Vlasic vs Weber

Vlasic or Weber?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Seems like I’m the first odd one out. I went Vlasic mostly due to injury concerns with Weber. Big dude with a tough playstyle, very respectable but going to be very noticeable towards the end of his contract. Plus he’s 2 years older and contracts end at the same year. (Wow I didn’t realize they are signed that long)

Reactions: LatvianTwist

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Weber was better for a long period of time, Weber declined notably around 2015-2016 and Vlasic had the edge, but Vlasic has recently fallen off a cliff and Weber is currently much better.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Weber for me. Ask me a year ago, and I'd have said Vlasic. Both are overpaid, but Weber is a better two way player and currently a better foundational piece. Vlasic is not himself. He needs to get it together or I'd happily ship him out. Can't believe I've said that, as one of his biggest fans the last 5 years.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
A first pairing Dman or a third pairing Dman? Difficult question but i'll take the first pairing guy.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Weber for me. Ask me a year ago, and I'd have said Vlasic. Both are overpaid, but Weber is a better two way player and currently a better foundational piece. Vlasic is not himself. He needs to get it together or I'd happily ship him out. Can't believe I've said that, as one of his biggest fans the last 5 years.

I don't think Weber is overpaid and unlike most around here i don't think his play has fallen off much at all in past few years.

And i'm not just saying this because he's on the Habs who i like - i felt his last year/playoffs in Nashville he was getting way too much criticizing.

He's still a top defender in the league, very capable and very solid. Duncan Keith has really fallen off. Erik Karlsson is having a bad year (though will probably rebound). I don't think Weber has changed that much in the past 3-5 years. Very slow decline so far.

The issue with Weber is his cap hit going into many more years, which is scary, for when he does decline more as the years pass. But based on current play he's still near the top of league.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Weber. never really got a chance to see Vlasic on a weaker roster long term with exception of the 2015 year. Weber elevated sub par rosters for many years of his career.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Weber was better for a long period of time, Weber declined notably around 2015-2016 and Vlasic had the edge, but Vlasic has recently fallen off a cliff and Weber is currently much better.

Dang, didn't realize Vlasic's game has taken such a big hit. Should be, and looks to be an easy win for Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->