Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i have no problem keeping him to the TDL then moving him as a rental,
I've liked his last ~40 games, he and Quinn have developed mutual respect,
i feel he has been a good influence on Buch
and could help with Kravstov, Rykov, Shesty, maybe moreso than Buch, still proving himself,
or (if) Panarin who would have his own expectations and transitions to bear
if there is no Cap crunch, not pressing to move him

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I am pretty sure Edmonton is better off with Draisaitl+Chiasson for 9.5M than they would be with Lucic+Gagner for 9.5M. Oh wait, they have both.

And I will EASILY take Panarin+Brickley over Kreider+Namestnikov and I don't think it's remotely close especially with a coach like Quinn who gives his top line huge minutes relative to his fourth line.
I guess you're missing the point with this simplistic comparison. Edmonton is bad because they have no depth. There isn't a single top team that has top end talent plus "random" elc's. Instead these teams have high-end talent + depth + high quality ELC players mixed in.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I would like to keep Vlad until next deadline.

LW
Kreider
Chytil
Vlad
Lemiuex

C
Zib
Howden
Lias
Strome

RW
Buch
Kravtsov
Vesey
Fast

Forward group for next year looks pretty solid outside of center.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

LW
Kreider
Chytil
Vlad
Lemiuex

C
Zib
Howden
Lias
Strome

RW
Buch
Kravtsov
Vesey
Fast

RW looks really weak too.

That's a very inconsistent 1 RW, a not old enough to drink 2 RW who may not even be ready for more than the AHL and his sickness Jimmy Vesey. Great bottom 6 depth though.Hopefully Buch and CHyt take more significant steps forward in their development. I'm counting on smaller improvements that maybe turn into a big step or two as we near this point next year.

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I guess you're missing the point with this simplistic comparison. Edmonton is bad because they have no depth. There isn't a single top team that has top end talent plus "random" elc's. Instead these teams have high-end talent + depth + high quality ELC players mixed in.
Edmonton has no depth because of stupid trades like Hall for Larsson and Eberle for Strome/Spooner, and signing bums like Russell/Lucic to big contracts. Their depth problems aren't because of McDavid and Draisaitl. They could have good depth if they spent money on the right players, but they didn't.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

No. Edmonton has no depth because they traded away Hall/Eberle and pay Lucic/Gagner/Larsson/Russell a combined 18M or so.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
No. Edmonton has no depth because they traded away Hall/Eberle and pay Lucic/Gagner/Larsson/Russell a combined 18M or so.
I'm not debating how EDM got to where they are, but your point that you'd go with $11m + random elc over two lower end but proven good players with the same combined cap hit. Anyway moving on...

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
5g 6a for 11 pts in his last 12 g. He is having more ice time since the trades which partly can explain his increased production.

I would wait before passing judgement, one side or the other.

He has produced before with good players so maybe he can put something together if he keeps getting the opportunity.

Reactions: Fixxer

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
5g 6a for 11 pts in his last 12 g. He is having more ice time since the trades which partly can explain his increased production.

I would wait before passing judgement, one side or the other.

He has produced before with good players so maybe he can put something together if he keeps getting the opportunity.

He has a lot of attributes of a top6 forward except hands. Still he is a level above Fast. Also better than Strome.

Reactions: Dijock94

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Does anyone miss Miller? I know I don't

Taking the quality of their respective teams into consideration, his production isn't too far from Miller's this season.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Taking the quality of their respective teams into consideration, his production isn't too far from Miller's this season.

I missed him a lot more than McD, but 36 points in 63 games? That is not very good.

We are likely keeping Namestnikov until the next trade deadline with all the Russians coming in he will likely be needed.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Miller is a guy that I'm fairly certain would have real problems with Quinn. Or, vice versa, most likely.

And no, I don't miss him.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

To be honest when the Rangers traded McDonagh my initial reaction was why did they have to include Miller? I wasn't even a huge fan of his I just thought he'd stick around for the early stages of the rebuild.

But I can say now that I haven't missed him at all this season. Namestnikov has been very good lately. He's at a very different place than he was at the beginning of the season where I think he was made a healthy scratch 3 or 4 games in? Might be wrong on that but he has responded to Quinn's messages.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I recognize we prob had to take on Namest to save the McD deal, otherwise, I'd have preferred to move JT elsewhere and suspect we'd get at least a 1st for him.

------
Namest hasn't been bad, much better lately, but I was hoping we'd add a 2nd + with him and get a late 1st.

Obv, GMJG had other to work within the market and the exact variables this time around.

I predict Hayes will return; we are adding Kravtsov also nxt yr
Possibly Panarin

Failure to move Namest and Strome [who is okay as RW, but adding to logjam at pivot] is giving Quinn just enough depth to stay close, and we are likely helping teams like Debs go top 3 or so while we may not get to 5.

Hope they are both moved before the draft

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If Zuccarello didn't get a first, JT Miller isn't getting one either. JT = 2nd + prospect, at best. The Rangers were rumored as interested in Namestnikov before the Miller deal, so he wasn't some throw in that we "had to take".

He's been fine. Especially the last 40ish games.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed on first, but he needs to produce more to be worth $4m.

I think a a two way, 30-40 point forward is usually going for around 4 million these days. Especially with the cap higher now and continuing to go up.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Yeah, only 9 more points on a *stacked* team, and got a 25M deal. I'm quite OK with not having JT right now.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Nams I think has been a great influence on Buch. Nams doesn't look to be extremely physical out there but his motor just keeps going (he'll get bumped off the puck fairly easily at times but and instead of tapering, he bounces back with a shoulder/forearm and re-engages to the max) and he definitely takes some punishment for it as well, but he seems pretty durable despite not being that big and can take it well. It seems to drive his game too which is nice. Buch is learning that as well and it's made a big difference in his game. It's ok to get bumped off the puck occasionally because you're not the biggest or strongest, it's how you respond after that the coaches are closely reviewing. Are you right back on the guy who took the puck without over committing out of anger? Are you able to get back into your supporting position ASAP? I really feel Nams has been an excellent example for Buch for how to respond to physical play when you're a 'skill' guy who is not the biggest and coaches just eat that heart and soul shit up.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

LW
Kreider
Chytil
Vlad
Lemiuex

C
Zib
Howden
Lias
Strome

RW
Buch
Kravtsov
Vesey
Fast

So basically the current skeleton crew plus a 20 year old rookie? Hate to break it to you but next year might suck too.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If Zuccarello didn't get a first, JT Miller isn't getting one either. JT = 2nd + prospect, at best. The Rangers were rumored as interested in Namestnikov before the Miller deal, so he wasn't some throw in that we "had to take".

He's been fine. Especially the last 40ish games.
The two picks Zuccarello got >>>> a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad