Prospect Info: Vojtech Budik (2016, 130th) – '18-19: Rights relinquished; returns to Czech leagues

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Too bad was hoping for another Mathieu Chouinard.

Different circumstances - Ottawa had offered Chouinard a deal and he didn't sign. Buffalo didn't offer Budik a deal, so there is not enough interest there from the team to warrant another selection.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
How often does a player get drafted a second time when his original drafting team chooses not to sign him. I would think the chances would f being drafted again are very low
Not very often. At most there are a couple of re-drafted players in a year. Sometimes there are none. I'd guess that Budik is unlikely to get drafted again, but it's possible. Curious to see what happens if he doesn't get re-drafted. Do the Sabres attempt to bring him into dev camp/training camp or do they decide they aren't interested? Or even if the Sabres are interested, have they burned that bridge by letting him re-enter the draft?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Not very often. At most there are a couple of re-drafted players in a year. Sometimes there are none. I'd guess that Budik is unlikely to get drafted again, but it's possible. Curious to see what happens if he doesn't get re-drafted. Do the Sabres attempt to bring him into dev camp/training camp or do they decide they aren't interested? Or even if the Sabres are interested, have they burned that bridge by letting him re-enter the draft?
Only if he has multiple other suitors to bring him to camp. Otherwise these kids are going to take any chance they get, and dev camp is one of them.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Fifth-round pick in 2016 so it's more than likely that the Buffalo organization has turned the page. But as a 22-year-old in his second season of pro hockey in the Czech Republic Extraliga despite missing 13 games.

Vojtech Budik recently signed a contract for next year with Plzen. Any likelihood he is back in North America after that?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fifth-round pick in 2016 so it's more than likely that the Buffalo organization has turned the page. But as a 22-year-old in his second season of pro hockey in the Czech Republic Extraliga despite missing 13 games.

Vojtech Budik recently signed a contract for next year with Plzen. Any likelihood he is back in North America after that?

Buffalo does not retain his rights.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

you going around team’s forums and bumping irrelevant prospect’s old threads with actual information is delightful

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I did not realize it was the same guy resurrecting all of these old threads and actually replied to a couple. I never thought to check, though I did think it strange that we're having a zombie apocalypse in addition to the COVID 19 pandemic

Explained in another thread and apologize if it's an inconvenience.

Basically I've been away from hockey(in terms of prospect information) since HF ceased. I realize this may be old territory for some of you and appreciate the patience.

Trying to do my due diligence with things basically shutdown here in NJ as at one time was pretty up-to-date on all these things and was wondering why some of them either failed to reach potential or fell of the rails.

Reactions: cybresabre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad