
See you in a couple of weeks, Daley.

But he did seem to get sick a fair bit last season.

He missed 17 games due to a hand injury, but there's nothing else listed on the spread sheet. There is a 2 game discrepancy, so maybe I just didn't record it if it was a one day he-could-of-played-but-we-decided-to-let-him-rest sort of thing. :dunno:

He was sick during the SCF, or more specifically he was battling an elbow infection, but he played through it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think we should put a rush on that vet #7 d-man we're looking for.

Better now so he can get into some games and adjust to the system before the D gets healthy and he goes into the press box.

i don't think we need a veteran #7 d-man, we need a stud top 4 d-man, someone with the speed and good first pass, we have three-four #7 d-man

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
If he doesn't play tonight it will be the first game he's missed this season. He may have had some extra maintenance days, but I don't keep track of that so couldn't say for sure.
He was sick a lot last season and missed probably half of training camp/preseason with some virus. Then he was quarantined through the last round of the playoffs with some kind of fever.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
i don't think we need a veteran #7 d-man, we need a stud top 4 d-man, someone with the speed and good first pass, we have three-four #7 d-man

Everybody needs that. I doubt we make a deal for a top 4 guy.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He missed 17 games due to a hand injury, but there's nothing else listed on the spread sheet. There is a 2 game discrepancy, so maybe I just didn't record it if it was a one day he-could-of-played-but-we-decided-to-let-him-rest sort of thing. :dunno:

He was sick during the SCF, or more specifically he was battling an elbow infection, but he played through it.

I remember two or three times he didn't or almost didn't play because he was sick in the RS.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I remember two or three times he didn't or almost didn't play because he was sick in the RS.

He missed 17 games for sure, which would have put him at 65 RS games played. His official stats say he played 63 games, so there's that 2 game discrepancy I mentioned. For whatever reason I don't have a record for those 2 games. IDK why.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Another game, another injury. It seems like every time the Pens win a game, they lose a body.

The defense is decimated again. And with Letang playing like his brain doesn't work anymore, it's not helping the situation.

JR's really got to beef up the blueline, pronto.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Wondering if DP finally gets called up. I remember a couple years ago the Pens missed 5 out of 6 of the starting defense and the team seemed to play better then normal.

That was because we were trading Orpik, Scuderi etc's ice time for Despres, Maatta, Niskanen. It worked because we had the wrong lineup in the first place.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Listening to JR on The Fan. He said they're hoping to get Schultz back soon, maybe even by Saturday's game. He also said Daley had an MRI today, but he hasn't seen the results yet.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So far, we haven't been given any kind of information about Rust's injury other than that it will keep him out until close to the playoffs. So, here's a picture of him and Sheary ...

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
So far, we haven't been given any kind of information about Rust's injury other than that it will keep him out until close to the playoffs. So, here's a picture of him and Sheary ...

Sheary is wearing a brace on his left elbow

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is Rust wearing something on his right forearm? It looks like there's something there, that could be something that has to do with a wrist injury. The length he's out for fits that injury too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As always Degen.. cannot thank you enough for doing these threads. Such an easy thing to click on and read.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is Rust wearing something on his right forearm? It looks like there's something there, that could be something that has to do with a wrist injury. The length he's out for fits that injury too.

I don't see anything on Rust's right arm but Sheary is clearly wearing a brace on his left arm and I wonder how much that will hurt his production when he is back, Sheary wasn't the best shooter to begin with but his shot wasn't terrible either by any means.

I hope Sheary is back soon at least.

I wonder what Rust's injury actually is, he's out for a while.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Well, just the fact that Daley had an MRI isn't the best news. With how it's been going, I expect him out at least a few weeks.

Been what, two weeks since Rust's injury and not even an initial update? At this point, I'm betting he's done for AT LEAST the rest of the regular season.

Yes, I'm a pessimist. But I really do think Rust is done.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
I don't see anything on Rust's right arm but Sheary is clearly wearing a brace on his left arm and I wonder how much that will hurt his production when he is back, Sheary wasn't the best shooter to begin with but his shot wasn't terrible either by any means.

I hope Sheary is back soon at least.

I wonder what Rust's injury actually is, he's out for a while.

Watching the replay of rusts injury and I wonder if it's his left shoulder or left arm or something. The way he lands on it. I dunno. Maybe a torn/pulled shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad