Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
It's amazing what he can accomplish with more ice time! I think he would have put up better numbers last year if he had been given a larger role with the team. It looks like he made a good decision to stay in Russia for one more year and will be ready for the NHL next year. I think he could have helped Russia at the WJC had they given him more ice time last year.What I really like about Tarasenko from the limited games that I have watched is that he is not a selfish player and has very good play making skills and uses his teammates well.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the NHL next year. It looks like Nikita Nikitan is doing well for the Blues so far, so Tarasenko would have someone on the team who has already gone through the adjustment of learning the language and adjusting to the culture in the US.

I know you probably mean the WC; otherwise, that statement is pretty funny, ha.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It's amazing what he can accomplish with more ice time! I think he would have put up better numbers last year if he had been given a larger role with the team. It looks like he made a good decision to stay in Russia for one more year and will be ready for the NHL next year. I think he could have helped Russia at the WJC had they given him more ice time last year.

What I really like about Tarasenko from the limited games that I have watched is that he is not a selfish player and has very good play making skills and uses his teammates well.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the NHL next year. It looks like Nikita Nikitan is doing well for the Blues so far, so Tarasenko would have someone on the team who has already gone through the adjustment of learning the language and adjusting to the culture in the US.

He'll have Grachev too.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Another 2 assists in the 14th game of the season. He now has 8 goals and 9 assists. He needs two more points to match his point total of last year, which he accumulated in 42 games.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Let's hear a good comparison

Okay. If we're restricting comparisons to "absolute best-case scenario Soviet legends", Krutov would seem to be a more apt parallel for Tarasenko.

They're both fast, skilled, gritty, competitive wingers built like tanks.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Okay. If we're restricting comparisons to "absolute best-case scenario Soviet legends", Krutov would seem to be a more apt parallel for Tarasenko.

I'd go with Oshie on steroids, or a rich man's Oshie, i.e. very similar styles of game, except Tarasenko is bigger, faster, and more talented.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Another 2 assists in the 14th game of the season. He now has 8 goals and 9 assists. He needs two more points to match his point total of last year, which he accumulated in 42 games.

Hes leading the KHL in scoring (both points and goals) as well, although his team also has played the most games in the league. Lehtera is #2 also.

Tarasenko's skill set reminds me more of David Perron than TJ Oshie, although Tarasenko is more of a shooter than both of them. Perron plays a more aggressive game in the offensive zone than Oshie, and thats how Tarasenko likes to play. Also, at least in the WJC, Tarasenko was a bit of a cherry picker in the defensive zone, and Perron has a tendency to be the first one out of the zone as well.

pouskin74*

Hes leading the KHL in scoring (both points and goals) as well, although his team also has played the most games in the league. Lehtera is #2 also.

Tarasenko's skill set reminds me more of David Perron than TJ Oshie, although Tarasenko is more of a shooter than both of them. Perron plays a more aggressive game in the offensive zone than Oshie, and thats how Tarasenko likes to play. Also, at least in the WJC, Tarasenko was a bit of a cherry picker in the defensive zone, and Perron has a tendency to be the first one out of the zone as well.

not yet

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Tarasenko and Lehtera are 2nd and 3rd in KHL scoring at the moment. Tarasenko's tied for the lead in goals though.

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/202/

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
As posted on another forum by Siberian Tiger (our Russian friend! :D)
Vladimir Tarasenko has been named the KHL’s Forward of the Week. He played 4 games and had 5 goals and 5 assists. Both were league highs for the week. He had at least 2 points in each game. Two of his goals were game winning goals. He was also +6 for the week.

For the season, he has played 14 games and is 8+9. As of today, he is tied for the most goals in the KHL and is second in the KHL in total points.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Man I'm really interested to see what kind of numbers he'll put up in the NHL. I think the Calder race next year is gonna be unreal, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund, all the 2012 top prospects.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Man I'm really interested to see what kind of numbers he'll put up in the NHL. I think the Calder race next year is gonna be unreal, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund, all the 2012 top prospects.

Euro prospect for the Calder? It's probable with: Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund, Grigorenko, Yakupov, Galchenyuk(US-Russian-Belarussian)!

TheBakester66

Jun 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO, USA
If Tarasenko stays on his current pace, he's up there with the all-time leaders for 19 year olds:

Name League Season Age GP G A PTS PTS/GP
Tarasenko KHL 2011-12 19 14 8 9 17 1.21
Malkin RSL 2005-06 19 44 21 26 47 1.07
Bure USSR 1990-91 19 44 35 11 46 1.05

NHL Rookie Seasons
Tarasenko NHL 2012-13 20 ?? ? ? ? ?
Malkin NHL 2006-07 20 78 33 52 85 1.09
Bure NHL 1991-92 20 65 34 26 60 0.93

Pretty sick company. Bodes well for a huge rookie season.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006

Huberdeau and Strome will probably make their respective teams... it will be quite the impressive group.

romao

May 18, 2010
Kharkiv
If Tarasenko stays on his current pace, he's up there with the all-time leaders for 19 year olds:

Tarasenko KHL 2011-12 19 14 8 9 17 1.21
Malkin RSL 2005-06 19 44 21 26 47 1.07
Bure USSR 1990-91 19 44 35 11 46 1.05

NHL Rookie Seasons
Tarasenko NHL 2012-13 20 ?? ? ? ? ?
Malkin NHL 2006-07 20 78 33 52 85 1.09
Bure NHL 1991-92 20 65 34 26 60 0.93

Pretty sick company. Bodes well for a huge rookie season.
Is Tarasenko considered as a 19-years old? In December he will be 20.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Don't have to be Russian necessarily.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
very impressive by Tarasenko

good to see Shirokov 2nd goal scorer in the league and Igor Grigorenko still going strong at n'3

Use the Schwartz*

What I don't get is, why a player like Ovechkin can score at less then a ppg in the RSL can be considered a franchise player and then Tarensenko, who is on pace for something like 1.5 ppg, isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->