Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Vladdy is a playmaker center finesse! He is a very good skater and a great locker room guy. Fits the bill as a number two center he needs a good sniper on his line if you expect 50 to 60 points a year from him. I hate losing vladdy but I wish him the best with the rangers.

Except he’s really not a center. He’s a wing that can play center in a pinch (injuries, etc.). Saying he’s a Number two center is laughable.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I’d rather have Raddysh over Howden but Howden over Foote

To me - and take this all for a grain of salt because i havent watched any of them play other than some highlights - Raddysh has a bit too much bust potential for me. Foote and Howden I think are guaranteed to have some sort of NHL careers, but seeing a guy regress from a numbers stand point in Raddysh certainly scares me.

Reactions: haveandare

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I may be alone in this camp but I like Namestinkov more than Miller. More skill and more versatile. Miller has size and speed but he does take shifts and games off and that was infuriating to watch. I don't care if JT would be a career 15G / 24A guy, but just give it your all every game. That did kind of tick me off ... seemed to tick off Jeff as well.

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009
I may be alone in this camp but I like Namestinkov more than Miller. More skill and more versatile. Miller has size and speed but he does take shifts and games off and that was infuriating to watch. I don't care if JT would be a career 15G / 24A guy, but just give it your all every game. That did kind of tick me off ... seemed to tick off Jeff as well.

Agreed. I suspect GMJG (and maybe the organization overall) grew a bit tired of him and saw Namestinkov as a better fit for what they were trying to build going forward. I'm sure he could have swapped Miller for prospects which would have made a lot of people around here happy, but it would have been detrimental if you want to remain competitive and build a winning culture. I'm a fan of the swap... feel like I'm clearly in the minority.

Reactions: Stasis

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Agreed. I suspect GMJG (and maybe the organization overall) grew a bit tired of him and saw Namestinkov as a better fit for what they were trying to build going forward. I'm sure he could have swapped Miller for prospects which would have made a lot of people around here happy, but it would have been detrimental if you want to remain competitive and build a winning culture. I'm a fan of the swap... feel like I'm clearly in the minority.
Also Namestinkov is either going to be part of this rebuild or be a piece to move. I think they will let the rest of this season with new linemates tell that for them.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Miller would do better under a different coach than AV. I think he needed some "tougher love" and someone to make him work on keeping his game more aggressive. He has a tendency to get too passive at times and play the perimeter, not take shots, try to sit and look for perfect passes, etc. AV doesn't seem to be the coach to get guys to play with an edge or aggressiveness. Under the right coach Miller could do well if he'll take the instruction.

Don't know much about V. Nasty so we'll see how he does

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brady Skjei had more post-season goals in a single game than JT Miller has in his career, in 40 games. Some people were talking about Miller as if he should be the player to build around. He's not bad, but he is not as good as some make him out to be.

Namestnikov will be cheaper to re-sign than Miller and the difference in impact is debatable.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Brady Skjei had more post-season goals in a single game than JT Miller has in his career, in 40 games. Some people were talking about Miller as if he should be the player to build around. He's not bad, but he is not as good as some make him out to be.

Namestnikov will be cheaper to re-sign than Miller and the difference in impact is debatable.
Miller may get some goals this postseason depending on who he plays with....but I would not be surprised if he flounders yet again. He disappears when the games count the most.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the Rangers website has him as #90 and Georgiev as number #40.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Great net presence, good possession player, particularly astonishingly good at zone exit. In short, reliable. He's a bit underrated as he's willing to do most of his share of the dirty work to make life easier for his linemates, preferably top-6 players, has trouble gelling with bottom 6 forwards tho. Fast and decent skater but can't stand on his feet under physical punishment, this might be his biggest weakness. Epitome of a complementary player, which is not an insult at all, just get Namestnikov the right personnel to help him help them, profit.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Great net presence, good possession player, particularly astonishingly good at zone exit. In short, reliable. He's a bit underrated as he's willing to do most of his share of the dirty work to make life easier for his linemates, preferably top-6 players, has trouble gelling with bottom 6 forwards tho. Fast and decent skater but can't stand on his feet under physical punishment, this might be his biggest weakness. Epitome of a complementary player, which is not an insult at all, just get Namestnikov the right personnel to help him help them, profit.

Pair him with Buchnevich. No one will expect all the passes between players off their feet.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I come in peace from Rangers South...

You'll like Names speed game and his ability to make plays. He does make the splash play but he's a solid passer which most people overlook. Where you will get frustrated with him (as we did) as he tends to take time off from charging into his own zone and taking on other Forwards. He should be a solid 40-50 point guy for y'all IF you put some speed on the line with him. If you put him on a slow line, he'll languish and be useless.

Good luck and in the end you'll be happy with the prospects we sent you also, trust me.

Reactions: shinchanyo and Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad