Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Vladimir Tkachyov signs ELC with the Kings (1 year, $832.5k)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Not expecting him to be the next Panarin. He was good enough to take a flyer on years ago and he hasn't really disappointed since then. He's still ELC age, so it's no risk (except a contract spot), medium reward.

Could be a free middle 6 forward, could be a bust and go back to the KHL after his 1 year ELC.
Yeah, that's why I said "he might as well not even bother" because obviously, he is the only one who has something to lose in this situation. Sure NHL teams don't risk anything signing virtually any KHL player, at worst they have a body in the AHL.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't know anything about him, but his stats suggest that he's much more of a passer than a scorer. That's not really what LA needs... though he is a LW, which is their weakest position. Then again, that didn't help Prokhorkin, whose KHL stats were similar. I'm not going to expect much, but there's certainly no reason to complain about a free and cheap player.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Worse and smaller than both Markus Granlund and Ryan Spooner. I think there is a chance he might not make the team.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Kind of an odd move as I don’t really see how this fits for us, but it’s 1 year so whatever I guess. Either it works out and turns into something longer term or it doesn’t and we move on.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
According to cap friendly it was an ELC that was immediately burned he is an RFA

What the heck bs is this. He has next year on an ELC and then RFA next summer 2022. Nothing was immediately burned.

P.s. I like this free asset deal. Bring in someone with skill that can bump a guy like Mat Luff out of the lineup (hopefully). Nothing minor or major about it. If it works than more skill less Luff and if it doesn't than we are in the same spot with a little less cash.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Vladdy Hockey?

This guy was all the rage for a few hours in Edmonton until management figured out his contract was invalid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad