Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Asking more for fantasy related reasons but is Vladi the real deal? Will he be able to keep this production up for a few years or is this gonna be more of a career year for him?
As long as he plays with stamkos and kucherov yes he will keep putting up a lot of points

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm really hoping that the Vladdy we are getting now remains the finished product and this isn't just him playing great because it's a contract year. At this point he's gonna cash in at $5 million a season because God knows he's become vastly superior to Killorn in every way now. If he keeps this up he's gonna have a legitimate chance at 30 goals. It's almost ironic because that's what Connolly was drafted for and I would have ever imagined that a guy I nicknamed "Russian Purcell" would ever come close to doing such a thing.

I know I'm constantly bringing up the Pens but that was honestly the deepest team I've seen in a long time. If Hornqvist, Crosby and Malkin didn't kill you it was the HBK connection. If they didn't do it then Sheary stepped up. If it wasn't him then someone like Kunitz would win game 7 in OT. If it wasn't him then they'd LOL in your face and say "Bro this isn't even my final form" and Guentzel would go f***ing nuts and score 13 goals of his own.

Fingers crossed that this is not a fluke that Namestnikov can become a reliable answer to a problem like that if we make the playoffs and run into a team producing like that. We already know what the big guns are gonna do but any shot at a championship is gonna rest on his shoulders along with Gourde, Killorn and probably Kunitz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I didn't see any of the opening game vs NYR. How did Namestnikov look? One game I know but I don't want Coop just deciding on Bro Time with Kucherov either because he can't be productive anywhere else. That was Johnson's problem with Palat for years

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I didn't see any of the opening game vs NYR. How did Namestnikov look? One game I know but I don't want Coop just deciding on Bro Time with Kucherov either because he can't be productive anywhere else. That was Johnson's problem with Palat for years
the third line was barely on the ice so he didn’t really have a chance to do much. 9 minutes of ice time

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
the third line was barely on the ice so he didn’t really have a chance to do much. 9 minutes of ice time
I didn't see the box score either. Only 9 minutes TOI? Yeah, not much to go off of. I gotta turn in early tonight too and won't see much either. Oh well. He can earn his way up the depth chart

Reactions: ccman68

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Looks like a big whiff if he's just gonna be stuck on that whatever 3rd line and nobody steps up.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
should've saved some of those preseason goals for the actual games.

still rather have him than kubalik. sure that guy will put up some points if he gets a lot of power play time on a shit team but he gets destroyed at 5v5 and that's all he would play on this team

Reactions: ultra63

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
im not necessarily for names and his contract, but he's playing better than it shows on the scoreboard. here he is matched up with the mercurial and schismatic killer;

1669729753333.png

shots/corsi/fenwick are fairly even, with shooting percentage obviously largely in killers favor (lol 0% c'mon names). but the part of the game that cooper likes, the defense, looks like its more in names' favor: especially the giveaway/takeaway ratio. killer loves to serve that puck up to the other team. hits is what surprised me, names is a wrecking ball out there.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think my biggest gripe with him is he gets knocked around like hes 18 and getting his first few games in the league. You're 27 bro, its time to put on some muscle and not be 175 lbs.
This. He pulls off one flashy move a night where you see his skill and IQ, then absolutely gets whacked off the puck and does nothing the rest of the game. Balcers in 3 games playing with slugs has more goals than Vlad in 20 games. Lol. It's not even entirely production. If he was solid two way, I'd be happy. Maybe Cirelli can make the guy click but I hate this signing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Still looks like a warm body to me. My issue is he's never going to be a grinder and he's not good enough to be a scorer.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Names reminds me of bad pasta. Like a soggy, overcooked, wet noodle that is mush.
One of the worst contracts on the team. JBB had to rush to sign him for some dumb reason. If Tampa wanted a bottom 6 grinder, Tyler Motte fit much better ans was cheaper, and if they wanted someone more offensively minded, Kubalik was the guy(for the same price as Names and is now better than ppg this season). Names does neither well. Just a rushed and horrible signing when far better options were available.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm like 99% sure we did this because he's Kucherov's buddy. But that's shameless speculation on my end. At this point we have to just accept the situation for what it is.

Reactions: JFleegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad