Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
I don't think Datsyuk-lite is even remotely close. Vladdy is a thorn in the side of anyone he plays and he's got a lot of pest in him. No way he ever gets nominated for the Lady Byng. Selke? Not impossible.

It was a tongue in cheek comparison really given his hands and the fact he's russian :laugh:. I think he's quite hard to compare to a current NHL player.

How many players have that speed, defense and SILKY hands, combined with a real pain in the ass attitude?

Syracuse Crunch fan

Apr 28, 2003
Syracuse
Visit site
Add a few cents here...

Vlad really was hampered by the shoulder when he came back, trying to find a place on the team.

He's centering the second line now and looks fantastic. He's one of the fastest guys on the team and knows when to turn on the jets. He was evidently getting under the skin of multiple Portland players in that series, so he doesn't mind that role.

He needs to add about 10-15 pounds of muscle, but at his age that shouldn't be a problem. If he can get stronger and keep his speed he should have the skill to make the jump.

Like was said before - top 6 role here next year with a cup of coffee then compete for a spot the year after. I could see him being a 40-50 point guy in the AHL next year, if not more.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
He's got an extra gear that Moore doesn't have. We've only seen it in flashes so far but he can accelerate like a jet and has hands that can keep up. If he can keep healthy next year then he has a much higher upside than Moore.

There was a goal this year from Vladdy that demonstrated the speed. It was linked in one of the highlight packs here. Transition goal on a turnover in the NZ and he turned on the jets. Made everyone else on the ice, including teammates look stationary.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
There was a goal this year from Vladdy that demonstrated the speed. It was linked in one of the highlight packs here. Transition goal on a turnover in the NZ and he turned on the jets. Made everyone else on the ice, including teammates look stationary.

Exactly! Plus he has a nasty streak that means when he beefs out a little bit, he's going to be a mean ******* to play against!

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England

It was more impressive than that, it was vs Norfolk, stole the puck, turned on the jets, pylonised recent top 10 pick dman Lindholm then deked the goalie out. Magic.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It was more impressive than that, it was vs Norfolk, stole the puck, turned on the jets, pylonised recent top 10 pick dman Lindholm then deked the goalie out. Magic.

And the goalie was arguably the top goaltending prospect in the world, John Gibson.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He's got an extra gear that Moore doesn't have. We've only seen it in flashes so far but he can accelerate like a jet and has hands that can keep up. If he can keep healthy next year then he has a much higher upside than Moore.

Yeah, he has much more offensive flair than Moore, with about the same "******* quality", and defensively I think Vlads ceiling could be higher because of his speed.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I want to know if you guys think that Vladislav Namestnikov will be coming up to the big leagues any time soon. He is an excellent skater and a very skilled offensive center. He has some pretty good stats in the OHL and AHL do you think he will be able to convert in the NHL?
His Stats
2010-11 London Knights OHL 68 30 38 68 49 12 6 1 4 5 6
2011-12 London Knights OHL 63 22 49 71 50 15 19 4 14 18 18
2012-13 Syracuse Crunch AHL 44 7 14 21 32 4 18 2 5 7 10
2013-14 Tampa Bay Lightning* NHL 4 0 0 0 4 -1
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch AHL 41 17 22 39 23 -1
↓↓↓ LEAVE OPINIONS BELOW ↓↓↓ :):):)

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I fixed Namestnikov's stats

I think i messed up on the stats so ill do it again

Regular Season
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/-
2010-11 London Knights OHL 68 30 38 68
2011-12 London Knights OHL 63 22 49 71
2012-13 Syracuse Crunch AHL 44 7 14 21
2013-14 Tampa Bay Lightning* NHL 4 0 0
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch AHL 41 17 22 39
sorry for the mistake guys

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, he'll be on the team eventually. Probably another year cooking in the A while being the first/second call-up next season, and then full time after that. He's got a good two-way game, and I think the short taste he had of the big show this year will do him some good.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well malone is gonna be gone.

Purcell? BIG QUESTION.

Pyatt?

That is the questions if 2 of 3 go? If all 3 go?

He will be up sometime next year imo. So will paquette for some duty.

Just not sure if they are gonna be on team till 2015-2016 full time.

Vladdy has to work on offseason will work with kucherov I assume both go to roberts camp with connolly and stamkos.

See how much weight muscle can put on etc.

I personally really like vladdies game. I think he translate big time to nhl and good news is he can come up and play fourth line cause he has the solid two way game.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Well malone is gonna be gone.

Purcell? BIG QUESTION.

Pyatt?

That is the questions if 2 of 3 go? If all 3 go?

He will be up sometime next year imo. So will paquette for some duty.

Just not sure if they are gonna be on team till 2015-2016 full time.

Vladdy has to work on offseason will work with kucherov I assume both go to roberts camp with connolly and stamkos.

See how much weight muscle can put on etc.

I personally really like vladdies game. I think he translate big time to nhl and good news is he can come up and play fourth line cause he has the solid two way game.

Man connolly i expected him to be playing in the nhl by now but i hope he comes up with Namestnikov

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Man connolly i expected him to be playing in the nhl by now but i hope he comes up with Namestnikov

connolly has to be up next season.

His problem is that our players are all 2 way forwards. All of them so all are ahead of him defensively and all are better playmakers.

He though is a top notch goal scorer. He needs time and a guy to take on wing that will drive him to the net so to speak:) Callahan would be a wonderful mentor. His two way defensive game has improved big time. He is more physical and aware. Just all these kids?

They are playmakers everyone of them and connolly is really just a goal scorer. He needs to get dirty and mix it up and play at net and become fearless otherwise he is probably going to be a casualty in time. The others just bring more to table unless he becomes a beast at the net.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Does anybody know why Vlad is wearing #90? He's wearing it in Syracuse and in camp this year. Last season he wore #65 when he was called up which was probably just a placeholder. He was born in 1992 but he doesn't wear #92 like Landeskog or Kuznetsov. Was #9 originally "his" number? Maybe it was taken and he switched to #90 and stuck with it (Modano wore #90 in Detroit, Vinny is wearing #40 in Philly etc.).

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Does anybody know why Vlad is wearing #90? He's wearing it in Syracuse and in camp this year. Last season he wore #65 when he was called up which was probably just a placeholder. He was born in 1992 but he doesn't wear #92 like Landeskog or Kuznetsov. Was #9 originally "his" number? Maybe it was taken and he switched to #90 and stuck with it (Modano wore #90 in Detroit, Vinny is wearing #40 in Philly etc.).

I don’t know, the only thing I can see that could be something would be that he started his “playing carer†in 2009 which could have been sweistch from 09 to 90, but if that’s the case or if it’s something else I don’t know.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

You never know what obscure player might have been his favorite.

Or it could have been the only jersey available in his pee wee days, and now he's superstitious.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

No idea man. He switched from #18 to #90 last season as a member of the Syracuse Crunch. Maybe he just liked the look of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad