Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Gavrikov To Sign with CBJ

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Z-Jones
Gavy-Savy
Kukan-Clendening

Gavrikov can eat minutes and is a very mobile defender. Playing him on the bottom pairing would be a waste. You have the man let him show you why he is so decorated in international play right now. We have seen what letting a kid like Tex play has done for our team especially the 2PP lets let our D excell now.

Put your faith in me fans!!! Ive been saying this guy should be in the NHL since 2015!! If you are ever just once going to believe my opinion on anything Jacket related give me this one... Gav needs to be with Savy or Jones out of these available defenders to get the most productive outcome. Think of Murrays production this year with Jones as to what Gav can do and im telling you Gav-Sav will be a VERY solid pair have said it all week.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Z-Jones
Gavy-Savy
Kukan-Clendening

Gavrikov can eat minutes and is a very mobile defender. Playing him on the bottom pairing would be a waste. You have the man let him show you why he is so decorated in international play right now. We have seen what letting a kid like Tex play has done for our team especially the 2PP lets let our D excell now.

Put your faith in me fans!!! Ive been saying this guy should be in the NHL since 2015!! If you are ever just once going to believe my opinion on anything Jacket related give me this one... Gav needs to be with Savy or Jones out of these available defenders to get the most productive outcome. Think of Murrays production this year with Jones as to what Gav can do and im telling you Gav-Sav will be a VERY solid pair have said it all week.

If he's that good he'll make his mark before long, I think you can relax. My concern is that he's not quite that good, and though he'll be a step up on Harrington, it won't be so obvious that Torts will trust him with minutes. If he's as good as you say, he'll work his way up very quickly and you don't need to stress it.

I'm surprised you're comparing his production to Murray's, that seems to be a reach.

Reactions: Madifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Clendening plays less than 10 min/game so far in the playoffs, so if Torts prefers 10 min of Clendening to Gavrikov, I doubt he'll play him at all.

As I said, it takes one play for clendening/Harrington to f*** up royally and Torts lose confidence in them (see, Texier) and Gavrikov goes in. If Gavrikov could play on the right side I’m sure he would have been given a look, and that’s not shot at him that he can’t, but I think Torts likes the balanced lefties and righties formation on D.

If Gavrikov chose to come over two years ago not only would he have gotten the opportunity to have torts’ trust but he also could have already gotten a decent nhl contract this summer. If he’s upset with not going in right now, he has nobody else to blame.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As I said, it takes one play for clendening/Harrington to **** up royally and Torts lose confidence in them (see, Texier) and Gavrikov goes in. If Gavrikov could play on the right side I’m sure he would have been given a look, and that’s not shot at him that he can’t, but I think Torts likes the balanced lefties and righties formation on D.

If Gavrikov chose to come over two years ago not only would he have gotten the opportunity to have torts’ trust but he also could have already gotten a decent nhl contract this summer. If he’s upset with not going in right now, he has nobody else to blame.

I actually don't blame Torts at all, it's very hard to add a new defenseman (especially rookie and especially rookie to NA hockey, even if he's a good player) to playoffs roster. Too much of pressure and resposibility, there is a good chance it won't work. Gavrikov should play at the World and then come to Columbus, when next season starts.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I thought he was decent in his first game. Wish he coulda hit the net a few more times but all around not a bad game. Thoughts?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I thought he was decent in his first game. Wish he coulda hit the net a few more times but all around not a bad game. Thoughts?

Most impressed with his skating ability for his size, he was gliding backwards better than some guys do forward

Wish he had been in from the go this series.....still think he can be a guy who helps them win this series

BELIEVE!

Reactions: Son of Petter

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Gavrikov did it wrong, he should come to WHC. Team Russia needs him badly, and Columbus doesn't. At least in these playoffs.

Lol. The WHC is a meaningless second grade contest where those who are no longer in the running for the Cup play for nothing. Russia will get his services during the Olympics if the NHL decides to participate.

This here is about his career, money and possibly the Cup. Compare this to some medal which means nearly nothing lol.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lol. The WHC is a meaningless second grade contest where those who are no longer in the running for the Cup play for nothing. Russia will get his services during the Olympics if the NHL decides to participate.

This here is about his career, money and possibly the Cup. Compare this to some medal which means nearly nothing lol.

In Russia WHC means like 100 times more, than Stanley Cup, though, and Gavrikov is Russian after all.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
In Russia WHC means like 100 times more, than Stanley Cup, though, and Gavrikov is Russian after all.

Yes I do realize what it means in Russia but every rational person who is able to view the big picture may and usually will get very different ideas about it all.

Also as said in other topics: in my eyes nobody is born as Russian or American. You are born as "you". The society teaches you certain things most of which are open to interpretation and can easily be rejected by one's psyche.

In this case: the guy has chosen for his personal goals and imo it should be respected.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I think he'll be a great addition to the team long term...I wasn't impressed with him in Game 5, and he left Pasta open on the back post for the game winner. I think this is too much, too soon, for an excellent but young player.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think he'll be a great addition to the team long term...I wasn't impressed with him in Game 5, and he left Pasta open on the back post for the game winner. I think this is too much, too soon, for an excellent but young player.
For the sake of clarity, you realize that was a 4-1 right?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

For the sake of clarity, you realize that was a 4-1 right?

That wasn't the 4 on 1, the 4 on 1 was an earlier goal (the third one?).

I took note that Gavrikov was on for both goals against (while Clendening had been on for 1 against in his entire postseason). But I watched the replay a dozen times and Gavrikov made the best of a shitty situation both times. On the game winner I'd like him to be further back but there's no way he can cover both Bergeron and Pastrnak. We needed a forward to help there, I don't want to blame Panarin because he hustled back, but someone has to pick up Pastrnak.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
but someone has to pick up Pastrnak.

Maybe the goalie could have realized he was the only player open and able to receive a pass.

Slow reaction, as usual, IMO. Pastrnak didn't get shit on the shot either.

Like what I see from Gav. Has made NO SENSE that Torts has started and continued to dress Clendening if he's not gonna play him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
That wasn't the 4 on 1, the 4 on 1 was an earlier goal (the third one?).

I took note that Gavrikov was on for both goals against (while Clendening had been on for 1 against in his entire postseason). But I watched the replay a dozen times and Gavrikov made the best of a ****ty situation both times. On the game winner I'd like him to be further back but there's no way he can cover both Bergeron and Pastrnak. We needed a forward to help there, I don't want to blame Panarin because he hustled back, but someone has to pick up Pastrnak.

You're right. I believe it was the 3rd one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe the goalie could have realized he was the only player open and able to receive a pass.

Slow reaction, as usual, IMO. Pastrnak didn't get **** on the shot either.

Like what I see from Gav. Has made NO SENSE that Torts has started and continued to dress Clendening if he's not gonna play him.

The goalie is supposed to play the shot (i.e. expect the puck carrier to shoot, and get a good angle on it).

I had a bigger problem with Bob betting on the pass on the 3rd goal (the 4 on 1).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad