Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Who would you rather: Semin or Parise?

So you're really comparing Tarasenko to Semin? How many times have you seen Tarasenko play? He's a tank, can play a two-way game, and was the Captain of the Russian WJC team (and he currently wears an "A" for Sibir).

I may as well ask, who would you rather: Bure or Stempniak? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
actually i think Tarasenko is more close to Parise in playing style than Semin....

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Exciting young forward for a young exciting young defenseman ,i dont think there is a loser in this deal at all:nod:

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
So you're really comparing Tarasenko to Semin? How many times have you seen Tarasenko play? He's a tank, can play a two-way game, and was the Captain of the Russian WJC team (and he currently wears an "A" for Sibir).

I may as well ask, who would you rather: Bure or Stempniak? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

Nope I wasn't comparing him to Semin. Just that he's a guy with loads of talent (i know Tara is a big boy..etc, I'm not dumb), but I just know he'll be a flake ala Semin. I'll take the Gamer Parise type (Schwartz) over the sulky talanted Russian all day long.

Who would you rather: Parise or Ovechkin?

Tara isn't in the same league as Ovy....but nice try.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Nope I wasn't comparing him to Semin. Just that he's a guy with loads of talent (i know Tara is a big boy..etc, I'm not dumb), but I just know he'll be a flake ala Semin. I'll take the Gamer Parise type (Schwartz) over the sulky talanted Russian all day long.

You quite obviously don't know anything about Tarasenko at all.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

And what besides xenophobia makes you "know" this?

How do you know he isn't?

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
He's a good player, but he isn't Jaden.

He's Russian. There's no mystery to it. He dropped like a stone in the draft because of it and the fact he hasn't come over here yet just adds to it.

Wallachia

Feb 8, 2010

Oh this guy "just knows" Tarasenko's gonna be a flake. Irreputable evidence right there.

He's already shown he steps up in big games. He's already captained teams. His play is much more similar to Ovechkin's than Semin's. In fact, nationality is about the only thing he has in common with Semin.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He's a good player, but he isn't Jaden.

He's Russian. There's no mystery to it. He dropped like a stone in the draft because of it and the fact he hasn't come over here yet just adds to it.

Why isn't he?

So it is xenophobia? Is this just like Malkin, who didn't come over the year after he was drafted? Man, it must suck to be Pittsburgh and have a flake like that.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
It's not like I've compared him to a bum prospect..I've compared him to a player taken BEFORE Tara in 2010 and a player who **** kicked the NCAA last year. On top of that, Tara (rightly or wrongly) regressed last season with his KHL stats. It's probably nothing, but most players after they're drafted go up, not backwards. Tara had a great WJ tho, but erally that's a two week tourney.

Why isn't he?

So it is xenophobia? Is this just like Malkin, who didn't come over the year after he was drafted? Man, it must suck to be Pittsburgh and have a flake like that.

For every Malkin there's 10 flakes. There's exception to teh rules and I think tara could be that, but even then, he's not as dynamic as Schwartz.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
For every Malkin there's 10 flakes. There's exception to teh rules and I think tara could be that, but even then, he's not as dynamic as Schwartz.

You have yet to explain how he's less dynamic. I don't care which one becomes better because I think they're both first line talents, I would just like to see your reasoning. What other flake is there besides Radulov?

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
12 point in 12 games playing in the second best league in the world. Tarasenko is the real deal. Also for fun compare malkins and ovies russian stats with tarasenkos.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site

Did Tarasenko kick your dog or something? You have no reason to say this. :shakehead

You can say you prefer Schwartz (he's awesome), but to say Tarasenko is a "flake" and a "sulky talented (fixed it for you) Russian" is pretty immature and by all accounts inaccurate. Complete fabrications. Feel free to try to qualify your statements.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm baffled by the turn this thread has taken. Tarasenko is a guy who captained his WJC team to the championship, scoring the tying goal and setting up the game winner with a broken rib, and multiple of his teammates said he was the best captain they've ever had, and has become the youngest captain in his club's history in a men's league, in which he is currently scoring at a point-per-game pace. And he is being characterized as flaky and sulky.

I need some threads about fat goalies, three point shots, and standings according to goal differential to cleanse the idiocy.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Did Tarasenko kick your dog or something? You have no reason to say this. :shakehead

You can say you prefer Schwartz (he's awesome), but to say Tarasenko is a "flake" and a "sulky talented (fixed it for you) Russian" is pretty immature and by all accounts inaccurate. Complete fabrications. Feel free to try to qualify your statements.

He can't. But he can tell you all about being angry that anyone would dare rank Tarasenko ahead of Schwartz. Because somewhere...in some universe....tearing up the NCAA is greater than a PPG pace in a top men's league. You know...in Xenophobia...where Russians drink a lot and are lazy **** bums.:sarcasm:

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
mind_the_gap you obviously have never watched a second of Tarasenko play hockey outside of goal highlights on youtube.

Mr Lahey*

Hahaha, oh man, you know nothing about prospects, and I wonder if you've even ever watched Tarasenko play.

The fact that you listed Semin as a comparable is priceless. I couldn't imagine a guy who plays less like Semin then Tarasenko...lol

What a clown!

The Fuhr*

12 point in 12 games playing in the second best league in the world. Tarasenko is the real deal. Also for fun compare malkins and ovies russian stats with tarasenkos.

The center he plays with Lehtera is also a Blues prospect... both are going to come over next season with instant chemistry and fit the roles of Arnott and Lagenbrunner potentially.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
The center he plays with Lehtera is also a Blues prospect... both are going to come over next season with instant chemistry and fit the roles of Arnott and Lagenbrunner potentially.

Lehtera's future with the Blues is still up in the air at this point. We Blues fans have heard the knocks on him were skating and defensive play. But I'd say none of us have watched him enough to know if that's true or not. Maybe a Russian poster who has seen him in the KHL can chime in on this?

It will come down to whether Lehtera is willing to spend any time in the AHL or not. I don't blame the guy if he wants to earn a better paycheck in the KHL but if his goal is to play in the NHL then he may have to spend some time in the AHL if those issues we've heard are actually true. Plus the Blues have Phil McRae(who has taken a big step forward over the past year) in the mix for that position as well.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

Lehtera is a guy with amazing skill and vision but his skating is beyond awful so I don't see an NHL future there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad