Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would be happy with a second round pick. He's cheap depth at this point but would be amazing for a team like Vegas

Why just a 2nd? He was a 1st round pick and looking at his draft he probably goes in a similar spot. With the way Point is playing he needs to be in the top 6 not on the 3rd line next year, Namestnikov is our only other 3C option we have. We trade him for a weak return like that we then have to overpay in free agency for similar production.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Why just a 2nd? He was a 1st round pick and looking at his draft he probably goes in a similar spot. With the way Point is playing he needs to be in the top 6 not on the 3rd line next year, Namestnikov is our only other 3C option we have. We trade him for a weak return like that we then have to overpay in free agency for similar production.

I can't tell if you are trolling, it's difficult to have a normal discussion with you

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
You Bolts fans are gonna call me nuts but I just traded Kuznetsov for this guy on my fantasy team. I have too many C and zero good LW so I can accept a sizeable downgrade.

Taking a huge chance but I see 50+ pts compared to 60+ for K., and a better +/-.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
You Bolts fans are gonna call me nuts but I just traded Kuznetsov for this guy on my fantasy team. I have too many C and zero good LW so I can accept a sizeable downgrade.

Taking a huge chance but I see 50+ pts compared to 60+ for K., and a better +/-.
If he stays on the top line, and they all stay healthy, you will do just fine.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Reading through this thread, no one here liked Names last year. That's funny to me. I always told y'all he was good.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So impressive this year. He's the perfect complimentary winger on that top line. Luckily Yzerman didn't follow my advice and settle with dealing him for a second

Reactions: NatoGhost

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He just plain sucked as a center, guys actually a very good winger. That and I do think he's probably one of the harder working guys during off-season

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm gonna call you nuts. :p

Things aren't going to stay sunshine and rainbows all year. We're going to have downturns, and Namestnikov's not a guy who I think will put up points in those tough times. I think he's played very well so far--he's far exceeded my expectations--but I still wouldn't bet on him producing a whole lot if and when he's not in the perfect position to do so.

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
I'm gonna call you nuts. :p

Things aren't going to stay sunshine and rainbows all year. We're going to have downturns, and Namestnikov's not a guy who I think will put up points in those tough times. I think he's played very well so far--he's far exceeded my expectations--but I still wouldn't bet on him producing a whole lot if and when he's not in the perfect position to do so.

If he's within 15 points of Kuznetsov the discount is worth it on my roster.

Also: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...stnikov-is-lightnings-top-line-secret/2341986

"He's always been a guy that's curious for me," Stamkos said. "You see the potential that he has. For him to get an opportunity where he can build some confidence for our line and get his confidence going I think is a big part, too, he can go out there and play."

The article makes it sound like he was just about to get off the ground last year when Stamkos went down.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Coop was in denial the entire last season. So glad he finally sticks on the 1st line. And guess what, it's working!

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Vlad is such a great fit on that line and much better than I think nearly all of us could have predicted. A lot of the little stuff he does goes mostly unnoticed, especially when he's playing with 3rd/4th liners, or even just dump & chase linemates. He's had many different linemates so much in the past or even just guys that don't fit his play style, but he fits in great with Kuch & Stammer. He isn't a big tough guy but is surprisingly good defensively and very good at puck retrieval. He's also very good at exiting his own zone and carrying the puck into the offensive zone (something Stamkos sucks at unless he just blows past the defender). With him & Kuch being great at carrying the puck and Vlad being able to dig pucks out (and has a decent shot) he is able to start many plays (or even just get the puck into the zone, retrieve it) that Kuch & Stammer are able to finish.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he's within 15 points of Kuznetsov the discount is worth it on my roster.

Also: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...stnikov-is-lightnings-top-line-secret/2341986

"He's always been a guy that's curious for me," Stamkos said. "You see the potential that he has. For him to get an opportunity where he can build some confidence for our line and get his confidence going I think is a big part, too, he can go out there and play."

The article makes it sound like he was just about to get off the ground last year when Stamkos went down.

I think he'll wind up in the 40-50 range, which will be a very good year for him. His linemates aren't going to put up 2 ppg all year, so even if he sticks with them, he's likely to slow down.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
he is a ok player his numbers will be insane this year id guess 50 to 55 points playing with stamkos and kucherov I'd want a 1st rounder for vladdy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dealing Vladdy is neither useful or practical at this point. I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was the most worthless player on the roster outside of Filppula but once again Kucherov was right. He has explicitly stated at least one time that I can remember that he plays best with Vladdy as well as Stamkos. I don't know how much credit Jon Cooper deserves for listening to Kucherov and putting this line together but I'm just glad it's producing results.

If we could get Killorn and Callahan scoring sometimes then we'd have arguably some of the best scoring depth in the NHL

Reactions: The Green Unit

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dealing Vladdy is neither useful or practical at this point. I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was the most worthless player on the roster outside of Filppula but once again Kucherov was right. He has explicitly stated at least one time that I can remember that he plays best with Vladdy as well as Stamkos. I don't know how much credit Jon Cooper deserves for listening to Kucherov and putting this line together but I'm just glad it's producing results.

If we could get Killorn and Callahan scoring sometimes then we'd have arguably some of the best scoring depth in the NHL

Through 11 games, I think we already do. Even with Cally and Kunitz not producing a whole lot, they're generating more chances than your average 4th line.

As for moving people, there's really no reason to move anyone right now. Maybe Sustr and Paquette, but even in those cases, only if we have someone ready to dip their toe into NHL action.

We could visit moving Vladdy in the off-season, depending on how the rest of this year plays out. I think he's going to have some inflated stats and it's a contract year. If he makes himself invaluable, then obviously we hold onto him. I'm just not convinced he's not benefiting hugely, right now, from playing with the two hottest players on planet earth.

Reactions: The Green Unit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->