Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Vladimir Tkachyov signs ELC with the Kings (1 year, $832.5k)

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I’m surprised he never got a contract back then. I remember there being some issue when the Oilers were going to sign him but you’d think they or someone else would’ve signed him the next year

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Vancouver could be a landing spot. We need a Russian to help Vasili, and he would definitely have a spot on our 3rd line and PP@

Reactions: VanOriginal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I’m surprised he never got a contract back then. I remember there being some issue when the Oilers were going to sign him but you’d think they or someone else would’ve signed him the next year

Tkachyov/Tkachev fell into like the fifth or sixth clause for whether he could sign as a free agent despite having remaining draft eligibility. The CBA isn't the easiest thing to read, so Edmonton (and apparently the player's agent) misinterpreted one of the clauses and thought he was free to sign. But as we know now, a player has to spend his entire draft season in North America in order to go the Phil Myers / Josef Korenar route. Tkachyov split his draft year between between the CHL and Europe.

Edmonton went through a management change the year after, so the group that was ready to sign him in 2014 was no longer in charge in 2015 when Tkachyov was still draft eligible. Unless I'm misreading the CBA (which is a distinct possibility), Tkachyov was draft eligible for 2016 as well. So that's why nobody signed him after those years. He went from being a possible free wallet to somebody you'd have to spend a draft pick on. Similar CBA mix-up happened when Philadelphia tried to sign Tomas Hyka who went undrafted in 2011. League rejected the contract, then Hyka had a decent but not great year in the QMJHL. He'd go in the sixth round and Philadelphia opted not to draft him several times.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Vladimir Tkachev (b.1995) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

He's SKA's leading scorer during the regular season. Listed as 5'10 163, will be on the smaller side. Even if those stats are out of date he will still be on the smaller side of things at 5'10. Team's wont mind free players however I think most teams will be offering him a 2way contract to start things off if he wants to come to the NHL and this is nothing personal against him or his abilities as a hockey player.

Now in the Case of the Canucks, he was teamates with podkolzin, however the Canucks seem to also have an abundance of young offensive forwards that will also be coming in Kole Lind , Gadjovich and of course Podkolzin.

The best Canucks should do is a 2way contract or any NHL team.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers almost signed Anton Burdasov - so why not both this offseason?

The player I want back is Slepyshev. Unfortunately he's staying in the KHL for another year at least.
Opportunity--or moreso lack thereof.

Slepyshev's got another year left on his deal with CSKA, but he wasn't fond of the checking role the first time around IIRC. I can't see there being much icetime available to any of these forwards.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Vladimir Tkachev (b.1995) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

He's SKA's leading scorer during the regular season. Listed as 5'10 163, will be on the smaller side. Even if those stats are out of date he will still be on the smaller side of things at 5'10. Team's wont mind free players however I think most teams will be offering him a 2way contract to start things off if he wants to come to the NHL and this is nothing personal against him or his abilities as a hockey player.

Now in the Case of the Canucks, he was teamates with podkolzin, however the Canucks seem to also have an abundance of young offensive forwards that will also be coming in Kole Lind , Gadjovich and of course Podkolzin.

The best Canucks should do is a 2way contract or any NHL team.
I think the 163pounds is even generous. Hes very, very small but also very skilled. I cant imagine him being an NHL player though unless hes vastly improved in the last couple years

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Not enough attention in this thread was turned to the fact that his release had as much to do with the fact that SKA wanted to get rid of him as it does with him wanting to go try the NHL. Which speaks volumes.

Yeah if the whole Gusev situation taught me anything is that guys like Tkachyov have nothing to do in the NHL. He might as well not even bother since much much worse Gusev is a very fair comparison.
He's the better skater, than Gusev.
Being better than arguably the worst skater in the NHL isn't going to save him though.

Reactions: hn777 and kp61c

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks should show some interest here. Barabanov was a former teammate as was Alexei Melnichuk and they also have Knyzhov so there's a bit of a Russian influence getting into San Jose now. With the Sharks talking about going out and getting a 3C and a goalie, they probably should trade a winger or two to get that which should open up a winger spot for competition.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not enough attention in this thread was turned to the fact that his release had as much to do with the fact that SKA wanted to get rid of him as it does with him wanting to go try the NHL. Which speaks volumes.

Yeah if the whole Gusev situation taught me anything is that guys like Tkachyov have nothing to do in the NHL. He might as well not even bother since much much worse Gusev is a very fair comparison.

Being better than arguably the worst skater in the NHL isn't going to save him though.

Gusev was fine last year and will probably be fine next year if a team gives him a chance.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He should translate just as good as Kaprizov to the NHL, because you know him playing against professionals? What do you think 40-50 points?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Gusev was fine last year and will probably be fine next year if a team gives him a chance.
Yes but that's a big "if" and Gusev averaged well over PPG playing for SKA, Tkachyov didn't have a single PPG season in his career.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yes but that's a big "if" and Gusev averaged well over PPG playing for SKA, Tkachyov didn't have a single PPG season in his career.

Not expecting him to be the next Panarin. He was good enough to take a flyer on years ago and he hasn't really disappointed since then. He's still ELC age, so it's no risk (except a contract spot), medium reward.

Could be a free middle 6 forward, could be a bust and go back to the KHL after his 1 year ELC.

If the Habs let go of Drouin (that would be via trade), Tatar and/or Armia, I certainly wouldn't be against taking a bet on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->